• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Western Europe Cromemco system 3 with C3101 terminal : asking 650 CHF

For Sale in Switzerland ( and around...) a Cromemco system 3 in working condition, i.e. boots into RDOS. Contains : ZPU, 4FDC, 65KZ and PRI S100 cards. Does NOT contain any floppy drives. for pics see https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/cromemco-system-3-s100-system-mit-c3101-terminal-1212538516/...
  2. J

VCF Zürich / Switzerland on 19 & 20 November 2022

..as always, in the "Rote Fabrik", near Lake Zürich. admission 7 CHF. See https://vintagecomputerfestival.ch We will have Smaky Computers ( working) and some Liliths from the ETH Museum ( probably display only) in addition to the regular exhibits. Prof. Gutknecht will be attending. Pre-corona...
  3. J

Please ID this Data General diskdrive...

This Data General disk drive came into my possession today : sadly it was changed into a showpiece by directly driving the disk and not much else. Probably toast by now.. I can recognize the serial IO typical of the micronova series, but not much else. If someone can ID this drive?
  4. J

S100 Harddisk controller for Diablo 30/40 14"drives...

...do they exist ? did anyone ever made such controllers ?
  5. J

Any Stride 640 / 660 / 680MP owners out there ?

I could do with a good picture of the mainboard and a dump of the BIOS eproms.... These are 68020 based systems with a 68851 MMU and SCSI support. ( I recently recovered the Unistride 2.2 unix install tape for these )
  6. J

Imaging RX01/02 disks on a Linux laptop.

Not possible ? Yes, it is, if you have an older laptop with a real printerport, a DSD440 drive and a bit of TTL circuitry between the printerport and the DSD440. While not yet ready for primetime, maybe someone may want to look if the following binary image makes sense ...
  7. J

Datapoint 2200 / 5500 Ram display logic board schematics drawn up.

Just as a backup : here is the schematic I have drawn up for the "high-speed" Display Logic Board, as uses in later variants of the Datapoint 2200, the 5500, and probably also the 6600. These have the programmable characterset as described in the 5500 manual and uses the "diddle-scan"...
  8. J

Seagate ST4096 repair..

Are there common & known issues with these drives ? Such as there are with RD53 's. Trying to recover an Unistride install .... Jos
  9. J

ETH Lilith DPU-board remake

I intend to remake the ETH Lilith DPU board. This was an optional board with a MC6802 subsystem that could take over a Lilith by overruling the bitslice microcode- and addressbus. This was used during development of the Lilith and later to maintain the systems. I intend to use it in bringing my...
  10. J

ETH Lilith and Ceres pictures from the ETH

The ETH has professionalized its previous ad-hoc collection of items from the informatik deparment ( home of Pasal / Modula / Oberon languages ) Find many high-res pics of prototypes of Lilith and Ceres machines and boards here : https://wil.e-pics.ethz.ch/index.jspx?category=1100 Most...
  11. J

Some more Lilith / Ceres software recovered.

I was at the Museum fur Kommunikation in Berne yesterday, where I was allowed to recover the contents of the harddisk of the Lilith they have on display. That would be this particular specimen : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith_(Computersystem) Among the goodies recovered is the source...
  12. J

Some more Lilith / Ceres software recovered.

I was at the Museum fur Kommunikation in Berne yesterday, where I was allowed to recover the contents of the harddisk of the Lilith they have on display. That would be this particular specimen : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith_(Computersystem) Among the goodies recovered is the source...
  13. J

Recovering an Unistride QIC tape...

I have at my desk an Unistride 2.1 distribution tape, in a QIC-24 format. This is a Unix for the Sage/Stride 4xx systems, standard QIC drive for these systems was an Archive 5945L I read this tape on a Linux box with a Wangtek 5150ES SCSI streamer twice , and obtained the identical binary blob...
  14. J

It's alive, my Datapoint 2200/1100 !

Anf finally, after a few years in my possession, the machine has been restored to the point where it now enters the build-in debugger. I first had to read the Datapoint 5500 manual to understand how to enter the debugger. And now need to understand this debugger some more, existing documentation...
  15. J

Lisa II and SCSI card...

I have here a Lisa II, romset H88, and a SUN remarketing SCSI card. Macworks 1.0.18 is running from an IDEfile disk. However the attached SCSI disk is not seen : am I overlooking something ? I'd run Macworks plus 2, but do not have the required extra hardware... Jos
  16. J

1950ies vintage IBM punchcard machine FS in Switzerland

Not mine, hate to see it scrapped, but no way I could give this behemoth a home : https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/lochkartenmaschine-ibm-ca.1950-1147081456/ Jos
  17. J

CPT8000 / CPT9000 disks for download.

In the extremely unlikely situation that you might need them : Here are systems disks for the CPT8000 / CPT9000 Wordprocessing systems. The CPT9000 is a PC-AT, an MSDOS PC slanted for wordprocessing tasks. Find them at ftp://ftp.dreesen.ch/CPT Jos
  18. J

Cromemco C10 Schematics wanted..

...in order to revive my exemplar. Jos
  19. J

WTB : Tandon TM100-2A

Want to buy a (working...) Tandon TM100-2A. Need one to repair a new-to-my-collection Cromemco C10, whose floppydrive suffered a upper head failure ( copper frame failed, head dangling on its flexcable...) I am located in Switzerland Jos
  20. J

Tektronix 4052/4054 Multifunction modules available.

So I created a mutifunction module / ROMPack for the Tektronix 4052/4054 - This covers the ROM-expander (Tektronix 4050E01) functionality in that it allows the equivalent of up to 8 ROMpacks into a single ROMpack module. ( Actually 16, if the TEK would have been able to handle that...) -...