• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Intel 8085 question

After a quick look I came to the conclusion that it would take a lot of work, problem is the 'windows forms base' of the program as it is now. Also converting to UWP or WPF would't be a solution. Checked Mono as a possibility but there are many snags with that I'm afraid. So I'm not porting the...
  2. D

Intel 8085 question

Indeed it is the question of what a simulator is. In this case it just simulates the input/output of the SDK-85 in the form of a display and keyboard. So nothing with the timing (which is considerably slower with this program for the purpose of examining the assembler code running on it). I...
  3. D

Intel 8085 question

Since c# is now available under linux I will give it a try coming days.
  4. D

Intel 8085 question

It emulates the SDK-85 in the way that is displays what is send to memory address 1800H and it reads the keyboard (if you click with the mouse on a button) by filling that value in 1800H. But only if interrupt 5.5 is enabled (not masked) because that is the interrupt the SDK-85 uses for the...
  5. D

Intel 8085 question

Now at version 1.3 of the simulator, fixed some bugs. Thinking about adding a second display/keyboard form for debugging other homemade (single board) systems, maybe based on a multiplexed system (port for digit, data for segments). Any thoughts ?
  6. D

Intel 8085 question

The Op8085 is new to me, thanks, will come in handy :) Already made some improvements, now at version 1.1, also added a changelog to the repository.
  7. D

Intel 8085 question

Will have a look at that document, thanks. Still working on restoring my 'real' SDK-85, when that has finished I can check the simulator against the real thing.
  8. D

Intel 8085 question

Please do and give your findings about it. Just noticed I have to check on the undocumented instructions this weekend, ARHL was incorrectly interpreted.
  9. D

Intel 8085 question

Just my 2cents: Recently acquired an SDK-85, so busy on a simulator for it last few months. Just uploaded the first version to GitHub for those interested: https://github.com/ForNextSoftwareDevelopment/8085
  10. D

Internal Stack Overflow

Hi all, I recently bought me an IBM 5160 that I was able to put to use after a low-level format of the harddisk and installing MS-DOS 3.3 on it. However, I noticed an 'Internal Stack Overflow' after operations for some time. At first I suspected the keyboard (interrupt) because of the...