• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Epson PX-8 Oval Display Adaptor

Speaking of display, did anyone ever manage to open the display of a PX8 ? I tried but it looks like it's gonna break. I'd like to check what's inside (capacitors, etc) and also deoxit the contrast thing
  2. C

Data General One 2T manuals

Hello everyone, I'm looking for PDF with scans of the Data General One 2T manual, maintenance manuals, or any manual really. I can't find them on the internet, or I'm not looking at the right places maybe If someone has them and would be willing to scan them, that would be much appreciated...
  3. C

PC-2 / PC-1500 problem

Jesus I need to investigate that in my pc2 !!! I don’t want a candy bar blob growing in it :)
  4. C

Toshiba E.MI.S. and Tech Access converted from the Atlas CD's

The one thing that would change our lives ; as vintage laptop collectors : is schematics … These are still nowhere to be found for most models
  5. C

1.2MB drive CANT read 360K

On the Backpack 1231 (so the all metal one that i'm talking about here) it's an Intel 82077 , also with a 24Mhz crystal. https://www.cselettronica.com/datasheet/N82077.pdf
  6. C

Believe it or not... I managed to make it work. First of thanks to everyone who tried to help me, I learned a lot along the way and I'm sure someone will read this topic in the future and benefit from everyone's wisdom. The solution was inside the PDF of TEAC FD55GFR specs. First of all the...
  7. C

FYI here is a comparison between the only two drivers for the FLoppy Backpack that I know about, the 2.10 here (on the left) and the Minus0° cdrom version (on the right) We can hardly talk about an incremental change :) One is nearly double the other , they have don't have a single line in...
  8. C

Any chance you could find 2.11 ? Because in the internet only two things are to be found : the v2.10 above (fits on a 180K disk) This is the one i'm currently using. And the "floppy drive" driver from the cdrom people can find on minus0° , which fits on a 1.44MB and contains other files which...
  9. C

I really would like to put my hands on a floppy image as I'll allow me to rule out the possibility of this beeing a driver issue. I find it unlikely, but hey, it would explain the symptoms AND the fact multiple people report the same. thanks for looking @Chuck(G) Also, it would be a nice...
  10. C

It's a TEAC FD55GFR , I'm not sure this is stock to the unit - but the seller who is the original buyer of the unit back in the day - says it is. Problem is that these 5.25 backpack are so rare that there is very little info about them, the drivers FTP is down indeed, and 30 years have passed...
  11. C

Yes I even found pictures on ebay of a NOS unit with the box. This unit (the one I've got, and probably the one of the OP as well) is called a "microsolutions backpack model 1231" (which is by the way not written on the unit itself) It's a bit fuzzy WHAT it exactly does but it says on the box...
  12. C

I’ve got the exact same problem with the same hardware ( and sorry for necroposting ) Do you use the all metal backpack ? I’m starting to think the drivers that are around the internet are for the all plastic one . In the meantime I’ll put the drive ( teac fd55gfr) in a greaseweazle to confirm...
  13. C

TRS-80 PC-2 (Sharp PC-1500) Pocket Computer Software Library (& request for more software) - Full PDF scans and digital WAVs

What’s funny if you think about it is that , at that time , there was more text in the manual than in the source code of the app
  14. C

Backpack 5 1/4 Floppy : 360KB on 1.2MB / TEAC 55-GFR

Thanks, you both give me hope :) Is there a link for that review @krebizfan ?
  15. C

At this stage I've tried everything, all things point out to : the backpack -at least the one I've got, the all metal one similar to the Tandy external drive (made by the same company) simply cannot write or format 360KB disks. Even if the backpack software (backfmt/bpformat) has an option for...
  16. C

Yes, I tried formatting disks that I knew were already PC formatted, and also tried formatting new old stock (cello) PC DS/DD medias. I really feel I'm missing something obvious, I wish I had more experience. Maybe switching PC will shed some light on this. If I've got the same problem on a...
  17. C

What is super odd also is that this "cylinder 0" error (reported by both msdos format and the Bp's own format tool) is nowhere to be seen on the internet, except in the amiga world.
  18. C

DRIVETYPE just asks you if it is a 360 or 1.2MB drive, i've set it again to 1.2 but that didn't change a thing, but it was worth a try Under windows 95 (with the bp drivers) same thing ; can format 1.2M, can"t format or read 360K. Mhhzzzz At this stage I see 3 possiblities - the floppy is...
  19. C

That is a good suggestion indeed Is there a way to show the current value without touching it ?