• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

That would be great. I was thinking PD was also referring to that although it seemed rather specific unless it came wit ha PD drive.... If you have the full set of CorelSCSI package I would love to have a backup for historical reference purposes. TIA!
  2. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

As I mentioned in the OP I am using a 2740W so it is a concern in my use case scenario. Of course with others it may be different.
  3. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

This is where I found CorelSCSI. Not sure what PD is referring to though but it seems pretty complete.
  4. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

So I found a copy of these utilities and the tool is for window 3.1. Was there a pure DOS version as well?
  5. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Thanks will take a look.
  6. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Have you tried Adaptec's own site? Believe it or not the support pages are still up after multiple take overs. I am not sure if they have a BIOS for the 1540B. I will also check my own personal archive and see if I can find anything. Thanks for the tip. I will take a look at it and see what it...
  7. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Thanks. I had already checked out the LSI tools and except for their LLF program all the other tools either require a LSI controller to the LSI ASPI driver loaded (i.e. wouldn't work with the Adaptec ASPI driver).
  8. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

doshea, Thanks for the info. I will look at them but they may end up in the next iteration of the disk. I need to do some fine tuning on the current disk but when I do I will post it here for anyone else who may be interested or in need.
  9. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

o.k. so no other recs for a diagnostic and/or informational utility or other useful programs to put on a DOS boot disk, to test SCSI HDDs and get info on attached SCSI devices, under DOS using ASPI on an Adaptec adapter? I am kind of surprised given the widespread use of SCSI in the late 80s to...
  10. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Are you talking about ASPICAM.SYS? Isn't the point of that to have ASPI compliant SW talk to CAM HW? I would think I would need a CAM to ASPI shim (i.e. allowing SW expecting CAM to talk to ASPI) Again, I a musing pure DOS 6.22 on an Adaptec EISA controller with bog standard Adaptec drivers...
  11. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Chuck, I am using an Adaptec controller so ASPI all the way. I guess the caveat would be that I would need tools that work with ASPI or need a CAM to ASPI shim. I recall you had previously said you had written a tool but used CAM. Did you ever find it? Thanks.
  12. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Thanks and yes I am staying on DOS. Basically, I am running these on a 486 w/ an EISA Adaptec SCSI Controller. I have a cable for 68pin and 50pin connections. So when I get a HDD I am connecting, powering up, and go. While there maybe an old enough Linux system that would run on it and Win95...
  13. S

Western Europe [FS] PC Weasel 2000 ISA MDA to VT100/ANSI serial terminal

I have a few of these (both ISA and PCI version which emulates VGA). Cool little boards. Thanks for uploading the ISA version of the manual (the PCI version is available incthe wild).
  14. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

In what way? I don't need access to the drives per se as much as I need to be able to run diagnostics. SCSI by its nature is supposed to be pretty universal. i.e. I should be able to access any scsi compliant drive through the ASPI layer. I am more interested in utilities that diagnose or...
  15. S

Looking for CompuShow 9.04b

I have tried reaching out multiple times to see if I can register and the author has never responded. If you get in touch or find a way to register update us!
  16. S

SCSI Utilities/Tool Kit

Hello All, I am trying to setup my own personal SCSI diagnostic/management boot disk and/or CD and wanted to get suggestion of utilities to include. At this point things are pretty threadbare. I have the following included on the disk: DOS 6.22 (Booot, fdisk, format) Adaptec EZ-SCSI 5 (for...
  17. S

Way OT: Routers and Switches

Thanks. That is essentially what I was asking. Given what you are saying there doesn't seem to be any need for a router with 100Gbps ports. As long as everything is connected to the switches you just need one connection to the router and you are golden.
  18. S

Does updating the XP root certificates help? Why would and old wifi router work? If the SSL certifcates are expired wouldn't the old router also reject them?
  19. S

I am being a bit facetious but my older house has plaster walls (not drywall). So there is a chicken wire mesh through out the walls causing issues with reception.
Back