• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Non-maskable interrupt support on Slot 1/Socket 370 boards

I see some folks are posting Pentium II questions, so I hope this doesn't stray too far from "vintage"... I've been trying to get a Windows 98/MS-DOS all-in-one retro box going, mostly because I want AWE32/64 music and DOSBox/PCem support for that is somewhat spotty. I have a Celeron 300A and...
  2. R

AT&T 6386/SX WGS displaying only monochrome VGA

After years of searching (I joined this board when I started!) I've finally found the machine I used when I was a kid: the 'AT&T 6386/SX WGS', presumably an Olivetti-rebrand by AT&T as they were doing at the time. I bought this machine off of eBay and it's in fairly decent condition. Paint on...
  3. R

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback drivers, can't find!

I'm trying to hook up a Microsoft Force Feedback Wheel/Pedal combo to an older WinME system and the wheel, surprisingly, seems to work fine, if a bit noisily. But the CD that was shipped with the wheel arrived in many pieces and I cannot find any place to download drivers, especially ones old...
  4. R

Can someone identify NEC's proprietary ISA slot?

I've got a NEC Powermate SX board inside a NEC Powermate 1 case (works great!) and the Powermate SX has a curious "extended" ISA slot that I can't seem to find much information about. I gather it's for a proprietary memory card, but I can't seem to find any information as to what I might start...
  5. R

NEC Powermate SX stuck at 8Mhz with a 386SX-16

I've come into possession of a NEC Powermate SX (not the Plus version) which is described as a "8/16Mhz" system. It has a 16Mhz 386SX on a little expansion card that plugs into the motherboard, along with a socket for a 387. However I cannot get the chip to rate past 8Mhz. All the documentation...
  6. R

NEC APC IV Powermate 1, question about CPU speed

A friend's attic-cleaning resulted in my receiving a NEC Powermate 1 in really good shape. I do have one question about it that I'm hoping someone has an answer to: The front panel of the machine has three LEDs, one for Power, one for disk activity, and one labeled '10Mhz', which I can only...
  7. R

80387SX for a 16Mhz IBM

I'm looking for a 387SX to cure my 'empty socket' allergy I seem to be inflicted with. I've found one on Amazon for $16 from China, but the shipping duration is being quoted for nearly a month in transit. eBay, as usual, has a few of them, all overpriced in my opinion, the cheapest is an Intel...
  8. R

Value of a large collection of NES cartridges?

I've got 312 NES cartridges that I'm trying to sell as a whole, but I'm having difficulty in finding any information as to what would constitute a fair price for them. My first thought was to ask at the Chase the Chuck Wagon video game auction site, only to find that it is now completely gone...
  9. R

Mine: 100MHz Pentium on eBay

I'm trying to sell my 100MHz Pentium system on eBay, if anyone is interested. I'll copy and paste the system specifications here: The system contains the following hardware: 100MHz Pentium-S CPU 16MB of memory 2GB CompactFlash card as hard drive via an CompactFlash->IDE adapter plugged into the...
  10. R

IDE Male to Female adapter

I've got a CF adapter with a male IDE port, obviously designed to be plugged in along the cable. However, the case I have barely has room for an IDE cable (IBM Model 25SX), so I've been looking at possibly getting a 512MB DOM to plug directly into the motherboard, but that still means getting a...
  11. R

Gravis Ultrasound ACE?

I've been trying to locate a Gravis UltraSound ACE card without any luck to go alongside a SB16. eBay hasn't been very helpful, though there are a good number of (expensive!) Gravis UltraSound Classic cards available from Hungary and one reasonably priced ($35) from Massachusetts. I'd rather...
  12. R

AT desktop computer case, preferably with LCD display

I bought a cheap AT Pentium computer on eBay and predictably the case arrived in a sort of rhombus shape courtesy of USPS's gentle handling and the seller's overconfidence in packing peanuts. It is completely destroyed, though the computer still works. Does anyone have an AT desktop case they...
  13. R

Wanted: 10mHz 80287XL

Anyone have a 10mHz 80287XL they would be willing to sell? I bought a 10mHz 80287 on eBay, but the seller claimed that he never received my initial purchase order and hadn't shipped after three weeks. He graciously refunded my money, but I'm thinking my luck might be better here. I'd like a...
  14. R

Wanted: Modified DS1287 chip

So the DS1287 chip in my IBM Model 30-286 board is predictably dead. I bought a replacement DS1287 on eBay, which turned out to actually be a DS12887. It fared no better, the time and date still is lost upon reboot or power-off. Is anyone selling DS1287's with the coin-cell modification or be...
  15. R

Memory for a PS/2, either 25-286 or 30-286 system

I've got a Model 30-286 motherboard with 1MB of total memory on it. I've been trying to find memory enough to expand it to the maximum of 4MB, but everything I've found points to the 30pin SIMM memory being proprietary to the system in some way. Would anyone have any memory (2MB or more) for...
  16. R

Model 30-286 motherboard in a Model 25 case?

I came across an auction for a Model 30-286, it seems the same as a diagram I found for the Model 25-286 board and I was toying with the idea of swapping out my Model 25 8086 board for it. In the interest of cost, I assume IBM manufactured only one type of Model 25/30-286 board and simply dumped...
  17. R

IBM Model 25-286, anyone?

I have the color, 8086 Model 25 now and have a strange fixation to get the 286 version as well. They seem more difficult to find though. If anyone is willing to sell one or point me to where I could find one, I would greatly appreciate it. I am also well aware of the exorbitant shipping charges...
  18. R

Trantor T100, IBM Model 25, and hard drive support question

So I've been trying for quite some time to get a large amount of storage available to an IBM Model 25 running IBM DOS 5.0. The palmzip software works great with my Parallel zipDrive, giving me a quasi-hard drive of 100MB. However, doing a directory list against the 100MB floppy results in a 15...
  19. R

Looking for AT&T (or compatible) 5.25" drive rails (picture included)

I have a 6386/25 that I am trying to install a hard drive into. Unfortunately, the drive racks are non-standard (love that) and require rails instead of screws. The 3.5 floppy drive has them and I've taken a picture of one in an effort to find the right rails. They are very simple, relying on...
  20. R

AT&T VDC600 VGA card displays unusual palette

I have an AT&T VDC600 VGA card in a 386 system and I can't get it to display colors properly. The card has a bank of five DIP switches, with no information on what any of them do, though I have figured that the first switch must be a mono/color switch, for my monitor displays "Out of Sync" when...
Back