• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. oblivion

Southwest Wanted IBM M122 keyboard 5 pin Din to IBM XT converter

I've started the process of restoring and upgrading my IBM XT. At the same time, I recently came across my IBM M122 keyboard with the 5-pin DIN connector. I know these keyboards were meant for terminals and use a different SET than the XT but I've read that converters were made to make them work...
  2. oblivion

PCjr memory question

Several sources I read and videos I watched where they obviously were running more than 128k of memory completely omitted any mention of having to run any TSR so I wasn't sure If maybe there were some versions of DOS where it wasn't needed or some other trick. Anyway, I got it running now...
  3. oblivion

PCjr memory question

Finally decided to mess around with my pcjr and have a question about memory. It currently has a modified side card and on POST it counts up to 640k. In DOS 3.2 it only seems to see 128k. I've found conflicting information on if you need to run a TSR for DOS to see the extra memory, can anyone...
  4. oblivion

Southwest FS: Macintosh 9600/200 & Tandy 1000EX

Tandy 1000 EX has been SOLD, Macintosh 9600 is still available.
  5. oblivion

Southwest FS: Macintosh 9600/200 & Tandy 1000EX

First up is a Macintosh 9600/200. working and in cosmetically decent condition with a few scuffs and scratches but not too much yellowing. has 6 PCI slots making it the most expandable classic Mac. I had it running fine with OS 8 but I did remove the hard drive so you're getting just the...
  6. oblivion

standard and fast ram on apple IIgs?

On my Apple IIgs motherboard, there are 3 separate areas with RAM on the motherboard. One is labeled sound which I'm assuming is for the sound but the other two are labeled standard and fast. What's the difference? I think one must be system memory and the other is ROM? If so which is which...
  7. oblivion

IBM PS/2 Model 25 blurry screen

I just picked up an IBM model 25 8086 color all-in-one PC but unfortunately, after getting it home the image is blurry almost beyond being able to read it. The seller did claim to test it and even take pictures just a few weeks ago and the image looked very sharp so I'm not sure what happened...
  8. oblivion

Other US Areas IBM 5170 PC 2 Floppy Drives,

I'd say no, I mean unless there are some really special expansion cards installed that we can't see. That same setup seems to go for $700 or less on eBay, at least from a very quick glance.......and eBay is the standard for high prices.
  9. oblivion

NCR 286 gives 5 beep code

Well, I received the diagnostic ROMs and I'm happy to report they seem to work. looks like it fails at "protected mode CPU". the manual suggests swapping out the CPU if this happens. I tried this again with a known good CPU and I got the same error. I tried cleaning the connectors and socket as...
  10. oblivion

Southwest need a LandMark diagnostic ROM burned

That's all I need. Thank you, that would be super helpful. I'll let you know if ldkraemer doesn't have any on hand.
  11. oblivion

I do not. I'll look at acquiring a few if you don't find any. thanks for the reply.
  12. oblivion

I have an NCR 286 PC that is having issues and refuses to POST. it was suggested that I try installing a ROM with the Landmark diagnostic utility to help with troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to burn a ROM so I'm looking to see if anyone can offer this service. Of course, I can...
  13. oblivion

Thanks for making me aware of this diagnostic ROM, I'll ask around as you suggested and hopefully, I can get ahold of one. may come in handy in the future as well. I do have an IBM CGA card so hopefully that will work with the ROM. One more question, there seem to be two ROMs a "high" and...
  14. oblivion

Unfortunately, I do not. I did do a quick look on eBay and found someone in Poland selling a pre-flashed ROM but it looks like it's the one for XT class machines.
  15. oblivion

I recently picked up an NCR 286. It's virtually identical to the one in this VWestlife video The only difference is mine has a header for an external battery and the case badge is different. Unfortunately when mine powers on I get 5 short beeps and then nothing. I tried looking up the code but...
  16. oblivion

Southwest WTB: Radius SVGA Multiview video card (ISA)

Unfortunately, he moved a few states away recently and I haven't talked to him lately. thanks for the reply though.
  17. oblivion

Texas PowerMac G5 Partout

what video card is in there?
  18. oblivion

Midwest US only - Lots of hardware and a couple of systems for sale - Price range from $50-$150 local or shipped

I suppose I technically have dibs on it still, but again, not holding out hope. He hasn't responded since Oct 13th. said he was going to test the card and get back to me in a PM but nothing.
  19. oblivion

Midwest US only - Lots of hardware and a couple of systems for sale - Price range from $50-$150 local or shipped

I inquired about the Geforce 256 and if it was available and I got a "yes" reply PM from him the next day but nothing after that. I'm not holding much faith in hearing back though at this point.
Back