• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Bruce Tomlin

Tandy 6000 binary-math Basic?

For what it's worth, what I'm really interested in is any 68000 version of MS-BASIC that I don't have. (I already have the Tandy 6000 decimal math, and the Macintosh versions). After finding a github stash full of IMD images, I'm not so sure that Tandy ever had the binary version. I'm kind of...
  2. Bruce Tomlin

Need some help from 6809 programmers at byte level

Having been there over 20 years ago, I can tell you that basically no "undocumented" 6809 instructions are useful. As mentioned above, there were some cases of redundant addressing modes that just took more clock cycles, but there are only two worthy of note. First is the TEST (aka HCF)...
  3. Bruce Tomlin

Help please identifying this 6809 Eurocard board.

I'll bet it's a MICROD CB-9201. https://manualzz.com/doc/9041785/microd-pcb--new-processor-card-cb9201-6
  4. Bruce Tomlin

I've been taking some time the past few days to write a parser for .IMD images*, and that is correct, 26-6105 appears to only contain Model II Basic. It is 26-6457 that contains the decimal math Model 16 Basic 1.02.00 (* I refuse to run DOS crap just to extract stuff from those, and .IMD seems...
  5. Bruce Tomlin

Need some help from 6809 programmers at byte level

Yes, it's all about whether it knows the value yet or not. If it doesn't know the value, it has to make room for the largest possible offset. Motorola had a syntax for you to override the size to short, use "<label,pcr" and the less-than character forces a short offset. This feature can be...
  6. Bruce Tomlin

Did you even understand my question? Microsoft created versions of MS-Basic where some used binary math routines, and some where they used BCD math routines. (For instance, the Model 100 is an 8080 version with BCD math routines, while most 8080 versions use binary math.) I am trying to put...
  7. Bruce Tomlin

So far I've only found one source of the Tandy 6000 Xenix Basic, and it uses BCD math. I know that the Macintosh version had both BCD and Binary versions, but unfortunately they were arranged differently enough that I can't just do a side-by-side comparison to find out what is different. Does...
  8. Bruce Tomlin

Memodyne M80 fix up

1488/1489 chips imply regular RS-232, should not be current loop
  9. Bruce Tomlin

Memodyne M80 fix up

That's why I'm big on interactive disassembly. Look at the data, try to figure out what it is, then mark it up in whatever format it should be. It helps to have a tool that will keep track of which addresses are used. Anyhow, a big problem I have with this is that if it really origins at 0000...
  10. Bruce Tomlin

Motorola Microsystems M68000 Design Module - MEX68KDM issue L 46 week 1979

I noticed that I had a document mentioning the Corvus Concept having a Macsbug 2.0, and it's here: https://bitsavers.org/pdf/corvus/Corvus_Concept/firmware/Macsbug_2.0/ I also found some Corvus ROMs of the 1.32 version, but those files were short dumps, with two and three bytes missing. But it...
  11. Bruce Tomlin

Yes, the vector addresses handwritten on page 28 are the same, so not much difference at all. And it's probably essentially the same hardware, so page 26 should be useful too. But page 24 is really useful for disassembling, as it documents the layout of the RAM area. Slight differences in code...
  12. Bruce Tomlin

The bytes I showed were after merging even with odd. It may be that the program I used to merge them added the extra data, because I started with 4 x 2K and somehow ended up with 2 x 8K. The program was just something I had hacked up two years ago, looks like it's time to see what I did wrong...
  13. Bruce Tomlin

Okay, I downloaded it and was able to figure out (with the help of a good photo of the board) that I needed to merge U72+U50 and U73+U51. Historic versions of Macsbug is one of my special interests (along with historic versions of MS-BASIC), so thanks, this is a good one. The part that confuses...
  14. Bruce Tomlin

Qume Terminal membrane keyboard repair

Wow that's small, even for 8048 code. They barely even used page 3.
  15. Bruce Tomlin

Magazine Opportunity!

Don't go to Texas then, no basements here either. Try the east coast.
  16. Bruce Tomlin

TRS-80 Trash Talk Live #38 is Saturday March 2nd at 9PM EST

One more thing mentioned was that the ROM for the Deluxe Color Computer has been posted on https://colorcomputerarchive.com/ and it's linked in their February updates list right on the main page. What, you hadn't heard of the Deluxe Color Computer? I hadn't either! I'm starting to look at it...
  17. Bruce Tomlin

TRS-80 Trash Talk Live #38 is Saturday March 2nd at 9PM EST

A few months ago I ripped the LOAD-80 tapes from that issue. Yes, there were TWO tapes, because there were so many programs in that issue! August 1982 LOAD-80 (on two tapes) This month had enough programs to fill two tapes. There are two programs that were not listed in the magazine as being...
  18. Bruce Tomlin

IMSAI 8048 Control Computer is mostly alive.

This page http://www.punsmann.de/retro/imsai-8048.html has it linked as a hex file http://www.punsmann.de/retro/files/imp48rev2.hex
  19. Bruce Tomlin

What is the best way to remove old floppy labels?

Try Goo Gone, that's what I use to clean up sticky labels. But if the stickum has already dried out, you are going to have trouble no matter what.
  20. Bruce Tomlin

Accessing BASIC ROM Calls From Assembly

You might get more insight to it by looking at some later genuine Microsoft source code. There shouldn't have been too many changes to the math code between the TRS-80 version and the CP/M 5.2 version. https://winworldpc.com/download/c2bfc380-c2b2-c2b4-7d00-11c3a7c29d25 Look for F4.MAC, and...
Back