• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Ontario Tandy CoCo3 plus extras - $450CDN

Selling my Coco 3. It is in really great shape. Looks like new. Located in Ottawa. Has 6309 and 1MB RAM. It also has an RGB to VGA cable which, depending on the monitor, can directly plug in and work. Also I have a Roy Justus VGA adapter for this machine. I will include it so you can use any...
  2. T

PCI parallel port card / Windows 98

I am in moderate need of a 2nd LPT port on my Win98 box. I tried a cheap card off ebay based on the WCH CH351 chip set. While "something" was installed that vaguely resembled an emulated LPT port, I could never make it work. Seems like legacy DOS apps don't like "redirected" I/O ports or...
  3. T

Tandy Printer Interface Selector 2 - need manual

Having trouble finding any online info about 26-2820 Tandy Printer Interface Selector 2. I actually have a use for it, but it seems like it needs some custom cables since it does not have DB-25 connectors. Anyone recall if this is a bi-drectional switch? thanks!
  4. T

Win98 on P4 systems: COM ports not working

I'm looking for some help to debug an issue I have seen twice now on 2 separate hardware. I am trying to run Laplink from a windows 98 machine to an old 8088 laptop, using serial transfer. I have two different Pentium 4 class systems, both with windows 98 installed and working. I see two...
  5. T

Moore?

Hi, anyone recognize this machine?
  6. T

Ebay auction - relisted Zenith Z-171

I'm not selling this; just want to raise awareness of the auction. This one will be interesting to watch, because this seller previously auctioned this exact machine. It sold for about 100$, and the seller appears to have cancelled that sale and immediately relisted...
  7. T

Windows 98 / serial / Laplink??

Hi, I have a Pentium 4 box loaded with Windows 98, to act as a tweener. The W98 box is on my home network, and I want to use it to transfer files from the outside world to my old machines. I've come across a strange issue and looking for feedback. The issue relates to serial ports. I can...
  8. T

Need PC memory dump utility!

Hi, I am in need of a DOS command line utility that can read memory from a range of addresses and write it to a binary file. I need the utility to run from a command prompt and make minimal changes to the video. Ideas? Thanks.
  9. T

needed: LCD control potentiometers from Toshiba laptops

I'm in the middle of repairing a Toshiba T1000XE laptop. Unfortunately, I damaged the two thumbwheel potentiometers that control the LCD. Many of the different Toshiba laptop models used the same kind of (hard to find) pots. Here's a pic of a T2000 Inverter board, showing the thumbwheel pots...
  10. T

I would like to add a 5.25 floppy to a Pentium 4 computer

Looking for suggestions on how to accomplish adding an additional 5.25 floppy to my ASUS P4P-800 deluxe computer. Bios supports only ONE floppy of any kind. My ideal configuration is 1) 5.25 1.2MB floppy 2) 5.25 360K floppy 3) 3.5 1.44MB floppy For (1) I can directly mount it in the PC...
  11. T

California Buy 5.25 floppies in Santa Clara?

Anyone know of a place in the bay area to buy some old 5.25 1.2MB floppies? Lmk thanks!!
  12. T

Ontario Wanted. 1.2 MB 5.25 floppy drive

Hi, Interested in getting a 1.2MB 5.25 drive to read some old disks. PM me if you have a drive you could part with for reasonable $$. Thanks
  13. T

Help identifying SOT89 regulator

Wondering if anyone could provide some clues as to what part this is? Assume it is a linear regulator? Comes out of a power supply ckt in a Toshiba T1000XE.
  14. T

Toshiba T1000XE repair thread

I recently bought a T1000XE with problems. Thought I would start a thread specific to this machine, and capture what I find. some related threads: https://oldcrap.org/2017/10/26/toshiba-t1000xe/...
  15. T

Help to ID 286 mobo?

Wondering if anyone can tell me what mobo this is? Looks like a lot of empty sockets for ram. Thanks
  16. T

single sided 3.5 floppy

I recently saw a box of Fujifilm MF1DD single sided 3.5 inch floppy diskettes. Were these really uncommon? I can't find much reference to 3.5 disk drives being single sided?
  17. T

Zenith Z-171 BIOS variants

hello Z-171 owners- I understand that the Z-171 BIOS went through a lot of iteration during production. I am interested in gathering up various BIOS images. There are 3: 1) Main system BIOS 2) Video BIOS 3) Keyboard BIOS If you can gather these binaries from your machine (using software or an...
  18. T

Zenith Z-171 hardware debug

Well out of nowhere my trusty Z-171 XT 99% compatible is completely broken. It went from working to not working in one power cycle. Normally when the Z-171 boots from a power on, it does a memory check first. Now, when I power on, I get rando garbage on the display, and the screen flashes...
  19. T

Windows 98 on a Pentium 4 tweener.

Hi Folks. In a nutshell, I tried to load Win98 on a P4 system. It is my tweener because I can still use 5.25 floppy drive with this system. Win98 would not install. The installation got a long way along, past the full install and then a reboot, after which it complained about not having...
  20. T

8250 serial port speeds on XT, AT

I have 2 machines displaying very different speed capabilities on RS-232. 1) Z-171, 80C88 4.7MHz, 8250 UART with 1.8432MHz crystal --> works well at 9600baud, but receiver cannot keep up at 19200 baud 2) Sharp PC-6220, 80286 6/12MHz, unknown serial hardware --> supports 115200 baud obviously...
Back