• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. oblivion

Southwest WTB: Radius SVGA Multiview video card (ISA)

I have a friend that recently picked up a Radius Pivot monitor. He said it requires a special video card, the Radius SVGA Multiview video card which is an ISA card. Checking here if anyone has one for sale. Thanks.
  2. oblivion

Southwest FS: BSR 386SX/16 desktop computer

BSR 386SX/16 vintage desktop computer. This computer is tested working but please read the details below before buying! specs: CPU is an intel 386SX @ 16MHz, 4MB of memory, Intel 387 math coprocessor, built-in Cirrus Logic "Eagle II" video chip. MAD16 16-bit ISA sound card. 1.2MB 5 1/4 floppy...
  3. oblivion

power supply for Carry I 8088 FT-8100

I have a Carry I micro 8088 XT PC. but no power supply. There barely any info I can find on this thing so I just was wondering if anyone knew the wattage for the power supply. I have a generic 12V DC supply that fits. It seems to work and the machine appears to post, lights come on and the...
  4. oblivion

WTB: twistless floppy cable and 3 1/2 floppy drive set to D0 for Tandy 1000

So I'm looking to upgrade my Tandy 1000SX with a 720k 3 1/3 floppy drive to compliment the 360k 5 1/4 drive but I've had no luck untwisting my own cables. I keep getting general read errors and the such and I'm not sure if it's my floppy drive or my apparent sub-par ability to modify a floppy...
  5. oblivion

setboard can't setup EEPROM on Intel above board

Trying to add some memory to my IBM AT with an Itel above board plus. when I run the setboard program it detects the board but when I try to set things up manually I get the "setboard can't setup EEPROM: error and it asks me to call IBM support. I tried setting things up manually as well several...
  6. oblivion

Grid 286 1520 will not power on

I recently picked up a Grid 286 model 1520. when I plug it in (the 3 prong PSU) and hit the power switch the lower/external disk drive and battery charging/low lights blink and then nothing. Two of the many times I've tried to power it on it did start to boot and then shut off after a few...
  7. oblivion

Orchard Tiny Turbo question

I recently acquired an Orchard Tiny Turbo 8088 to 286 accelerator. I've read a few places that this card is incompatible with the Tandy 1000 line. My question is, is the incompatibility due to the placement of the CPU socket on the tandy motherboard making the Tiny Turbo's cable far too short to...
  8. oblivion

First mac to offer A/V in

kind of an odd question but what was the first Macintosh to offer A/V in jacks as standard? also were there any A/V in Nubus or PDS cards for older Macintosh II systems?
  9. oblivion

Wanted: lower bezel to a apple IIe color composite monitor

I know this is a super long shot but I have an Apple IIe Color Composite Monitor missing the lower bezel. It's the hinged plastic part that folds down to reveal the adjusting knobs under. I figure it a long shot but maybe someone here has a completely dead or busted monitor their holding onto...
  10. oblivion

Need nlx bracket for video card

Anyone have a cheap nlx form factor bracket they can sell me? With or without attached video card. I just need the bracket.
  11. oblivion

installing a DF0 selector in an amiga 2000

ok, so I bought a DF0 selector off AMIGAstore.eu some time ago to install in my amiga 2000 so I could select between my internal floppy drive and an external floppy emulator (to keep the origional look on the desktop). The instructions I found seem to be for an Amiga 500 where your supposed to...
  12. oblivion

The Amiga 2000 only outputs monchrome via the composite jack?

I just wanted to confirm this but does the Amiga 2000 only output monochrome via the rear composite jack? I wanted to do some simple video capturing via composite from my A2000 but all I was getting was a B/W signal. The Amiga is NTSC and not PAL. To firm this I even connected it up to a...
  13. oblivion

WTB: anyone have any NEC VC SDRAM for sale?

looking for NEC VC-SDRAM of any size. I think only NEC produced this RAM and it looks just like PC100/133. It was supposed to be a sort of competitor to RDRAM and DDR and was only supported by VIA Apollo PRO 133/133A and KX133 chipsets AFAIK. I was able to find this image of a stick...
  14. oblivion

Quadram PCjr

Just picked up a Quadram pcjr expansion chassis. not a lot of information on the net about this particular unit. can anyone tell me how much RAM it can expand the PCjr up to or any intresting features it provides? I also read a post that said you can swap the 360k drive for a 720k drive...
  15. oblivion

gateway 2000 4dx2-66v specs questions

recently restored a desktop gateway 2000 4dx2-66v but I have a few questions. did a google search but couldn't find any info or a manual for this model (it is the older large case with only 3 5 1/4 bays and the Pentium overdrive socket on the MB). what's the MAX RAM limit on this motherboard...
  16. oblivion

CPU voltage question on older Socket 7 board.

I have a pretty early socket 7 board from 95 a Tyan S1468. Officially it only accepts up to a Pentium 166mhz and has 5v and 3.3v selectable voltages. My question is will something like a later AMD k6-2 400 work with this board? I know the BIOS almost certainly will not support it but I'm worried...
  17. oblivion

WTB: bay rails for Gateway 2000 4dx2-66v

This is going to be a bit of a longshot but I recently acquired a Gateway 2000 4dx2-66v I'd like to restore, unfortunately only one of the 5 1/4 bays was filled with a 3 1/2 floppy drive in a bay adaptor. Id like to install a CD drive and a 5 1/2 floppy drive in the other 2 bays but since this...
  18. oblivion

what is composite CGA?

so my previous understanding of a CGA video card was you had 2 options, you could output via the digital DE-9 for CGA, Hercules and all the other modes that use the CGA standard and then you had your RCA jack for outputting color composite via the analog cable to a TV with a composite jack. I'm...
  19. oblivion

ATI small wonder CGA question and no color composite

I have a few questions about the ATI small wonder CGA card. first off I have a version 1 and 2 and both have the same "issues". The cards seem to work just fine in CGA mode in almost circumstances and look correct with the exception of BurgerTime which in CGA mode looks very odd. I could only...
  20. oblivion

color question on Microsoft Flight simulator 2.1

I have a question about the color palette on this game. I'm running version 2.1 on a PC compatible with an ATI small wonder CGA card and a Tandy CM-5 CGA monitor. when I pick the option " use RGB monitor" I get what looks like CGA mode but i'm seeing more then 4 colors on screen at once. its...