• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Caluser2000

IBM PPC EServer running AIX.

I picked this from 100miles away on my '76 Honda CB550F Super Sport last wednesday.
  2. Caluser2000

386 and Linux

A couple of weeks ago I decided to give Linux a shot on my 386DX25 with 8megs of ram. I'd tried NEtBSD but dispite its claim to run on anything it was no go, nadda, cupput... It it was on my Compaq Presario 5522. Red Hat 6.0 and Slackware 3.5 installed just fin and dandy. 386 suppotr on Linux...
  3. Caluser2000

What do your happy places look like?

Here is one of mine
  4. Caluser2000

Another Ali iMac!

This was 150 NZ pesos
  5. Caluser2000

My Fugly Mouse.

Matches the keyboard I chose for my 2009 AIO iMac though I got for 140 NZ Pesos last week. ;)
  6. Caluser2000

Before and after.

Repainted the EXTRA Performance Series XT Turbo case.
  7. Caluser2000

Name Windows 3.1x application file names with 255 characters.

Got this yesterday. The first release of PCGeos/GeoWorks did this from the very start.
  8. Caluser2000

Nice wee haul-IBM, MS SCO and misc stuff.

Popped down to Wellington and picked up this lot. Well worth the 300km round trip on the motorcycle.
  9. Caluser2000

I have been well and truly NIXED!!

Got these today.
  10. Caluser2000

What happened to that "My GPU is Better than your GPU " thing?

As per title. It seemed to just vanish in to the ether.......;)
  11. Caluser2000

I Luv it ...

When grown men cry. I really do. And go on and on and about nothing really........ Very entertaining indeedy. ;)
  12. Caluser2000

Appian ISA VGA video cards P/N 10754-01

This morning I received two Appian ISA VGA video cards P/N 10754-01. Heir Google has nothing what so ever about these beuties. Help from fellow vcfed.org members would be greatly appreciated.
  13. Caluser2000

Another one saved from the garbage heap.

About four months ago I found this wee beauty on my evening walk. The power cable had been cut. This morning I grabbed a power cable from my electronic cast offs bin, fitted it then fired her. No pops or bang and perfect picture.
  14. Caluser2000

RIP P4 my old long time friend.

You have given great service over the years. I'm sure the HP Z230 Zeon system will do the same for years to come...
  15. Caluser2000

This lot came in today;)

See below.
  16. Caluser2000

Oh Nooooo!

A kernel update on my P4 3.5Ghz daily driver box. What should I do? Just wait the end of the day and shut the system down then turn it on in the morning with a fresh kernel and a cup of hot coffee;) I only reboot this system if there has been a Grub boot loader change or kernel update. Luv it! :)
  17. Caluser2000

Useful items of any type over 15 years old that you still using on a regular basis?

As the title states I'm interested in old shit over 15 years old vcfed.org members use on a regular basis. My list will be rather long so I'll take some time to complete. Fire away folks.;) Oh and I almost forgot pics of said items would be great don't ya know....
  18. Caluser2000

Extended LTS support for Debian Wheezy, Jessie and Stretch and Buster

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Extended Yippy yi ah! Aimed at bussinesses using these Distros I guess. Its great all the same. I just wonder if this is what prompted Consical to extened LTS variants of Ubuntu. Of course Ubuntus equivalent of Debian 8-Jessie does not support i586 cpus like Debian...
  19. Caluser2000

Found the price list of components I need to pay for my first a only new x86 I have ever owned.

Price list of components I need to pay for my first and only new x86 I have owned. It was upgraded up to a P133 over around a seven year perio with pre-loved components ;).
Back