• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Looking for an Adlib song files repository (not Audio files)

Does it exists?, I'm basically looking for compatible files for Adlib Tracker, RAD Tracker or such tools. Some sites have MP3 recordings; but that's not what I'm looking for.
  2. J

Osborne 1 floppy drive troubleshooting

I'm trying to fix a faulty Osborne 1 drive (a Siemens FDD-100-5) and that's what I've found until now: Write troubleshooting: - The faulty drive cannot write at all, when formatting with COPY tool, the Osborne hangs when writing track 0, drive is spinning but nothing more, it stays forever...
  3. J

Coleco Adam VDP

In the process of repairing a Colecovision, I've opened my Adam to make some tests to help diagnosing and after socketizing the VDP and scrapping the glue of the cooler I've found this little thingie: I was expecting a plain TMS9928A, it must be the Texas IC rebranded of course; but the weird...
  4. J

Looking for Sord M23P boot disk

I'm trying to fully restore an old Sord M23P and after cleaning and heavy lubbing the floppy drives I need to find any kind of bootable disk to finish testing the M23. Does anyone knows a way to find software for this machine, physical or dumped images?, it doesn't matter what OS: Sord-OS...
  5. J

HP-86B & HP-9121D data cable

I'm trying to service an old HP-86B and a dual drive unit HP-9121D but I lack the HP-IB cable needed to connect both. Seems it's the same cable used for PET computers (not the ones with edge connector), is the HP-IB used in the HP-9121D the same cable as the IEEE-488 GP-IB used in these newest...
  6. J

Open University Hektor III ROMs

I'm looking for info about my Hektor III and their tools ROMs feature. I've dumped my own ROM set (let me know if you're interested in it) and it has the System ROM (Monitor 10) and a pair of EPROMs containing some kind of "Frequency Analyser", I've no idea of how can I execute the tool; but...
  7. J

C65 in eBay...OMG!

Ultra rare Commodore 65 + Ram-expansión/c65/dx64/c90 Prototype, working! Never seen one so complete, seems to have every piece of hardware developed for this machine! I guess that it's going to reach a much much higher price than it has right now...:rolleyes: That brings to my mind the...
  8. J

WTB: ET4000 ISA card

Looking for an ET4000 ISA card, working of course :-)
  9. J

Dumping a mixed FM/MFM floppy

There're several mixed FM/MFM floppy formats out there: Olivetti M20, Toshiba Pasopia, Spectravideo SVI-3x8 and many others. Usually there's only one FM track (boot) and the rest are MFM tracks; but this fact made these disks a PITA to work with. Anyone knows which hardware (I mean FDC...
  10. J

Tandy 1000EX - Looking for parts to build a PLUS/IDE converter

Or more concretely, I'm looking for the 62 pin IDC and Edge connectors; but no luck so far. Seems that they're pretty uncommon and the big electronic suppliers (digikey, mouser...) doesn't have them in stock, only 60p or 64p are easily found :( Does anyone knows where to find these parts?
  11. J

CoCo - Disabling color burst

I'm trying to get a perfect monochrome screen when playing games like "The Hobbit" in RG6 mode with buff+black palette; but I can't figure out how to kill the color burst. I've been experimenting mainly with my Tano Dragon but I suposse that it will be close to the CoCo2. The best solution so...
  12. J

Problem running Round42

I'm trying to run Round42 shooter in an Amstrad PC-1640/PC-6400 without success, the display turns an absolute mess. The PC-1640 has a Paradise PEGA chipset with some powerful features; but seems unable to render the 160x100 used by Round42. Wasn't it simply a hacked text mode with chars height...
  13. J

Sharp MZ-80A SUC Library

The Sharp Users Club Disc Library was a great collection of software, originally in disk format maintained by a member of the club. The well-known Sharp's page, sharpmz.org also hosts a mirror of the library but as a collection of MZF converted files (Tape format, not disk). As the original...
  14. J

Guessing a Kaypro II model, again!

I've recently purchased a Kaypro II (still not with me!) and I'm trying to wild guessing the machine specs. Most probably it's one of the original designs (2.5Mhz Z80), it has "Kaypro 2" silkscreened in the side and has the usual grey/blue case with black front. It also has full height drives...
  15. J

Exidy Sorcerer MkII's schematics

Has anyone found them?, all the schematics in the net are for MkI model, literally no info about the MkII model
  16. J

Apple Macintosh LCII front case emblem

I'm looking for the small front case emblem of an LCII, I believe it's the same in most other pizza box cases and even in the external 3.5" drives. Has anyone spare cases or even the emblem itself and want to sell it?
  17. J

Best compact Mac today

This statement of RWallmow in a recent thread makes me think, what's the "best" compact Mac system today?, I mean a balance between features/power and durability (flaky caps and such)...
  18. J

Is my M4's floppy controller blowed?

Yesterday after some successful playing with my M4 and powering up again, it suddenly go nuts, both drives trying to read and the display showing garbage (mostly AT symbols). Waiting some time didn't change anything, the TRS-80 didn't boot and always makes the same fake drive reading and garbage...
  19. J

Booting a Geneve 9640

I'm having some problems trying to boot my Geneve+genmod(but with no memex card :() from my PHP1240. As it only (for now) supports DSDS disks, I've tried to fit a MDOS boot disk into 180K, I've follow these steps: - The PHP1240 has been tested with my TI-99/4A and it seems to work fine, reading...
  20. J

Kaypro II keyboard

A friend of mine has a fully functional Kaypro II except he doesn't have a keyboard for the machine; so, right now it's basically useless :( Is the Kaypro keyboard easy to find?, even a keyboard in bad shape could fit his needs (it's better than nothing). Also, maybe anyone knows if there're...
Back