• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. robbo007

Sun Ultra 30 NVRAM issue

I did try the new M48T58Y NVRAM but no way to get it working with that. Its strange as people are selling this same chip programmed and working for Sun Ultra30. Maybe there is another command I'm missing.
  2. robbo007

Sun Ultra 30 NVRAM issue

I used my demel on the old NVRAM and stuck a coin battery on the top. I then reprogrammed the idprom with these commands. This works for a Ultra30 sun4u machine type. I might try the M48T58Y NVRAM chip with these commands at a later stage to confirm if it works or not with the Ultra 30 (Sun4u)...
  3. robbo007

Western Europe WTB Shugart 860 8" floppy drive (World Wide)

I'm still looking for a 8" 850/851 or 860 if anyone has one for sale please PM me. Thanks
  4. robbo007

Olivetti M300-04 Video RAM

Hi guys, I've got a Olivetti M300-04 (386SX-20). The onboard video ram is Siemens looks like 2x 256k 70ns and checkit/norton seems to display 256/512k. So confused how much it really has, 256k or 512kb. The online manuals and info show the board layout with two onboard chips and 2 slots...
  5. robbo007

Thanks rpb, I've just sent you a private message. Regards,
  6. robbo007

WimWalther, Thanks, after further researching I think my best bet is the 860 or 850/851. If you have time to check the unidentified drive to see what it is let me know. Regards,
  7. robbo007

A Shugart 850/851 would also work..
  8. robbo007

Hi, I'm looking for a Shugart 860 8" floppy drive. Preferbely Europe but from anywhere in the world also.
  9. robbo007

Anderson and Jacobson ADC 260 Acoustic Coupler power

Hi guys, I've located an ADC 260 acoustic coupler and its missing the power cable. From the manual I see there are two ways to power it. Manual here (page 2) : http://w.bitsavers.org/communications/andersonJacobson/ADC260_Operating_Instructions.pdf 1. is via the teletype DB25 connector which I...
  10. robbo007

Schematics for Anderson Jacobson ADC 260 Acoustic Coupler

Hi guys, I managed to source a ADC 260 acoustic coupler. Going to start restoring it. Does anyone have the schematics ? I managed to find the "General Operating Instructions" but nothing else. Regards,
  11. robbo007

Can anyone identify this ISA card?

Interesting. Probably sent the signals via the serial ports then. Ok. Thanks.
  12. robbo007

Can anyone identify this ISA card?

Hi guys, Can anyone identify this ISA card? Some sort of conversion or interface card? Regards,
  13. robbo007

IBM 5155 MFM Hard Disk dimensions

Thanks for that. I can use park.com from Spinrite II to park the disk right? I don't think I'll be lugging it around too much as it not exactly that light to move. I'll check out that plastic on amazon. Look pretty good. I don't feel good about cutting the original one. knowing how hard they are...
  14. robbo007

Yeah, that was my fear but I think I will do it as my chances of finding one will be very low. I don't think I'll be moving this disk to another machine. If I do it will be my 5160 which I have the bigger bezel. Maybe I could find someone to 3d print it? hmmm..
  15. robbo007

Interesting here's my bezel. You can see its got 3mm different which is just a too much to get the thing in without breaking it.
  16. robbo007

I did look into those but found a cheap 20MB drive locally. I much prefer to use original kit with my machines. If and when the disk dies I'll grab one for sure.
  17. robbo007

Its the small 1 bay size. Not the big 2 bay one. I think I might just cut a little off each side. Looks complicated to locate the original as you say.