• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Trying to understand IBM PC/AT 80286 8-bit bus access

Well, in fact it is a IBM 5162 XT/286 motherboard what I have right here, but it is the same for the purpose. I'm trying to understand "the magic" that makes 8 bit cards work in this 80286 motherboard. How is a 16 bit access cycle splitted into two 8 bit cycles? I can't find any reference in the...
  2. N

IBM PS/1 PRO Model 2123 and PS/2 Model 25SX planars

Does anybody know if these two computers share the same planar? I think both have the same chipset as the PS/1 model 2121, including the integrated video controller of the SVGA/A adapter. Partial photo of the PS/1 board: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/z/dqkAAOSw~bFWQdai/$_57.JPG...
  3. N

Wanted IBM PS/1 2121 planar

I'm looking for a IBM PS/1 2121 model motherboard. I'm located in Spain.
  4. N

IBM DRAM datasheet or pinout

I'm looking for the datasheet of these IBM DRAM ICs. They sum 2 MByte onboard ram in a 386sx motherboard, so I think they are 1Mx4bit Any tip or info would be good! Thank you.
  5. N

286 Protected mode and Keyboard

I was running Checkit 3.0 System Board tests in my IBM PS/1 model 2011 (286 @ 10 MHz) and I noticed that the system made three beeps while doing "CPU Protected Mode" test. The test passed, but after finishing the remaining tests the keyboard seems to be locked. I read somewhere that the 286...
  6. N

winsock library for Windows 3.0?

I'm trying to connect a Windows 3.0 environment to internet. I have tried with Trumpet Winsock 1.0 and 3.0 but it seems that only work correctly on Windows 3.1 and 3.11. Is there any winsock implementation for Windows 3.0?
  7. N

AT/XT Autoswitch keyboards

I recived today a Philips P2814 keyboard that seems to support both XT and AT protocols (it has the standard AT layout but no XT/AT switch). I plugged it to my IBM 5160XT and it works like a charm, but I can't get it working in a generic Turbo XT clone. I tried some time ago an IBM Model M...
  8. N

WTB: ISA Memory expansion card

I'm looking for a ISA 16 bit memory upgrade board for a 286. Features like LIM EMS 4.0 support, use of SIMMS instead of DIP RAM ICs, or short PCB length will be valued positively.
  9. N

Half height drives in IBM PC/XT 5160

Browsing the net I have seen some 5160 computers with two half height floppy drives instead of a full height one. This, for example. I tried to put two half drives in my 5160 but I found that there are no screw holes for the upper half height drive. I would prefer not to drill the case, is...
  10. N

Wanted IBM 486SLC upgrade module

I'm looking for a IBM 486SLC /2 /3 upgrade module (I think they were for PS/2 machines). Or maybe a 486SLC motherboard will be OK.
  11. N

IBM PC destroying floppy disks

This is the second time that my IBM PC 5150 does this : The drives are the standard Tandon DSDD 360k: Is this a standard ageing problem?
  12. N

VGA Monitor with odd sync problem

Today my backup PS/1 monitor has started to fail. All video modes except 640x480 have a sync problem that makes the monitor unusable. But in 640x480 the image is sharp, clean and free of any sync problems. I'm totally lost, if the VGA cord was in bad state the sync problem would affect all video...
  13. N

Future Domain SCSI-2 boot problem

I have installed a Future Domain SCSI-2 microchannel controller in a PS/2 model 80 (20 MHz planar). I would like to boot the system using an internal ZIP 100 SCSI drive, is that possible? If I load the FD drivers and launch guest, the drive works correctly so there are no connection problems...
  14. N

Looking for a BIOS image for this 386SX motherboard

I have received this motherboard: It is a 386sx-25 with the Headland HT18 chipset, but the BIOS ICs have been removed (and lost). The keyboard controller is missing. Anyone has a BIOS dump of this board? Thank you.
  15. N

WTB: ISA riser for a IBM PS/1 2011 or 2121 model

I'm looking for a ISA riser card for a IBM PS/1 model 2011 or 2121. Most 2121 came with it, but it was part of an upgrade in the 2011 model.
  16. N

CGA Monitor: image shakes

I have a Intra 14HP33T monochrome CGA monitor (white phosphor rebranded as Inves ) that has some problems. At power up, the image shows clear and crisp. Some minutes later, it starts to appear some kind of light noise or interference in the lighted zones, and minutes after the entire image...
  17. N

Paradise CGA with only one color palette

I have got a Paradise Modular Graphics Card that seems to be damaged, or maybe it was not 100% CGA compatible. In text mode, all 16 colors are showed correctly. But in graphics mode, it always use the same palette (black, white, red and cyan) Here are some examples: Click to enlarge Click...
  18. N

MCGA Monitor

Hi, I recently acquired a PS/2 Model 30 (8086 variant) with MCGA Graphics. It has a standard VGA connector but I found something strange: It has an autosensing or monitor detection that is incompatible with mi cheapo-chinese KVM Switch making the monitor to show a Frequency Overrange message. If...
  19. N

How can I diagnose the keyboard port of a XT Clone board?

I have a bondwell BW38 motherboard that always shows a "KEYBOARD ERROR. PRESS F1" message in bios, no matter if the keyboard is plugged or not. I can see a 74LS322 next to the 8255 so I assume it uses an XT keyboard. How can I find where is the damaged component?
  20. N

DIP Switches settings for Bondwell BW38 motherboard

I have a 8088 motherboard with floppy drive, serial and paralell ports integrated and maybe clock (it has a battery). I can read the text BONDWELL BW 38 VER 1.3 but I couldn't find any reference. It has 10 DIP switches in the back. Anyone knows what settings are controled by them? I can't get...
Back