• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

California Left over pdp 11 boards in partially torched rack, in two cabinets

sure, are you sfba? I'll be going back and forth to warehouse in san carlos this week. dale
  2. D

California Left over pdp 11 boards in partially torched rack, in two cabinets

Dropping price to $200 for the last rack and all contents. Pick up in San Carlos, California. Added some additional info. Top Chassis 11/34 heavily damaged chassis Included boards, some damaged: M8134,M8139,M8140,M8138<M8123,M8136,M8141 M8130,M8132,M8137,M8135 The middle/lower chassis'...
  3. D

Fire sale PDP-11 stuff

Dropping price to $300 for the last rack and all contents. Pick up in San Carlos, California. Added some additional info. Top Chassis 11/34 heavily damaged chassis Included boards, some damaged: M8134,M8139,M8140,M8138<M8123,M8136,M8141 M8130,M8132,M8137,M8135 The middle/lower chassis'...
  4. D

PRE computer age computers (aka mechanical calculators/slide rules/analog computers)

i think of pinball machines from the EM era as giant electro-mechanical adding machines with pretty pictures and challenging one to get the largest number to appear as you score.
  5. D

Paper tape punch programs

I vaguely remember typing in the title I wanted to be punched into the tape before the leader and then the code and finally the trailer. It converted the characters to a bit patterns that were punched into the tape so we could read it. Being in highschool at the time, we punched plenty of paper...
  6. D

New Analog Computer kits for around $300 from Germany

I started a new thread with corrected information. I couldn't figure out how to edit my original post, in particular the title.
  7. D

Correction: THAT Analog Computers are fully assembled, not kits

The original THAT was an open source project and had assembly instructions. The current ones being offered are fully assembled and tested. You just need to supply a 5V USB power source. The pricing on their web page says EUR299 including VAT. But when I ordered mine the price was reduced such...
  8. D

New Analog Computer kits for around $300 from Germany

https://the-analog-thing.org/ THE ANALOG THING (THAT) is a high-quality, low-cost, open-source, and not-for-profit cutting-edge analog computer. I've ordered one of these for myself. They are collecting orders for the second build so I won't see anything for a couple months. This is really...
  9. D

California Used DEC H950 rack, includes backdoor, and 2 heavy duty shelves: $250

I sent a PM back to spock345. Yes, it is still available.
  10. D

California Used DEC H950 rack, includes backdoor, and 2 heavy duty shelves: $250

Yes, I suspect shipping costs for entire unit would be high. And yes, I can sell shelves separately.
  11. D

Located in San Carlos, CA. Backdoor and heavy duty shelves are installed. Rolls around fine. No electronics. There is a filter in the top but foam will need to be replaced as it is getting sticky, but not yet disintegrated. No electronics. This and the previous H960 rack posted came from an...
  12. D

California original DEC H960 rack, has sides, front, and back: $450

I have an unused DEC H960 rack. Comes with original sides, front, back, etc. No electronics.
  13. D

Need help with 5110 testing to 5114 floppy and/or 5103 printer

I've done some restorative work on both drives in my 5114. The motor and spindle now run fairly smoothly and without as much noise. But I'm getting error 13 (no device) when I try to access it from the 5110. I do have a terminator plugged into the 5114. The voltages seem to be ok in the 5114...
  14. D

Working IBM 5110 model 2 (no QIC drive) for sale

32K RAM. Passes power on self test. Typed in a little basic program and it executed correctly. No mass storage devices. No printer. Video display is bright and sharp. Video out connector works. Asking $1500. San Francisco Bay Area.
  15. D

Vintage analog computer in surplus auction at University of Texas

It seems to be fairly loaded. 3 quarter square mult 7.045 3 dual repetitive integrators 12.1115 1 tie point network 12.267 1 variable diode function generator group(16.308 vdfg readout, 2 vdfg modules in the trays underneath) 1 display network 12.987 1 relay comparator 6.143 1 dual function...
  16. D

Recommendations for archiving Amiga floppies to modern file system.

Hi all, is there a solution for connection an Amiga compatible floppy drive to a PC running a either linux or windows? I have a stash of Amiga floppies that need to be read so they can be used on a modern computer. thanks dale