• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Yamaha COMPOSE 1.00. Heard of it? Me neither.

Reasonably recently, I acquired an IBM Portable (1984) from a friend of my mother's. On its hard drive (40 MB :)) I found a program called Yamaha COMPOSE. It functions, unsurprisingly, as a music composition tool; the screen consists mainly of music staves and some info at the bottom, including...
  2. M

Odd PowerBook G3 problem

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but... I have a powerbook g3 (wallstreet, 292MHz) that I cannot install Mac OS 8.1 on. 9.x works fine, but I need 8.1 to run certain apps that annoyingly don't run in 9.x. The other solution is to install OS X and use virtualisation...
  3. M

System 7.5.3/7.5.5 and VM

I can't seem to change the virtual memory settings (or even enable virtual memory) in system 7.5.3 or system 7.5.5. The memory control panel has only disk cache settings, and the version number it displays is 7.5.5 in either version of system software. The computer is equivalent to a mac plus...
  4. M

Basilisk II for pocket PC...

I don't think anyone has made a port of basilisk for pocket PC, and I have no idea where to start. I use vMac for my pocket mac emulation purposes at the moment, but it's not colour, and input is very dodgy. Runs nice and fast though. For those of you who don't know, Basilisk is a very good...
  5. M

DOS Internet... Kickass!

I've been looking at stuff to get old 3 and 486en on the net for a while now. So far I think the best options for getting IBM-Compatibles online are as follows: 1- A full version of QNX (*nix-based, not free) 2- Lynx for DOS or Bobcat (text-only) www.fdisk.com/doslynx 3- Arachne (Nice...
  6. M

QNX demo disk w/ internet. Wow.

Wow. That was really cool. I've been fiddling around with my 386/20 IBM laptop, trying to get it to use the internet (it has no hard drive, and only 6 MB of ram). I'd been trying to run arachne 1.9 and LSPPP, but something just wasn't working. Then the mime config file broke, so I abandoned that...
  7. M

Palmtops/subnotebooks?

Hi all. Recently, I've been looking for a new computer to replace the failing shared laptop that I use. The problems with the shared laptop include: - Windows (XP) is broken. There are no icons on the desktop (and I can't put new ones there) and there is no taskbar. - The graphics card...
  8. M

Yay!!1 New computer!

I just recently received my new (I think that definition may be a little skewed) Compaq portable III ! It works fine, HDD all good, but I don't have a working 5 1/4 inch floppy drive. This is a serious problem for data transfer. It's also been used in engine management, so the keyboard is a...
Back