• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Dragon 32 weird screen.

I've found quite some Dragon machines with busted 6809 CPUs; but usually more "at" chars appears on screen. Also, there's a 10K variable resistor with vertical mount that also gets some strange debris, like crystal and causes screen havoc similar to the one you posted. The resistor is located...
  2. J

Greetings from Barcelona (Catalonia)

Welcome!, nice to see you here :)
  3. J

Found a TI99/4 original non A variant

For $80 it's a bargain indeed! And yes, it's more collectable than practical if you already have 4A machine. The built-in VDP was the first of the series and more limited than the common TMS9918A.
  4. J

Found a TI99/4 original non A variant

Congrats!, they're pretty rare (at least compared to its big A brother). Nice find if the price was right (y)
  5. J

Finally managed to get another of the first computer I ever owned... JR-100U... Waited 20 years to find one.

Gaming Alexandria has recently added a new Type-in entry for the JR-100: Grade Average Bar Graph I'm eager to see that tapes preserved!
  6. J

Mattel Aquarius Psu

Btw, here's the Aquarius power inputs schematic:
  7. J

Mattel Aquarius Psu

Check comment of the above video
  8. J

Mattel Aquarius Psu

As per the info found in this page, the PSU just provides the unregulated voltages for the +12V, +5V and -12V needed internally. Here someone is replacing its PSU with a new one: I think you can buy the above here (I'm not related to this seller ;)) ...but I'm sure you can mod it to have an...
  9. J

Exidy Sorcerer Floppy Disk Controller (Dreamdisk) Replica PCB

Great, that's cool!. The WD2793 need some calibration before using it, right?
  10. J

Working on a couple of SMC-70s

Nice machine, isn't it? ;). Well, maybe a bit bulky if you have some expansions connected...
  11. J

Working on a couple of SMC-70s

Not too much; but here you've a sheet with a lot of hardware info.
  12. J

Sharm MZ-80B cassettes - games?

Nice machine!. Does you barebones (=no extra graphics cards) MZ-80B works 100%?, just my two cents...
  13. J

Sharp x68000 z - a decent alternative?

Well, although fuzzy, it probably will work nicely for games indeed. Nice new year present!
  14. J

Sharm MZ-80B cassettes - games?

I can point to this thread in a spanish forum. Sorry about being in spanish; but using a translator I'm sure you'll get a good enough result. It has a lot of information and some software to download.
  15. J

MO stands for Magneto-Optical drives, kind of ZIP but more capable than it. They were fairly popular in Japan back then and you can find quite more info about using it with the X68000 than the ZIP units. The Compacts are an absolute hell about everything. Hard to disassemble, bad SMD caps...
  16. J

Wow!, it rules indeed!. Having LHES (or Human) displaying the bottom funtion keys bar is enough for me :). Btw, which monitor brand & model please? As I have a SCSI card in my PC it's easy to plug the external HDD and edit and image. I would also love to have an easier way to transfer software...
  17. J

Great setup!. May I recommend a Dell P2314HT monitor?. I have several monitors 15Khz-friendly; but the Dell model is the only one capable of displaying all the vertical lines flawlessly. Does your monitor displays the full picture (specially when it comes to the bottom os the screen...). Also...
  18. J

Searching for NEC PC-8001A software & hardware

Samdisk also has a good support to write D88 image disks to physical floppy drives, have you tried just using it alone? Btw, L3diskex has evolved great, now it supports a hell of formats (altough is still missing something, of course...)
  19. J

Cool!. Why both Samdisk and IMD?
  20. J

Let us know as soon as it arrives...;)
Back