• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. oblivion

Southwest Wanted IBM M122 keyboard 5 pin Din to IBM XT converter

I've started the process of restoring and upgrading my IBM XT. At the same time, I recently came across my IBM M122 keyboard with the 5-pin DIN connector. I know these keyboards were meant for terminals and use a different SET than the XT but I've read that converters were made to make them work...
  2. oblivion

PCjr memory question

Finally decided to mess around with my pcjr and have a question about memory. It currently has a modified side card and on POST it counts up to 640k. In DOS 3.2 it only seems to see 128k. I've found conflicting information on if you need to run a TSR for DOS to see the extra memory, can anyone...
  3. oblivion

Southwest FS: Macintosh 9600/200 & Tandy 1000EX

First up is a Macintosh 9600/200. working and in cosmetically decent condition with a few scuffs and scratches but not too much yellowing. has 6 PCI slots making it the most expandable classic Mac. I had it running fine with OS 8 but I did remove the hard drive so you're getting just the...
  4. oblivion

standard and fast ram on apple IIgs?

On my Apple IIgs motherboard, there are 3 separate areas with RAM on the motherboard. One is labeled sound which I'm assuming is for the sound but the other two are labeled standard and fast. What's the difference? I think one must be system memory and the other is ROM? If so which is which...
  5. oblivion

IBM PS/2 Model 25 blurry screen

I just picked up an IBM model 25 8086 color all-in-one PC but unfortunately, after getting it home the image is blurry almost beyond being able to read it. The seller did claim to test it and even take pictures just a few weeks ago and the image looked very sharp so I'm not sure what happened...
  6. oblivion

Southwest need a LandMark diagnostic ROM burned

I have an NCR 286 PC that is having issues and refuses to POST. it was suggested that I try installing a ROM with the Landmark diagnostic utility to help with troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I lack the ability to burn a ROM so I'm looking to see if anyone can offer this service. Of course, I can...
  7. oblivion

NCR 286 gives 5 beep code

I recently picked up an NCR 286. It's virtually identical to the one in this VWestlife video The only difference is mine has a header for an external battery and the case badge is different. Unfortunately when mine powers on I get 5 short beeps and then nothing. I tried looking up the code but...
  8. oblivion

Do any games take advantage of the Phasor ort sound better?

I have a Mockingboard and I was wondering if it's worth "upgrading" to the phasor card. I know the phasor is capable of more sounds and is supposedly 100% backward compatible with the Mockingboard. Do any games take advantage of the extra sounds of the Phasor or do any games just sound better on...
  9. oblivion

Southwest Wanted: copper socket 478 heatsink/fan

Does anyone have a nice copper (or copper core) heatsink/fan suitable for a hotter running socket 478 CPU?
  10. oblivion

Southwest WTB: Radius SVGA Multiview video card (ISA)

I have a friend that recently picked up a Radius Pivot monitor. He said it requires a special video card, the Radius SVGA Multiview video card which is an ISA card. Checking here if anyone has one for sale. Thanks.
  11. oblivion

Southwest FS: BSR 386SX/16 desktop computer

BSR 386SX/16 vintage desktop computer. This computer is tested working but please read the details below before buying! specs: CPU is an intel 386SX @ 16MHz, 4MB of memory, Intel 387 math coprocessor, built-in Cirrus Logic "Eagle II" video chip. MAD16 16-bit ISA sound card. 1.2MB 5 1/4 floppy...
  12. oblivion

power supply for Carry I 8088 FT-8100

I have a Carry I micro 8088 XT PC. but no power supply. There barely any info I can find on this thing so I just was wondering if anyone knew the wattage for the power supply. I have a generic 12V DC supply that fits. It seems to work and the machine appears to post, lights come on and the...
  13. oblivion

WTB: twistless floppy cable and 3 1/2 floppy drive set to D0 for Tandy 1000

So I'm looking to upgrade my Tandy 1000SX with a 720k 3 1/3 floppy drive to compliment the 360k 5 1/4 drive but I've had no luck untwisting my own cables. I keep getting general read errors and the such and I'm not sure if it's my floppy drive or my apparent sub-par ability to modify a floppy...
  14. oblivion

setboard can't setup EEPROM on Intel above board

Trying to add some memory to my IBM AT with an Itel above board plus. when I run the setboard program it detects the board but when I try to set things up manually I get the "setboard can't setup EEPROM: error and it asks me to call IBM support. I tried setting things up manually as well several...
  15. oblivion

Grid 286 1520 will not power on

I recently picked up a Grid 286 model 1520. when I plug it in (the 3 prong PSU) and hit the power switch the lower/external disk drive and battery charging/low lights blink and then nothing. Two of the many times I've tried to power it on it did start to boot and then shut off after a few...
  16. oblivion

Orchard Tiny Turbo question

I recently acquired an Orchard Tiny Turbo 8088 to 286 accelerator. I've read a few places that this card is incompatible with the Tandy 1000 line. My question is, is the incompatibility due to the placement of the CPU socket on the tandy motherboard making the Tiny Turbo's cable far too short to...
  17. oblivion

First mac to offer A/V in

kind of an odd question but what was the first Macintosh to offer A/V in jacks as standard? also were there any A/V in Nubus or PDS cards for older Macintosh II systems?
  18. oblivion

Wanted: lower bezel to a apple IIe color composite monitor

I know this is a super long shot but I have an Apple IIe Color Composite Monitor missing the lower bezel. It's the hinged plastic part that folds down to reveal the adjusting knobs under. I figure it a long shot but maybe someone here has a completely dead or busted monitor their holding onto...
  19. oblivion

Need nlx bracket for video card

Anyone have a cheap nlx form factor bracket they can sell me? With or without attached video card. I just need the bracket.
  20. oblivion

installing a DF0 selector in an amiga 2000

ok, so I bought a DF0 selector off AMIGAstore.eu some time ago to install in my amiga 2000 so I could select between my internal floppy drive and an external floppy emulator (to keep the origional look on the desktop). The instructions I found seem to be for an Amiga 500 where your supposed to...
Back