• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. gp2000

TRS-80 Model 4 Character Map

The one with Japanese kana was the original version and is identical to the Model III. I don't know at what point they switched to the "international" version. The dividing line may be pretty fuzzy. Might be that most 4P's have the international. At a fresh start in BASIC you can see which...
  2. gp2000

TRS-80 Model 1 - 16k Level 2 - Game Question

Will likely run fine on a Model III. The differences are small. The usual problem is the Model III not having arrow character glyphs in its font. Model 4 BASIC is quite different so not likely to work. But a Model 4 can boot a Model 3 DOS and be just as compatible. Or you can boot into...
  3. gp2000

TRS-80 Model 1 won't boot from disk

Here's TRSDOS 2.3 patched to work on a Japanese Model 1. Any luck dumping the diskette? It'd be great to have the real TRSDOS for it.
  4. gp2000

TRS-80 PT-210 Data Terminal - keyboard repair, ROM dump, RS-232 board reproduction ... ROM hacking?

The PT-210 is on my list of systems to add to the trs80gp emulator. I did a dump of the ROM some time back which matches yours exactly so that's nice to know. Haven't done much looking into it but did find the character set in the ROM at offset $620. Wrote a little program to dump it. A...
  5. gp2000

TRS 80 cassette recorder emulator idea

I've run into trouble with MP3 and other compressions before. As I recall MP3 encoded Model III (1500 baud) cassette audio wouldn't load but 500 baud Model I would. I think even as high as 192 kb/s. I had similar problems with putting cassette audio into a youtube video. I made some effort...
  6. gp2000

Have a scan of the Percom Electric Crayon EGOS manual and/or EGOS assembly listing?

A while back I transcribed the EGOS source so I could build a ROM for trs80gp's Electric Crayon emulation. Hopefully the attached file will save you some effort. http://48k.ca/trs80gp.html#ec
  7. gp2000

trsnic Is a TRS-80 Network Interface Card

I don't think so. It's become part of TRS-IO which has TRS-NIC functionality and a bunch of other stuff. https://github.com/apuder/TRS-IO
  8. gp2000

A special version of TRS-80 Model I Mainboard. Does anybody know this?

ROM B dump looks good. The original ROM patches seem to be mostly about some extra keyboard scanning and some fiddling with bit 7 and bit 4 of port $FF which normally have no function in the Model 1. A wild guess is that bit 7 of $FF controls which video page is mapped from $3C00 .. $3FFF. It...
  9. gp2000

A special version of TRS-80 Model I Mainboard. Does anybody know this?

I took a quick look at the ROMs. The IC6 ROM is mostly the same as a Radio Shack 1.3 ROM but there about 30 different bytes in the first $700 bytes. The custom roms look mostly like a BASIC program. This leads me to wildly speculate that the ROM has been patched to load up a BASIC program and...
  10. gp2000

text files written to xtar IMD not the same when extracted

The fixup program doesn't make any checks to confirm that the input file has variable length records in it. When you give it an ASCII text file it takes the first character of the file and uses that as the length of the record. In this particular case that is '0' which is code 48. You can see...
  11. gp2000

text files written to xtar IMD not the same when extracted

I can put good.txt into a floppy.imd archive and back out again correctly with xtar. When I use xtar on 7005012101.imd I find ACCTFILE.SL to be broken like bad.txt I don't know what went wrong when xtar created the 7005012101.imd archive. Could you upload the source directory and the exact...
  12. gp2000

EXPORT2 enhancement request

This looks to be a bug I introduced in the emulator when I made FreHD support act more like the real device. Which sounds kinda lame but it was fairly complicated what with keeping a shadow copy of the directory tree shared with the emulator so that consistent 8.3 short file names would be...
  13. gp2000

DO file execution error 24

Ah, what you need is CHR$(&HD0). This little program worked for me: 10 OPEN"O",1,"BCALL:1" 20 PRINT #1,CHR$(&HD0); 30 PRINT #1,"EXPORT2" 40 CLOSE #1 Once back in TRSDOS, DO BCALL ran as expected showing the usage message of EXPORT2.
  14. gp2000

Yes, that's what the C++ program is for. You'll note that those $07 characters are all followed by 6 character program lines and then another byte indicating the length of the next line. Of course, for longer lines the lengths get into the ASCII range so they don't pop out as much. For...
  15. gp2000

I believe I've fixed EXPORT2 so that it outputs variable length record files correctly. You'll still need to unpack the records into text file lines yourself but at least all the data will be there. Just use "EXPORT2 FILE/EXT" for variable length record ("V") files. For completeness I'll be...
  16. gp2000

I did write the Model 2 part of EXPORT2 and IMPORT2. In this particular case you don't want to use the -n option as it will cause problems. Not that it matters as it appears that EXPORT2 has some kind of bug when it comes to variable record length files. The first 256 bytes of the output file...
  17. gp2000

How can I read this file with BASIC?

Seems to be the same chapter I was looking at. I think direct and random access are the same thing; "D" and "R" modes seems to be the same. What I think you'll be able to do is pull in a 256 bytes of the file at a time into the buffer. Then using FIELD or something pull out the data in...
  18. gp2000

How can I read this file with BASIC?

The files on that disk use variable-length record format. Looks like BASIC won't open such files in sequential mode. I did a quick test and could open the file in direct-access "D" mode: 10 OPEN"D",1,"ACCTFILE/DS:1" The Model II BASIC manual will explain how to read data from the file in that...
  19. gp2000

Trs-80 Model 1 Checkers Game?

Level II BASIC won't load Level 1 BASIC programs. That's definitely the problem.
  20. gp2000

MODEL II BASIC ?BN ERROR

Using IMPORT2 -NE DIR.TXT DIR/TXT:1 works. BASIC requires a logical record length of 1 which the "E" option sets. There may be a way for BASIC to open files with different logical record lengths.
Back