• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Making a custom computer case with "built-in" keyboard

Hello. In the past few days, I have learned of an amazing piece of kit called the Color Maximite 2. It's basically a modern kit computer that runs basic, but runs it very fast, and is also capable of music and other things. I decided I want to buy one. Problem is it doesn't have it's own...
  2. S

Who else knows what a Stylophone is?

So I ordered this a while ago, it's a Stlyophone, a pocket size basic synthesizer which you play with a stylus, meaning you essentially complete a circuit which plays each "key". I got it because I want to learn how to play some sort of instrument and this looks easy to learn and play, and now...
  3. S

"Acceptable" CPU Temps?

I have owned a Thinkpad T42 for about the past two months, and it's great. Only complaint I have about it, is that the fan is rather loud, and I found out that it's normal for Thinkpad's of it's age and series to have a lot of fan noise, because the BIOS fan controller makes the fan go much...
  4. S

Sound/Music FX Software for Windows 9X, 3.1, or DOS?

I have just bought a Stlyophone S-1 (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a pocket synthesizer which you play with a stylus), many famous artists used it, including Bowie in "Space Oddessey". Seeing as I bought a reproduction model which also has a headphone out, I will be able to...
  5. S

Would this upgrade plan be a go?

I have a Compaq Deskpro EN, the base specs are: Intel Penitum II 400mhz 192MB RAM 20GB HDD (I already upgraded that a while ago, from the original 6GB) ATI 3D Rage Pro (8mb) It's actually pretty good and I like it a lot, one of the time periods I want a fully working good machine to cover is...
  6. S

Wifi Client Windows 98SE

Now that I have the sound in DOS mode figured out, I am only missing one thing. I have a Cisco Aironet 350 Series PC Card installed, and I have the driver for it installed too, just not the client utility, as I can't find a version of the client utility which will work in 98SE. So I am...
  7. S

Sound drivers in Windows 98SE DOS Mode?

So, I have just become the proud owner of a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 Series laptop, Installed 98SE on it and got all drivers installed on it (Windows) except for the Infrared port, which I can't find but is irrelevant because I never use that anyways. As far as DOS Mode goes, I downloaded a...
  8. S

What is this?

I noticed something interesting while taking some photos of the motheboard in the Prolinea 4/66. At first I thought it was a slot for a VLB extension, but then I noticed that it is shorter than a VLB slot, and it is also not in-line with the single ISA slot that the riser card is in, so I don't...
  9. S

Anyone able to give/sell a Compaq Prolinea 4/66 case/cover?

So The prize of my collection is my Compaq Prolinea 4/66, I have it for a little over 2 years now. There is one cosmetic thing about it that I don't like which is entirely my fault, when I first got it and removed the cover to get inside it and take a look around, I used way to much force...
  10. S

Windows 3.1 /Awe 32 sound - No Midi?

In order to fix another issue, I had to delete Windows 3.1 and reinstall it fresh, which did fix the graphics issue I was having. However now I have another issue. I had to reinstall the drivers for my Awe32, wav files play no problem, and so does audio off of CD. However whenever I go to play...
  11. S

WTB: Good 2MB ISA Graphics Card

As the title says, I am looking for a good video card, with 2MB of VRAM, to replace the ATI VGA Wonder (1mb) in my Compaq Prolinea 4/66. I'm looking to do a bit of an upgrade, and the video card is the weak point of the system. I tried searching for things like the Diamond Speedstar 64, and...
  12. S

Anyone know a good mid-2000s laptop?

I am currently on the hunt for a good laptop from the mid-2000s. I want to be able to play games from the early-mid 2000s on it. I did come across a Dell Precision M70 on ebay, with good specs, like a 2.1ghz Pentium M, 2Gb ddr2 ram, and an Nvidia Quadroflex 256mb GPU. However the problem with...
  13. S

"Ouija" Boards Anyone?

I've recently found myself becoming interested in spirit/witch/talking/ouija boards, and other such devices that spiritualists use/d to communicate with the dead and such. Now, I will state I am an atheist, a rationalist, skeptic and everything else under that umbrella, so no I do not believe...
  14. S

Front Panel Audio connected, but not working?

Hi, So some of you may have seen a couple of my other posts regarding my father's old computer from 2009 I recently upgraded and turned into a decent gaming machine for the late 2000's, as a fun project. Anyways, it runs pretty good, and only has minor issues with Saints Row 2 and I chalk that...
  15. S

2008/2009 PCI-E 1.1 x16 graphics card reccomendations?

I have recently resurrected my father's old computer from the end of the 2000's (PSU says 2009 on it, and the megaware company that built the case went defunct in 2009 as well). it's decent: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ 500GB HDD 4GB RAM Radeon 3450 512MB DVD burner and I just installed Windows XP...
  16. S

Compaq Persario 5820 CD-ROM Drive weirdness

So, I got a free Compaq Persario 5820 from my local computer repair shop today. Even though it has a Celeron and has a Windows 98 sticker on it, it seems the previous owner Upgraded it to XP (which works, but is very slow). Anyways, it seems to almost all be working, except for the CD drive...
  17. S

Is it the monitor or is it me?

I have had a Panasonic Panasync C1381i vga monitor from 1992 for a little over a couple years now. However about 6 months ago or so, I started noticing it being "too bright" or "too dark", often times when it was "too bright" it would look a little washed out, and if I was in the DOS (not...
  18. S

A late Winter Solstice Gift to Myself

I ordered a refurb Lenovo Thinkpad T430 on boxing day, it came in today! Tested, all seems working, and there's a 90 day hardware warranty too. i5-3320m 2.6ghz 8GB RAM 1TB HDD This has 2 usb 3.0 ports, one normal usb 2.0, and one always on usb 2.0, vga, 3.5mm headphone/mic port, display port...
  19. S

Royal Canadian Air Farce: The Macintoshes

This is an old episode of a popular Canadian comedy show called "Royal Canadian Air Farce". This one is from 1996. I found it very hilarious and worthy of sharing. "The Macintoshes"
  20. S

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

*** I will try to keep this as spoiler free as possible for those who haven't watched yet, but everyone has different definitions of what a spoiler is, so keep that in mind *** I went to see "The Rise of Skywalker" today, overall it was good. It was nice to see my favorite Star Wars character...