• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. glitch

IRC on Vintage Hardware

Chatzilla from Mozilla 1.7.19 on Windows 98SE: Machine is an IBM ThinkPad T22. I'd been setting it up to see if it would be any good for playing UT99...turns out, as it was then, so it is now :P
  2. glitch

IRC on Vintage Hardware

Quadra 700 running SSW 7 and MacIP, with MacX 1: This is the usual "xterm is running on another machine" trick. This Quadra has a Radius Pivot monochrome display, it's interesting to see some of the stuff in screenshots is still color!
  3. glitch

Looking for a transformer compatible with an Altair 8800b linear PSU

Yeah, but there was one on the primary side, too! Jon removed it and replaced with the proper Molex plug.
  4. glitch

Nice work! This one came from a really busted up Altair 8800B Turnkey that ended up being a parts unit -- no dress panel, no boards, major chassis damage, 3rd party backplane bolted to the bottom of the blue chassis half, backplate all cut up, etc. Can't save them all, but that's where the parts...
  5. glitch

XT-IDE rev 4B Prototypes Are In!

Yeah, there's a thing in the works. Only reason I'm doing this run as-is, I have a good stock of AT28C64Bs at the moment.
  6. glitch

Unpopulated S100 stuff at Anchor Electronics

Yeah Foone picked up a couple of blank CCS boards from there for me a while back. One was the 2718 I/O board, forget what the other was.
  7. glitch

Wrong side of the continent, unfortunately! I only see what they have on their site, and what folks occasionally email me about!
  8. glitch

Wild! Do they have any more? I bought one of the IO-3s at some point.
  9. glitch

I've got two options for you, an original 8800B transformer out of a beat up parts unit, and a third party that IIRC lines up with the mounting holes.
  10. glitch

I already drilled speed holes in it though!
  11. glitch

You never order 100x boards with selective hard gold plating without a prototype! Thanks! Thanks! It is where it is because then the silkscreen isn't broken by any vias, so it's going to stay there.
  12. glitch

Just a slight revision, doesn't warrant a major version bump. Biggest change is increasing the hole diameter for the option jumper headers. They're no longer press-fit, but a free fit like the 40-pin header. PCBcart apparently can't hold tolerances on the holes like they used to, and the last...
  13. glitch

Pegasus Data Systems Pegasus II

This is the Pegasus Data Systems Pegasus II: It's a big old S-100 turnkey box. I picked this one up from Doug Crawford in December 2019, fixed it in June 2020, and just now got around to writing it up: http://users.glitchwrks.com/~glitch/2023/02/25/pegasus-ii-repair I'd actually worked on...
  14. glitch

Cleaning and Testing DEC RL01 and RL02 Packs and Drives

Finally wrote up when RetroHacker_ and I got together, set up his PDP-11/23+, and cleaned a pile of packs and several RL drives: http://users.glitchwrks.com/~glitch/2023/02/23/pack-cleaning ...took nearly 10 years to get around to writing it up :P
  15. glitch

P&T Surplus in Kingston, NY

Totally worth it, it's a mix of all sorts of tech stuff, metals and plastics stock, vintage computer items, etc. Cruise on out I-84 and see :P
  16. glitch

Hopefully with more eyes on it, they can maybe see a pick-up in business. I get the distinct impression that Mr. Smythe keeps it running because it's what he wants to be doing!
  17. glitch

If you live in the Hudson Valley and haven't been to P&T Surplus, now is probably the time to go: https://www.dailyfreeman.com/2023/02/19/pt-surplus-in-kingston-struggles-as-owners-battle-illnesses-mounting-bills/ In addition to the huge variety of industrial surplus stuff, there's almost...
  18. glitch

1979 Miller Technology Z80 single board computer M-80

Excellent, thank you! I've been working on building a proper home for my M80, getting close to starting to actually wire the card edge sockets up.
  19. glitch

1979 Miller Technology Z80 single board computer M-80

Wow, nice! Did you end up getting permission to share?
Back