• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Inherited TRS 80

It's on the way to the Nashville area. Yesterday (Friday) a highly recommended local shipper packed it into two boxes according to the new owner's instructions and is getting it delivered Monday for $99.00. I'll post its condition as soon as I hear.
  2. J

Inherited TRS 80

Someone, I believe in Tennessee, sent a PM saying that he'd take it off my hands, but I lost the message. It's up for grabs for anyone who wants to make a trip to the St. Louis area to pick it up. I don't have the inclination to pack and ship it, so it will probably go in to a recycle bin...
  3. J

Inherited TRS 80

Here are pictures of the device. I was mistaken; there are four pieces -I had forgotten the floppy drive. The good news is that three of the four are covered by the original translucent vinyl Radio Shack covers and don't appear to have much tobacco smoke stain on them. :) I live about fifteen...
  4. J

Inherited TRS 80

My hope would be to get it to someone who would put it back into service, and at least pay for the shipping to get it. I never worked on a TRS 80, so I have no personal attachment; I just want to get it out of my shop. I'll try to get some pictures posted.
  5. J

Wang 700 Amortization program

It would probably be a lot easier to key in from the spreadsheet. And then a lot of fun to see if you can find places to take steps out.
  6. J

Vintage Wang computers

Or especially the 2200 PCS II, the self-contained one with one or two floppy drives built in. We sold them to auto dealers for the finance man and sales manager. They weren't real powerful, but had plenty of juice for that job.
  7. J

Inherited TRS 80

A friend from my programming days died and left behind a TRS 80 which has come to me after all these years. I know nothing about it except that it has three major components; CRT, keyboard and CPU. I welcome any help in determining what it is, when it was built, and if anyone wants it. Right...
  8. J

Vintage Wang computers

Djchili, I have been looking for a Wang 700 or 600 for years. I don't suppose you have one of those taking up room in your basement, do you? Also I had a lot of experience installing and programming them and the 2200, VP and MVP systems and will gladly share what memories I have left. I got...
  9. J

Wang 700 Amortization program

The attached Excel spreadsheet is for the benefit of anyone who has a functional Wang 700 or a Wang 700 emulator such as the one by durgadas311. The program is neither sophisticated nor compact, but it's the first Wang 700 program I've written in 45 years, so I'm not ashamed of it either. It...
  10. J

Wang Series 700B Advanced Programming Calculator Refurb.

Is there an update to this thread? I would love to hear what BlaBla1985 is doing with this machine. I taught myself to program a 700B in the early '70s which lead to a career programming Wang 600s, 700s, 2100s, VPs and MVPs. I just discovered the simulator that durgadas311 wrote and have been...