• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

ThinkPad 850 *latest* BIOS needed

I would like to have a copy of the latest thinkpad 850 BIOS so I can update mine. Thanks. The copy of AIX that is installed on it is password protected, but I think I'll put Solaris on it so I won't bother asking for the nonexistent-on-the-entire-internet-which-nobody-here-has-anyways AIX 4...
  2. E

Looking for PS/2 Model 80 floppy drive w/ caddy and a spare RAM module

If anyone has a model 80 1.44 FDD with the sled and card edge connector (old style with the LED above the drive), and/or a spare one of those RAM modules let me know. Willing to pay a fair bit but not something stupid, of course. Thank you--
  3. E

adlib gold surround module schematic (request)

Hello, Can any owners of the Adlib Gold surround module take some high detailed photos of the front and back. I would like to see if I can build myself a module for mine. Thanks,
  4. E

Running an AS/400e 9046-170 with 3dfx PCI video

So I recently ordered some parts to get a perfect cosmetic AS/400e (system type 9046). It's the 170 variant. The base system is still in the mail. I don't believe it has a tape drive, but I don't care anyways because I wouldn't have tapes for it. That will be an issue if I need to do a backup of...
  5. E

WTB: 4869-001 (5.25 360K external IBM drive)

Anyone have a 4869-001 5.25 external IBM FDD for sale? 360K variant.
  6. E

Converting RS/6000 Ultimedia Audio (7-6) for PS/2?

What exactly causes the incompatibility between a microchannel RS/6000 and a PS/2 regarding the Ultimedia Audio Adapter 7-6. http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/RS6000/rs6000_7-6.html Would that be different logic? I quite like the layout and design of those cards, plus they tend to be cheaper. If...
  7. E

Lotus 1-2-3 release 2.2 diskette images

Recently I found a set of lotus 1-2-3 release 2.2 in my diskette box (the diskettes had labels put on top of them which came off without issue). They were formatted over with other things. Does anyone know where I could get the original images to put back on the diskettes? Thanks,
  8. E

IBM PS/2 9595 with Roland MPU-IMC (mega awesome super IBM)

I finally got the 9595 after being proxyed over (it had to hop around the states a bit). I'm shocked at the condition... it looks brand new, and there wasn't even any dust inside (fans are all clean). After cleaning the front panel thoroughly, it shines like a fresh Model M. --> I got this 9595...
  9. E

piano roll / midi editors for windows 9x?

Anyone know of some good midi editors w/ piano rolls for windows 9x? Wanted to see if I could start using the old comps for some tracking.
  10. E

WTB: Model M 101 (industrial grey)

Looking for an industral grey model M, 101, black badge: Offering to pay quite well for it. Thanks.
  11. E

Farewell System x

As many probably already know, IBM sold their last x86 division (System x) to lenovo. I just hope IBM doesn't sell System p. RIP System x.
  12. E

Six ThinkPad 701C "netbooks"

A very gracious fellow sold me six ThinkPad 701C netbooks (they are all 75 Mhz 486ers): I've waited for a good handful of years to get one. Sometimes you have to wait for the right moment. I'm presently documenting all of the hardware: and I also got resource CDs and the diskettes. I plan to...
  13. E

WTB: IBM IntelliStation POWER 185

If anyone has an IntelliStation POWER 185 they would be willing to part with, let me know. --> I'm willing to offer some serious cash for one. Alternatively, if anyone knows of a Canadian vendor for a unit that works too. Cheers.
  14. E

2.88 floppy diskette experiments?

So I found some cheap NIB 2.88 MB diskettes. I was wondering if I could make a "refnostic" diskette (containing both the reference diskette and diagnostic diskette images on one 2.88). I'm assuming that it's most likely not possible? Unless it could be formatted with two 1.44 partitions.
  15. E

PS/2 model 95 "SCA68" on corvette SCSI cards (need some help)

Hello folks, I need some help. It looks like the PS/2 corvette cards (click here for picture) use a [large] SCA68 connector internally on the board. Is the only way seriously buying the IBM FRU 92F0327 cable? --> the entire internet doesn't have a picture of the 92F0327 cables, but I am...
  16. E

WTB: Type 4 Complex (PS/2 9595)

The vendor for the type 4 pentium complex I found never fell through. If anyone has a type 4 complex let me know. Thanks,
  17. E

EtherJet ISA 16-bit on a PS/2 model 25?

Hey Folks, I was just curious if a 16-bit IBM EtherJet card would work in a PS/2 model 25 (which is only 8-bit ISA of course): I guess I could always try it out, but the model 25 is stowed away until I get room to set it up. Also awaiting a SB 2.0 for it :) -- found a cheap one for $40.
  18. E

Building an MCA sound card from scratch

So on the quest to buy an MCA sound card, I thought it would be cool to brainstorm a few ideas on building an MCA sound card from scratch. My method for getting an interface would be to take an existing MCA card, desolder all of the components (or remove the majority of the card leaving only...
  19. E

Looking for an MCA Sound Card

I require an MCA sound card, if anyone has one *cough* --> It can't be an M-Audio or soundblaster one. The M-Audio ones are rubbish, and the MCA soundblasters won't operate properly on a pentium 1 at 180 Mhz.
  20. E

IBM 5160 for sale

Hey folks, I honestly never use my 5160 (as I have the 5150)-- and because I want to slim down on IBMs, guess it's time to sell it. It's in decent cosmetic condition, all four original cork pads are present. There's no rust or anything. The top of the case has a few scant scratches and...
Back