• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. 1302L

Victor 9000 / Sirius 1 Hard Disk Emulation

Hi Paul, Thanks for your explanation, this might be far beyond my capabilities. I think, you’re right SYSELECT ist the right tool for this job, I was just afraid of doing any damage to my fragile success at this time, but now, as I have made safety copies of my emu file it might be worth a try...
  2. 1302L

Hi, a little bit earlier: please find attached my emu file, I did not rename it. I was checking the RAM via RAMTEST V4:: With the extension card (384kB), the test failed and program was frozen after the screen attached was displayed, please see screenshot attached. Without the extension...
  3. 1302L

Thanks @djg , @davidrg and @pdevine ! I will try to transfer files in binary mode and report how this went. Next slot for this should be on Sunday. :) @pdevine, yes, I am very glad that the emulation worked finally (impressive, how fast and easy @djg 's board boots the Victor) , many thanks...
  4. 1302L

Yes, I did. I tried it with the original st412_a.zip file. Did not work. It seems that my machine wants to put their own 'signature' on the emu file first before it works. I will download my file from the emu board and will provide it for trials on other V9K machines. Curious if this works vice...
  5. 1302L

Hi djg, Thanks! The base of my emulation was this file. I will try to load another image and do a safety copy of mine. Interesting would be also, if the bigger images (from your website) can be modified as well by the procedure @pdevine described or if the Limit is 10MB. We'll see. I will...
  6. 1302L

Hi all, I finally succeeded to copy the system files to the hdd emulation, after many attempts it worked. The Victor now boots from the HDD emulation! :) Tried a different version of Kermit (2.29) this worked as well. What I did before this attempt was removing the RAM extension card. Each time...
  7. 1302L

Hi Gary, will gladly do so, I think it's time to do a write-up. There has been a lot going on. But @djg and @pauldevine had been right, my HDD controller seems to work properly. I modified my last post a little bit, maybe also of interest for you. Just visited the website of the Northwest...
  8. 1302L

Hi Gary, thanks, I will try this tonight. Created new disks early this morning and was able to copy KERMIT to the HDD. My Floppy drive is giving me a hard time as it is not in good shape, the further the head moves outward, the louder it gets and more read errors are occurring. But I managed to...
  9. 1302L

Tonight I had a little bit more time and was successful obeying @pdevine ’s instructions. After the drive was formatted correctly with FACTORYF, by using the F5 parameters, I used HDSETUP to create one partition of 10MB. Having had success with that I ran AUTOSET successful as well and switched...
  10. 1302L

Hi, I switched back to the normal Version 4.14. The cleaning floppy disk arrived as well, cleaned the heads of my drive, runs smoother now, I hope, it did the trick. - Started @pdevine 's new emu file (Which I formatted last time) - Loaded an MS-DOS Floppy version - Ran FACTORYF => Success...
  11. 1302L

Hi, after creating some new disks, I was able to access pdevine's new image, same story, I can execute DIR, but if I want to execute a program on the HD emulation, I am getting the same error as before. Running SHOWSTAT was possible, please see Screenshots and Log file attached. No super -...
  12. 1302L

Thanks, of course you're right, I am just using new and (when I bought them) sealed disks, but nevertheless these are at least 30 years old... - Is cyclomethicone a kind of silicone oil? Do I apply this on the cleaning disk? Tonight I will clean the heads and write the disks again, hope this...
  13. 1302L

Hi Paul, as I disassembled the machine roundabout two months ago, I gave the drive a thorough cleanup with isopropyl and some thin cotton pads, can this be possible that I have to do this again after such a short time? I admit, the drive was working very well and much smoother and quieter after...
  14. 1302L

Hi djg, Sounds trivial, but, could this be the root cause? The emulation started as usual (looking on putty), but the machine did not boot, as posted above I wasn't able to boot from Floppy as my Disks have become faulty and I was getting boot errors. I will re-write the disks asap. On the HDD...
  15. 1302L

Dear Paul and djg, many thanks for your posts and your effort! Tonight I wanted to have a quick go on @pdevine 's new HDD image. I was able to start the emulation, but my Floppy Drive played up and accepted no Disk anymore, except a Floppy-only DOS 1.25. But nevertheless I gave the emulation...
  16. 1302L

Subsequently I used the old command to start the emulation, I don't know if this makes sense. (emufile_a is victor-msdos3-clean-emulation) Running HDDISK and SHOWSTAT - no changes at all, but there are very short seek times again. In SHOWSTAT there is the possibility to dump the record, please...
  17. 1302L

Hi djg, I tried the following, but it did not work, would you please advise where's my mistake? :) Best, Martin.
  18. 1302L

Hi djg, sorry for my late reply, I was on business travel. First Thing I did was running SHOWSTAT (Picture 3611&3612) and HDDISK,(Picture 3613) afterwards I tried to use FACTORYF Super for formatting the drive (Picture 3614&3615), please see Screenshots attached. I will now continue to use...
  19. 1302L

Hi djg, here we go with a fresh thread, I got a directory. Yes I was getting the X98 most of the time (Sometimes X06 [Track 00 not found] as well), now it is solely the X98 Downloaded the from your website, being curious, are there other sources for V9K HDD images? Yes! I used screenshots...
  20. 1302L

Victor 9k / Sirius 1 Software

Hi djg, thanks, you're right, I will open a new thread for the emulation discussion.. Best, Martin.