• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

VCF Swap Meet - June 10, 2023 - Wall, NJ

@3lectr1c I am signed up to be a vendor. Am I able to arrive around 9AM?
  2. J

Looking for Compact way to Store Many Vintage CPUs

That looks like a pretty good solution. Do you know if it can handle the smaller CPUs?
  3. J

Looking for Compact way to Store Many Vintage CPUs

I have a collection of over four or five dozen CPUs ranging from the early 80s through the early 2000s. I am looking for a compact way to safely store all of the CPUs in a single box. My collection is comprised of DIP, LGA, BGA, and PGA CPUs. I also want to have extra space in the box to expand...
  4. J

Texas CDC Keystone Tape Drive From Texas to PA or Temporary storage in Texas

Are any of you in Texas? I need help with temporarily relocating a CDC Keystone Tape Drive at someone in Texas until I can figure out shipping to PA. Any one able to help me with transport before April 30th? more info here...
  5. J

Please ID this Data General diskdrive...

Thank you, since I am starting with a blank slate, I think I will base the control scheme on the better document CDC HAWK Drive. It is the only hard drive I know of that has a block procedure schematic and a stepper motor. I just picked up the interface card for a CDC HAWK drive. It has more...
  6. J

Hey I am reaching out again to see if you can provide me some more info on the circuit boards.
  7. J

@jdreesen Can you please send me a copy of the control board's ROM chips. Thank you
  8. J

The hard drive arrives on Monday.
  9. J

I do not have a clue on how to repair one of these but I want to restore it to some resemblance of functionality. By that I mean reading and writting to the disk. I have only ever worked on more modern gard drives.
  10. J

Could I use a 6 pin stepper motor driver from my broken Epson Pinter, if I modified it?
  11. J

The stepper motor board? Do I have that one on mine? Also I may be able to find the Data General chips somewhere.
  12. J

Could you upload hign quality images of the control board. I am rebuilding it from scratch since the one I just bought from EBay does not have any of its circuit boards. Thanks.