• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

be heading for

Very little conversation anyway. Mostly one-sided: Dugger made an occasional nike air force 1 shoes comment while Black Suit chomped his gum and played Sphinx. I stuck with them on their rapid march to the parking lot, was two minutes behind the Volvo as it left the airport. ugg boots Back...
  2. S

apricot pie I baked from

As he reached for his cell phone, the house's louis vuitton bags front door opened a crack, then wider as Tish Teague stepped out into the dirt, holding the hand of a brown-haired girl louis vuitton jeans around five years old. The child's eyes were open, but she looked sleepy. The second...
  3. S

from the bed,

He vaulted up the stairs, and I followed. When I was halfway up, I heard the whimpering. Abbot sat propped in bed, cushioned ugg store by a blue velvet bed husband, hairless skull reflecting light from an overhead chandelier, slack lips shellacked with drool. The room was huge, stale...
  4. S

then slipping it into

Like you'd hit a nerve," I said. "Exactly. She gave me the off look and ugg metallic said, 'Mindy, I would never date anyone my age. Give me an older guy any time, 'cause they know how to treat a woman.' And that's when it hit me: the way she was dressed. Sheepskin Boots A suit—all that...
  5. S

subject who resented

It's a cliche," said Dugger. "The stuff of bad movies." "Doesn't make it any less real when it happens though, does it, sir?" "I suppose not— Do you really think that's what happened to Lauren? Some psychopathic creep?" Dugger's voice had risen, and he was standing taller. Assertive...
  6. S

1995 (div.) children

His attention was elsewhere. He held two children in his lap— a plump-looking baby not more than a few months old and a two-year-old boy with a chubby face surrounded by cloud puffs of vanilla ringlets. No lounging duds for Dad—he wore a dark suit, white shirt, dark tie. The toupee was gone...
  7. S

teens. Stripping

Maybe because it fit my own premonitions. Shawna's venture into the skin trade firmed ugg ultra the linkage between her and Lauren. So did the fact that both girls had studied psychology, talked about becoming doctors. Grown up deprived in the Daddy department—in Shawna's case literal...
  8. S

ex-wife?" I said.

He turned right on Wilshire, cruised past the Third Street Promenade, glanced at shoppers strolling, panhandlers trolling. "What about his ex-wife?" I said. "If anyone's gonna debeatify him, who new balance 577 better?" He smiled. "You want to knock him off his pedestal." "Maybe I do," I...
Back