• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

How do I turn the graphics screen boarder off in Extended Color BASIC?

I've been taking an online class, and since everyone else has set up their little backgrounds, I decided to put some of my vintage computers in mine running some looping BASIC programs on a green phosphor CRT. Obviously, since the classes run for a few hours, I don't want anything too static...
  2. D

250407 Board with an AC power issue

Fixed. The 74LS193 at U30 was defective.
  3. D

250407 Board with an AC power issue

I've been working on this board for some years now. Worked fine for a long time then stopped. However, I think I've narrowed in on the issue, I just don't know what's causing it. Using a Ray Carlson PSU, the 9v line puts out about 9.5 to 9.6v consistently. This is verified when plugged into the...
  4. D

Need parts lists for monitor recaps

I cleaned the pots on the Amdek and it appears to be back to its old self. I'm still going to hold off on calling it fixed yet... Maybe give it a few days before I declare victory. But for the moment, the picture is bright an sharp, so I'm very happy. The Monitor /// will have to wait until...
  5. D

While I agree that both monitors are well built and for the most part, reliable, the issue is that image is flickering on both. The Amdek even appears to cut out from time to time (really, the image just gets really dim). This has been a continuous and progressive issue for both monitors. If...
  6. D

So I have three green phosper displays that need a recap. The first is an Amdek 300, the second is an Apple Monior ///, and the last is a Kaga KG-12NU. I also have an Apple Monitor II (the one with a tilt screen) that will fliker initilly, if left idle for an extended period, but stabolizes...
  7. D

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

Admittedly, most of what I have isn't particularly rare, just uncommon. But I do have a few bits that might make the cut. 1) A 1969 Micro-Switch Keyboard. I have no idea what it came from, as I was never able to identify the board. But it feels really nice to type on. Maybe I'll figure...
  8. D

Need Schematics and Photos of an Alspa ACI-1/2 Power Supply

I've been looking into this, but I think I also need +24v and enough amps to run the floppy drives. From what I understand, it doesn't boot to BASIC. It needs a floppy. Also, to test the RAM, I'll still need a dumb-terminal as there is no direct video or display out on this thing. It's...
  9. D

I assumed they were 4116s, but are marked AM9016EPC. Google seems to suggest they're the same things.
  10. D

Alright. I'm pretty sure that I got it connected right. At least to the main 115v. Even though it started spitting smoke. I'm saying this because, before it started smoking, the I was getting -5v on the green and +12v on the red. White was giving +10v... So something was wrong. Then, on...
  11. D

Alright, so taking all the advice here. To start, this is what I have: Here is the power supply and internal connections: I was able to trace the mains to the two pins under the fan with the green wires soldered to them. One of those wires is soldered to the transformer under the fan via the...
  12. D

I got an Alspa ACI-2 a few weeks ago thinking it was just a dual 8 inch floppy enclosure, only to discover it was a full CP/M computer. Unfortunately, the main power supply had been stripped, and the most of the case screws are missing. However, as luck would have it, I managed to find the...
  13. D

Apple II (Not Plus) Board has Issues

Yes, there is continuity between pin 41 of Slot 0 and pin 15 the 74LS138 at H2. Also, I tried swapping it with another, but sadly, no luck. Also, yes, both the Language Z80 Cards have been tested in two other II+s. A picture of the load error in AppleSoft/DOS 3.3 Below: This is why I...
  14. D

Pins 25 (+5v), 26 ((GND), and 41 (I/O Select) all have expected continuity. Pin 1 is not connected, nor are there any shorts to the adjacent pins. As for the "green," I was referring to the color of the plastic. The pins are a nice and shiny gold. I have a multimeter, semi-functional logic...
  15. D

Okay. There was a RAM issue! I basically had to strip it down to its base 16k and then work my way up to a full set of working chips bank by bank, but it now loads programs from disk and cassette! However, there's still an issue with Slot 0. I tried installing a Language Card and it's not...
  16. D

Not ruling it out. I've replaces all the chips that had corroded legs and rotated them all into the socket at D3, which I believe is the first (bit 0) RAM (but I could be mistaken), on the theory that if the chip were bad, then the computer wouldn't boot. I know it's hardly a conclusive test...
  17. D

Recently got a Rev.2 Apple II board. Originally had AppleSoft ROMs, But the AutoStart had a bad pin (broke off) so I replaced them with an Integer set I had on a II+ board. The board boots to the Machine Monitor, and with a ROM switch card (AppleSoft onboard) in Slot 0, it will go to BASIC. I...
  18. D

Looking for Tetris for the Model 1????

Just what the title says. I like Tetris and I have several TRS-80 Model 1s (as well as a Model III) and I'd like to enjoy the combination someday. After all, if this thing can do Zaxxon, Tetris shouldn't be that hard. However, the only version I've found is for the Model 4... So not so...
  19. D

Making trs-80 boot and software disks with GREASEWEAZIL controller.

If all you're interested in is the OS Boot disks, you can do this by cassette: https://www.buessert.de/Technik/Museum/TRS-80/Bootstrap/english.htm The actual files are available in WAV formats in the TRS-80.com software search section. (https://www.trs-80.com/wordpress/) Bootstrap v7.6 [Make...
  20. D

CBM 4040 5 Flash Failure! Need parts.

Alright. So far, I've replaced the 6530, 6504, all the 2114 RAM, the 6502 (not really a suspect, but I have a tested/working spare), as well as both 6532s. I've also replaced all three sockets for the 6530 and 6532s. And I'm still getting a single flash error!?!?! Any thoughts? Side note...