• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Compaq Portable Plus + Inboard386 + Lotech CF lite = no boot

So The bootrom does load so I do have a BIOS that can load roms... so that isn't it. The Inboard was in it when I got it and it requires a bootrom IIRC anyway...so yeah. The XTIDE Universal BIOS says... No master and no slave found. So it seems it can't see the card? I installed DOS to the CF...
  2. C

WTB Orchid Ramquest 8/16 and or Inboard piggyback boards.

I'll pay a fair price, there was another Ramquest 8/16 listed on here awhile back that was too pricey for me (then it was sold for below what I offered by the same guy last month and I missed it but such is life). Also interested in Intel Inboard memory expansions. Anyway... good things come to...
  3. C

IBM 5160 repair

So, my 5160 is dead... following this guide so far it seems pretty comprehensive. http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/5150_5160/MDC/minimum_diag_config.htm Got as far as testing the 12V+/- and found a short (my PSU fan runs btw). I snipped off the 12V caps with my hackkos but no dice. So dug a bit...
  4. C

Xircom Parallel port 10BT ethernet

Does anyone have one they want to part with for a reasonable price? Preferably a PE3-BT or BX or perhaps a PEM model (ethernet + modem)
  5. C

Replies to PMs invisible/not sent?

So, I write up a reply to a PM but after it is submitted it doesn't show up for me ANYWHERE.... I would expect it to show up under sent etc? This seems to have been this way for me for a long time... is this intentional?
  6. C

Thinkpad 750c no LCD ouput, 20288K OK on VGA... ideas?

I have a 750C a buddy of mine gave me years ago... after removing the NiCD pack it powers up and displays 20288K OK on the VGA port does similar if I remove the 16MB kingston ram card just drops the tested memory by 16MB. I also removed everything HD, FDD, Extra RAM and the battery... and it...
  7. C

WTB: AT&T 3b1 / PC7300/ UNIX PC

I'm just starting on my search for a 3b1... it strikes my curiosity just because it is a graphical Unix without X11 as well as I think it would be cool to network it with RetroBSD devices runing MGR client applicaitons. I imainge I could get MGR working on my Sparcstations as well and it might...
  8. C

Looking for an AT&T Unix PC/PC7300/3B1

I thought about getting a TRS-80... but just don't enough interest so!..... To scrach the portable itch (I was contemplating a TRS-80 4p...) I'm hoping to get a SX-64 which should be fun to hack on as well... and possibly an AT&T Unix PC because I know this... and that monochrome green and MFM...
  9. C

Wanted: sbus 24bit acellerated graphics

I have been hunting for a 24 bit graphics card to go in my sparcstation 10. Willing to pay shipping and maybe a bit more but about $40 is all I can get of my budget. Preferably: Fujitsu AG-10E (double width card) a ZX/TZX would be a last resort since its just too hot though I wouldn't mind...
Back