• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Cromemco C3102 or Beehive DM30 terminal Emulator

Yeah, there are a few terminals that Kermit 95 and CKW only emulate to the extent they're commonly used or used by a particular system. For example the multiple page/window stuff in the VT 320/420/520/WYSE/etc isn't emulated And yeah, huge codebase, and it's been around in one form or another...
  2. D

C-Kermit for Windows (formerly Kermit 95) - pull requests welcome :) https://github.com/davidrg/ckwin/ Supports serial (regular, USB, or over network via RFC2217) as well as most other connection methods you could want in a terminal emulator
  3. D

A programmable emulator is an interesting idea, though I imagine it would not be easy to implement for anything but very simple terminals. I could perhaps add C3102 emulation to C-Kermit for Windows (the successor to Kermit 95) - looking at the documentation it doesn't seem like a particularly...
  4. D

DEC PC 433 Workstation 486 PCW10-A2

Found the documentation that went with those DECpc Windows 3.1 disks: AK-PJBLA-TK DECpc MS-DOS Ver. 5.0 User's Guide and Reference AA-PJBKC-TK DECpc MS-DOS Ver. 5.0 Enhancements AA-PJBMC-TK DECpc Microsoft Windows Ver. 3.1 User's Guide AE-PLNTB-TH SPD 37.30.00 Microsoft MS-DOS operating System...
  5. D

that explains why people struggled to find it I guess - DEC labeled it wrong on their support site
  6. D

I've got the original disks: I suspect while they may have come with a DECpc 333sxLP, they were probably originally prepared for the DECpc 433 Workstation and those DECpc 320sxLP/325sxLP test machines seemingly sold in this part of the world from April 1992 (ref1, ref2, ref3, ref4) - otherwise...
  7. D

I wonder if perhaps I've just found the Windows 3.1 drivers for the graphics hardware in these machines. Sadly I don't have one to test with (just have the external drive enclosure), but perhaps someone who does could confirm. I've got two different sets of "DECpc Windows 3.1" disks. The older...
  8. D

Microsoft Client Help

This should be the latest driver package for the EtherWORKS 2 family (DE100/200/201/202/210/212/422): e2kit201.zip And the diagnostics: e2diags.zip And the documentation: de201-om.pdf Packet Driver: depca.com (and the source: depca.asm ) Kind of surprising DEC didn't ship a packet driver -...
  9. D

Which computer companies fabbed their own Silicon?

DEC sold their fab to Intel along with most of the stuff they made in it (PCI bridge chips, ethernet controllers, ARM CPUs, etc) to Intel at the end of 1997 a few months before Compaq bought what remained of the company. I think all Compaq got was the Alpha and related bits.
  10. D

Is there any way to look up DEC internal part numbers of the format ##-#####-##?

Common to the point where some things were widely referred to/known by their part number rather than the often quite generic product names DEC chose, if they even had a product name at all. The part number scheme is covered by: DEC STD 012-0 Part Identification Standard DEC STD 012-2 Unified...
  11. D

Installing Xenix on a 5162 or 5170

The archive page notes that the 16bit Unix variants such as Xenix and 2.xBSD may require an earlier release of C-Kermit due to lack of access to/testing on those platforms in recent years/decades: https://www.kermitproject.org/archive.html
  12. D

mTCP NetDrive: network attached storage for DOS 2.0 or better

Any particular reason not to have a mode of operation where the TCP/IP stack itself can run as a TSR in a similar way to the Novell one allowing multiple applications (including a Windows WinSock implementation) to share it?
  13. D

VAXstation 4000/60 NVR issues.

Ever figure out what the cause of this error? I've got a machine that worked fine when I put it on a shelf a few years ago but now its doing the same thing - "?3C WRTERR" and "?? CRPT - Reenter bit clr"
  14. D

Help with IMP245 + XMODEM for downloading files from my Dial-UP CBBS ...

This sounds like the perfect opportunity to bring up a little project I maintain: C-Kermit for Windows. It's the same as C-Kermit on Unix but with built-in terminal emulation, X/Y/Z-MODEM protocols, an ssh client and a bunch of other features. Columbia sold this as commercial software for about...
  15. D

Digital UNIX/Tru64 Patches

Looking at the NHD-7 readme it looks like it also applies to 5.1A and will install patch kit 6 if required. Not as nice as just finding the .tar file but it does mean that until it turns up there is at least a way of updating 5.1A with whats available online today. And it also turns out I've got...
  16. D

Someone has sent me 5.1B patch kits 3, 4 and 5 so I'll aim to get those on the page tonight. I think I've also got a copy of NHD-7 on the FTP server somewhere which I should probably add to the page too but I've not had a close look at it yet - the newest Alpha I've got is a DS20 which predates...
  17. D

Gave bing a try for some reason and it actually found the 5.1B-6 patch kit (#8) at this URL: http://mirrors.pdp-11.ru/_alpha/_tru64_OSF-1/Tru64%205.1B6/ - for whatever reason google doesn't seem to have crawled either it or the irixnet.org post pointing to it. So now only the final 5.1A patch...
  18. D

yep, that's my FTP server! Unfortunately when I grabbed that stuff from ITRC years ago I didn't realize the aggregate patch kits were stored elsewhere (under /pub/patch_bundles/tru64/ rather than /pub/tru64_patches) so I never got any of the 5.1B patches or the last one for 5.1A. It seems other...
  19. D

Yes! That's extremely helpful! In the old/ directory are the final patch kits for 4.0G, 5.0 and 5.1, plus a few older patches I've not seen anywhere else. So now its just Tru64 5.1B and 5.1A that are missing their latest patch kits - T64V51BB29AS0008-20100821.tar and T64V51AB24AS0006-20031031.tar.
  20. D

I'm looking for Tru64 aggregate patch kits, in particular the most recent ones for 5.1B, 5.1A, 5.1, 5.0 and 4.0G which don't appear to be available online anywhere anymore, but older ones may be interesting to find too. From late 2003 until late 2010 HP made them available in...