• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Jackson

Cheapest fair-quality and non-USB logic analyzer/oscilloscope?

Going to get one as part of my Christmas bonus, so I am wondering if I should take something like a Tektronix 1225 or something else.
  2. Jackson

The Search for ATi's Color Emulation Card

The font set seems to be the same as the Small Wonder cards.
  3. Jackson

I looked blindfolded. Anyways, thanks for the EPROM dump! Nice to have a significant piece of ATi history.
  4. Jackson

@olidlavoie Can you preserve the BIOS as soon as you can? It's a nice find.
  5. Jackson

ROM updates for NEC Ready 9618

I finally installed NT, but it was tricky. You have to force NTOSKRNL to be loaded by replacing NTKRNLMP. As always, select the Standard PC HAL. You may also need to explicitly set this in BOOT.INI, too-- even when only those files are installed-- along with perhaps /pcilock and /use8254...
  6. Jackson

So I tried booting the Microid Research BIOS in an emulated PowerMate V environment within 86box. The PowerMate V uses the same board as the 9618. Given this, it's unsurprising that Microid Research did not care for what this board even was nor did they even try. Attempting a boot results in a...
  7. Jackson

There's a Microid Research file for a Ready 9522, which uses the same board as the 9618. Too bad it seems I can't actually flash it on my machine-- at least the contents it doesn't like. There is an undocumented ROMREC jumper, but it does absolutely nothing worth of value. Don't make me have to...
  8. Jackson

Does anyone have these personally archived? My NEC has a nasty bug with IRQs that prevents some tools from properly working and crashes Windows 2000 while booting, and even if you enable a workaround, that leaves everything except Windows 2000, which freezes at "Setup is starting Windows 2000."...
  9. Jackson

XTIDE Universal BIOS

EDIT: This appears to be an unrelated issue to the Universal BIOS-- nevertheless, I still got to get that Dallas out and flat.
  10. Jackson

XTIDE Universal BIOS

With the large 386 BIOS and 32-bit disk access mode, booting a disk setup of Windows 2000 results in an error code 4. I know that the BIOS wasn't meant for this, but I'd still like to know why. It goes as far as loading ntkrnlmp.exe before it crashes.
  11. Jackson

Finally, after a bunch of years of waiting and searching I got one!

Running CROMIX, huh? Nice find... these systems are very hard to come by here!
  12. Jackson

Microchannel cards implemented in discrete logic

I'm sure there were a few, but have they been collected into a list? The only ones I know of are the Roland MPU-IPC and my personal Future Domain MCS-350, which is of a very low serial number. All of the chips sans the EPROM and the RAM buffer are TTL and PAL logic. Some of the PAL chips look to...
  13. Jackson

Super glue stuck in small SIMM socket, oozed all over

Heh heh, memtest86 passed over 115% with no errors. There looks to be a slightly borked trace near one tiny IC, but that looks to have been there before the mishap. I mistook it for being a glue spot and tried to scratch it off, although only a few times fortunately, with a paperclip and...
  14. Jackson

After multiple sessions of Goo Gone, it looks like the scum is fully neutered to the point where I can post with a full 6016 KB again. Time to insert my Reference Disk and make further investigations...
  15. Jackson

optromloader: IBM PC/Clone 8086+ floppy-loading of option roms.

This will work great with my XT for hacking the Future Domain SCSI BIOS to fix overriding the floppy controller card and allow for booting from removable drives.
  16. Jackson

Acetone did not damage any of the plastics here... these sockets are very good for what they are! (Hint hint: big blue...) But yes, I'll have to probably eventually desolder and use a blade for this!
  17. Jackson

In my wacky, immature installation shenanigans, I got Gorilla all over a RAM socket and did not realize it an hour until drying. It's everywhere; under the socket, in the pins, and over the board where the problem spot is. With a couple of rubbing alcohol, deionized water plus dish soap...
  18. Jackson

5140 compatible LCD replacement

No. This was an old auction from a school warehouse eight years back, and I have only started to look at it now.
  19. Jackson

5140 compatible LCD replacement

Does any exist in the modern age that at least an industrial firm sells? Regardless of wacky prices, my original, never used LCD unit has lines down the screen; so, no go.
  20. Jackson

Hello, Xenforo World!

Hello, Xenforo World!