• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Minimum TSR size in various DOS versions?

I'm writing a fairly small TSR and in my limited testing (so far only under NTVDM in Windows 7 and under DOS 6.22 running in Bochs) I'm having problems due to the resident size being too small. According to RBIL the minimum is 11h paragraphs in DOS 2.x and 06h paragraphs in DOS 3.0+. However...
  2. K

How to desolder DRAMs from a large PCB?

I was "dumpster diving" in the e-waste bin at work some time ago and I found a large board made by ABB (in -94 judging by the date codes on various components). The board itself is not that interesting to me but it's got quite a few 1 MBIT DRAM chips that I think would be nice to salvage. Today...
  3. K

Anyone in need of server RAM?

I have the following; 6 x 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L-10600R-9-12-E2 HMT42GR7AFR4A-H9 T8 AD 6 x 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L-10600R-09-11-E2-D3 M393B2G70BH0-YH9Q8 11 x 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R-09-10-E1-P1 M393B1K70CH0-CH9Q5 1 x 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R-09-11-E2-P2 M393B1K70DH0-CH9Q9 6 x 4GB 2Rx4...
  4. K

The best way to identify the Olivetti M24 and its derivatives?

How can I differentiate the Olivetti M24, AT&T PC 6300, Xerox 6060 and the Logabax Persona 1600 from all other systems? Recently I got the idea to improve the Auto Configure option in XTIDECFG so that when it finds a Lo-tech XT-CF class controller it should select the most compatible, but also...
  5. K

[DOS] How can I intercept "Insert disk in drive x: and press any key to continue"?

[DOS] How can I intercept "Insert disk in drive x: and press any key to continue"? On a single floppy drive system, A: and B: both point to the same physical floppy drive. So, for example, when the current drive is A: and you change to drive B:, DOS will print "Insert a disk in drive B: and...
  6. K

Google Code shutting down (for reals)

Yeah, this is a continuation of the earlier thread. I just wanted to give people a heads-up because, as I understand it, it's just a matter of days now; Oh Really? The quote is from here (under "How long will the data remain available?"). Just below that you can read this; This is not only...
  7. K

WTB: Cache card for the "ICL ErgoPRO C4/66d V"

As the title says. To clarify it's the card that goes in connector CN9 on this motherboard. Thanks!
  8. K

Looking for the IIT Advanced Math CoProcessor Start-up Disk!

I bought an IIT 2C87 on ebay (NIB) a while ago but the included floppy disk is of the 5.25" type and I don't have any drives that can read it. I don't want to buy a floppy drive just to read one disk so I'd be very grateful if anyone has this disk and would be willing to send the software (I've...
  9. K

Wangboot

If you have an AT class computer with an onboard battery that is dead or about to die and no way to replace it, then this might be something for you. It's a simple boot sector program I made for my Wang Microsystems PC 250/16. I believe it should work on any AT computer but I haven't tried it on...
Back