• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

USB in a 486 PCI motherboard

I'm contemplating testing a 486 with a PCI USB card (OS will probably be 98SE). Anyone know anything more about weather this can work or not? Specifically anyone know what cards/chips can work in the old 486 PCI slots? I'd rather not buy a couple old USB cards only to find out later they don't...
  2. T

Searching Ebay...

and not finding anything -_- I have a question about Ebay that's been bugging me for a while now, but just a couple minutes ago I was simply stumped! I happened to check for P3 Tualatin cpu's on Ebay, finding many results. Several Pentium 3 Tualatins with the stepping SL6BY were found on a...
  3. T

The Intel/IBM ActionMedia 2 capture card

So I've had this impressive looking capture card for a number of years. I once got it at the HCC dagen (a computer market in the Netherlands) for free, still wrapped in it's antistatic shielding bag. I didn't know at the time what it was, only that it was the most impressive ISA expansion board...
  4. T

Wanted: ATX (Super) Socket 7 boards

I'm looking to buy a couple of these. I prefer boards that are capable of supporting the K6+'s but I'll take any socket 7 board provided it's a standard ATX one. Plz leave a message in this thread if you have one ;) Edit: Preferably from the EU as this would reduce shipping costs and thus the...
  5. T

Floppy drive mystery! What are all the different sensors for!

I read somewhere on these forums about floppy drive and the little sensor pins and it got me wondering... I had a look at some of the floppy drives in my stash and discovered that different floppy drives seem to have different placement of these pins. Some of them don't seem to make much sense...
  6. T

Unknown DEC motherboard + CPU. Anyone have any info about it?

I found this unknown motherboard, forgot that I had it. I tried finding information on the net but it's realy hard to find any info on it, let alone a manual. I do know it's probably made somewhere in 1994 and that the CPU is a 21066. Other then that , I don't know what speed the processor is...
  7. T

Wanted: Socket 3 CPU's, AMD 5x86 and Pentium Overdrive 83

I'm still looking for both these processors to play around with. Must be in working condition and no bend pins. I wouldn't mind minor scratching as I'm more a hardware user and not so much a collector. I'm looking to buy 1 or 2 of each If anyone here has any of these parts and are willing to...
  8. T

Gold vs tin simms and simm sockets

At some point I read that, before DIMM's became standard, SIMM's came in 2 different flavors, Tin and Gold, and that SIMM sockets also came in those 2 flavors and that mixing the 2 different flavors would result in oxidation onto the gold. At one point I went through my old stuff and I had...
  9. T

Hello all!

Been lurking these forums for over a year now, high time I registered! The short story about me: I like building computers, old and new. I don't like throwing away perfectly fine working older parts that are considered useless and I like finding a way to make them usefull...in some way :P Just...
Back