1. Caluser2000

Mac Pro 1,1 worth it?

Who is us?
  2. Caluser2000

Missing threads/messages from the old forums

Try Duck Duck Go or Bing...
  3. Caluser2000

Mac Pro 1,1 worth it?

It's a myth that you have to be stuck in an Apple Inc eco system to you these computers.......
  4. Caluser2000

Mac Pro 1,1 worth it?

I don't care! Neither are on in my use case and never have been. Hell I can even delete that software.
  5. Caluser2000

Mac Pro 1,1 worth it?

Something just doesn't compute. I'm getting as many 2009 upwards thick bodied x86 iMac all in one systems as I can because they are as cheap as chips an run modern Linux just fine...Retiring in October so these probably in use until I turn my toes up.
  6. Caluser2000

Mac Pro 1,1 worth it?

Have a look at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/INSTALLER.html
  7. Caluser2000

Windows 3.1 and TCP/IP over Ethernet

The MS Windows was sold in boxes when the update accured but not marked as so iirc. Or had a 3.11 plonked on the boxes. The start up logo was change on these iirc as well.
  8. Caluser2000

Introduction to my world

Welcome.
  9. Caluser2000

Windows 3.1 and TCP/IP over Ethernet

No just upgrade from version 3.1 to 3.11. It's just half a dozen or so core files. 3.1 can do 32-bit enhanced mode but needs help on the networking side. There is a Windows 3.1/3.11 Workgroups upgade to WfW 3.11
  10. Caluser2000

Hello World

Welcome. Yeah forum format beats FaceBook hands down. Don't forget to add your location as there may well be members close by. Discord has some great older computer related channels with some bridged to IRC channels.
  11. Caluser2000

Win98 on P4 systems: COM ports not working

I'm sure we have all spent a significant amount of time learning new stuff over the years ;)
  12. Caluser2000

A little discussion on modern shipping practices and trends...

US Govt protectionist policies has made US services to be prioritised over the likes of DHL increasing there prices over feright transport serviced based in other countries....
  13. Caluser2000

Asus eeePC 1000H on Intel Atom N270 ( i386 instruction set?): some questions

32-bit Linux Mint Dabian Edition 5 will run fine. Just max out the ram and use a lighter Desktop Enviroment/Window Manager
  14. Caluser2000

Earliest known copies of 86-DOS...

They don't or post stupid links to try and refute a members absolutely correct statement ;)
  15. Caluser2000

Repairing Small Broken Plastic Parts.

It is repaired and works Is great. I've done plastic welding on some parts. With a good sanding/filing and a lick of paint it is difficult to see a repair has been made.
  16. Caluser2000

I can have a part for my 1976 Honda CB550F Super Sport delivered to my home address here in New Zealand from the East Coast of the Continental US in less than a week non urgent. Urgent two days depending on what time of day I order it.
  17. Caluser2000

So you live in a remote location. Just suck it up and take it like a man then....Or get the Grizzly's to drop it off. ;)
  18. Caluser2000

Generally shipping labels, the computer generated ones, have the source and destination addresses on them. I was a dispatch manager for an aeronautical engineering company sending parts all over the planet in another life. You can get pads of shipping labels to either hand write or type in the...
  19. Caluser2000

14:03 / 16:50 The Rise of Unix. The Seeds of its Fall.

It just works on all my system old to new. So do all the init systems so I don't really care as long as a system works the way I want it to......
  20. Caluser2000

14:03 / 16:50 The Rise of Unix. The Seeds of its Fall.

WOW! That is damn impressive alright.
Back