• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Inboard 386/PC 2mb expansion CLONE

That would be an effort of futility... you pretty much have to remove them to test them. Especially since the inboard uses these chips at the upper limit of their performance in many cases.
  2. C

There is nothing particularly crazy about fixing an inboard (correct me if I am wrong here but thats to the best of my knowledge) ... you just need to start replacing logic and reprogramming PAL/GAL chips with a known good CPU until it starts working again... or pull the chips and test etc...
  3. C

Zenith Z-171 Z-170 ZFL-171-42 : XT-CF card

I have a Nec V20 in mine and haven't had video errors I've played planet X3 on it a little. Another variation of DOS that might work well is Compaq DOS 3.31 which is what I am running (its a disk from my compaq portable II). It's supposed to support > 32MB partitions also. I'd acutally like...
  4. C

@stynx & @harrison.frazier can I get whatever files either of you have I'd like to give this a shot. Acutally I suspect orienting the ram 90s degrees would work better since each data line would be more equidistanct to the connectors although this may or may not be less convenient to route...
  5. C

Same here.. still interested and I have two inboards now.
  6. C

Compaq Portable + Compaq EGA

AD8055 should be connected as 1 = no care 2 = 6 3 = input 4 = ground 5 = no care 6 = output 7 = 5V supply 8 = no care It appears that the RGB signals from the feature connector go to a resistor, which then jumps to pin 1 on each trimmer, then the wipers are all connected together on one row...
  7. C

Compaq Portable Plus + Inboard386 + Lotech CF lite = no boot

So The bootrom does load so I do have a BIOS that can load roms... so that isn't it. The Inboard was in it when I got it and it requires a bootrom IIRC anyway...so yeah. The XTIDE Universal BIOS says... No master and no slave found. So it seems it can't see the card? I installed DOS to the CF...
  8. C

WTB Orchid Ramquest 8/16 and or Inboard piggyback boards.

I'll pay a fair price, there was another Ramquest 8/16 listed on here awhile back that was too pricey for me (then it was sold for below what I offered by the same guy last month and I missed it but such is life). Also interested in Intel Inboard memory expansions. Anyway... good things come to...
  9. C

IBM 5160 repair

So, my 5160 is dead... following this guide so far it seems pretty comprehensive. http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/5150_5160/MDC/minimum_diag_config.htm Got as far as testing the 12V+/- and found a short (my PSU fan runs btw). I snipped off the 12V caps with my hackkos but no dice. So dug a bit...
  10. C

Xircom Parallel port 10BT ethernet

Does anyone have one they want to part with for a reasonable price? Preferably a PE3-BT or BX or perhaps a PEM model (ethernet + modem)
  11. C

Replies to PMs invisible/not sent?

So, I write up a reply to a PM but after it is submitted it doesn't show up for me ANYWHERE.... I would expect it to show up under sent etc? This seems to have been this way for me for a long time... is this intentional?
  12. C

Thinkpad 750c no LCD ouput, 20288K OK on VGA... ideas?

I have a 750C a buddy of mine gave me years ago... after removing the NiCD pack it powers up and displays 20288K OK on the VGA port does similar if I remove the 16MB kingston ram card just drops the tested memory by 16MB. I also removed everything HD, FDD, Extra RAM and the battery... and it...
  13. C

WTB: AT&T 3b1 / PC7300/ UNIX PC

I'm just starting on my search for a 3b1... it strikes my curiosity just because it is a graphical Unix without X11 as well as I think it would be cool to network it with RetroBSD devices runing MGR client applicaitons. I imainge I could get MGR working on my Sparcstations as well and it might...
  14. C

Looking for an AT&T Unix PC/PC7300/3B1

I thought about getting a TRS-80... but just don't enough interest so!..... To scrach the portable itch (I was contemplating a TRS-80 4p...) I'm hoping to get a SX-64 which should be fun to hack on as well... and possibly an AT&T Unix PC because I know this... and that monochrome green and MFM...
  15. C

Wanted: sbus 24bit acellerated graphics

I have been hunting for a 24 bit graphics card to go in my sparcstation 10. Willing to pay shipping and maybe a bit more but about $40 is all I can get of my budget. Preferably: Fujitsu AG-10E (double width card) a ZX/TZX would be a last resort since its just too hot though I wouldn't mind...
Back