• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

MIKUL 6809-5 PLC / Furnace controller

Thank you all for the follow-up. I did a fair bit of work reverse engineering the MIKUL 6809-5 and 6218 on my site. The ones I bought boot right up together and the firmware was usable with the addition of a cheap keypad. The MIKUL 6218 in particular makes a great platform for a high capacity...
  2. E

Why does building something from Github have to be in a "secret" language and needlessly archaic with no real instructions?

I just checked a repository I have and sure enough, I did not include the JED file, only the equations. Adding it feels like including a binary with the source code. It is completely useless for me to edit or understand. The JED file is just an intermediate file for my purposes. I guess I don't...
  3. E

Why does building something from Github have to be in a "secret" language and needlessly archaic with no real instructions?

I understand the frustration with using some of these tools, but the project noted here is a pretty complicated one with 3 target systems to program (apple II, raspberry pi, and GAL). It is not for beginners. Expecting the developer to document how to use the 3 tool chains is a bit much...
  4. E

I was able to clone it without problem: git clone git@github.com:V2RetroComputing/analog.git cd analog git submodule update --init The project this is based on seems to have very thorough instructions for the components: https://github.com/markadev/AppleII-VGA/blob/main/pico/README.md Maybe...
  5. E

Cleaning old motherboards

I have put logic boards in the dishwasher on several occasions with no ill effects, and to great benefit. It was very effective at removing leaking capacitor dielectric and get a computer working again before I could do a re-capping. After the dishwasher, I do a quick rinse with isopropyl to...
  6. E

My super minty Intext ICS/Elenco XK-300 M6800 trainer plus some extras

Hi Stanley! Good idea with the TOC... Here is "Introduction to Microprocessors" by Carl M Glow and Roger M. Kersey, published by National Education Training Corp (same parent company as ICS INTEXT), for comparison:
  7. E

Book arrived. It is definitely the textbook for the ICS INTEXT course. It goes through a lot of microprocessor basics, and then details of how those apply to the mc6802 and 6802D5. There are just a few hardware/software examples. Unfortunately, amazon raised the price to $20 after I bought my...
  8. E

I am pretty sure this is the text book for it: https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-to-microprocessors-Electronics-series/dp/093318705X I bought one. I'll let you know how it goes.
  9. E

I pulled my manual out to see what you were talking about, there are definitely some gaps, which is why I gave the step-by-step.. You have to know how to read an assembly listing at least. And the final instruction to…’press “0” and “GO” to begin execution” would just set the final address to...
  10. E

Dual floppy drive Macs - rare?

Ohhh, I loved my Mac SE with a bracket that hung the hard drive off the back of the top disk drive. Best of both worlds... or, nonsense, you choose.
  11. E

Here is a step by step for entering the HELP program on page 3-10: 0 M CE GO 76 GO 79 GO FF GO E4 GO 1D GO CE GO 38 GO 73 GO FF GO E4 GO 1F GO CE GO 40 GO 40 GO FF GO E4 GO 21 GO CE GO F0 GO A2 GO FF GO E4 GO 19 GO 7E GO F0 GO BB GO RST 0 GO
  12. E

Nice score! The Elenco XK-300 manual is almost identical to the MEK6802D5 manual, as the boards have nearly identical schematics. There are a few test programs in the manual: USE D5, HELP, and TIME that are well documented on the previous page. The rest of the code in the manual is thorough...
  13. E

No Retrochallenge 2022?

RC2022/10 Halftime update! So many great projects: https://www.retrochallenge.org/2022/10/rc202210-halftime-update.html
  14. E

No Retrochallenge 2022?

Less than 2 weeks left until we start! Check out the projects so far: https://www.retrochallenge.org/p/entrants-list-202210.html
  15. E

No Retrochallenge 2022?

We were going have it in January, but why wait?! We are happy to announce RetroChallenge for the month of October 2022! RetroChallenge 2022/10 Theme Categories We have one theme category for this event: Endurance Challenge. This category will be judged and awarded separately from the standard...
  16. E

Why did this Apple II only sell for $710?

That looks like a late model logic board, maybe even for an apple II+. Also, the power supply is a later one for Apple //e, not the original gold tone. I am not totally sure, but just my initial impressions.
  17. E

Questions about S-100

Building a backplane bus based Apple II will be difficult because most of the components can't really be separated from the processor and system memory over a single bus. Many parts of the Apple II are designed to work closely together. Take for instance the interleaved access of the system ram...
  18. E

Mystery card/hack..Need help ID'ing!

That definitely looks like pin 29 ( /NMI ) to me. I think you are maybe skipping the ground finger at the back. INTIN would not generate an interrupt since it is N/C to anything except the INTOUT of the lower card slot, which should be an output.
  19. E

Mystery card/hack..Need help ID'ing!

No, they were sold pretty widely as the Apple II hobby prototyping board: https://bespin.federalproductions.com/mycloud/Apple%20%5D%5B/Apple%20Computer/A2%20Hobby%20Prototyping%20Board.pdf