• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Z

Speaker Fuse

hello folks, 👁️👁️ Looking at the following circuit: They say the low resistance R8 is used as a fuse to protect the speaker against high current; whenever the speaker draws too much current, R8 would burn up to save the day! I somehow don't understand why removing R8 (same as frying it)...
  2. Z

Dell-> no boot device

Hello folks, Despite the bios settings, the Dell laptop can't find any boot device: HDD, USB.... 🤔! I turned off the laptop at night while working fine, and the next morning it reported a faulty .SYS file. After a couple of restart, it went into complete refusal for booting from HDD or USB...
  3. Z

Portable Ice Machine

This is a very nice/fun presentation by our brilliant "NeXT" : He got more than 63,000 views on this one that is quite amazing o_O
  4. Z

Data Cartridge

Folks......what is the use(s) of this item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/266036707218?nma=true&si=d8bw7XeR42eMMVf0MIct0ccnjzI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 I vaguely remember a similar device for data backup...several years ago. ziloo 😊
  5. Z

Visit curiousmarc and his retro brilliance....

Although his name has been mentioned before on this forum, but he and his colleagues have done many brilliant works that would be interesting to all new "vintagies": https://www.youtube.com/@CuriousMarc/videos ziloo 😊
  6. Z

CP/M on Commodore 64/128

Hello folks, Has anybody been successful in running cp/m on commodore 64/128, and was it practical? I have read very negative remarks and reviews... ziloo 😊
  7. Z

Assembly on C64

Hello Folks, What is the easier way of getting an assembler on C64 without an FDD? ziloo 😊
  8. Z

Bargain Apple I

Folks, this is your last chance ...
  9. Z

20 MHz, 2 channel O-scope

Hello Folks, I have been offered a 20 MHz analog O-scope by a friend; What would be the use of such a device for vintage electronics, or micro-controller circuits? 20 MHz sounds way too slow 🐌🐢. ziloo :)
  10. Z

AI and GPT

Well folks, It has become the hot topic on youtube! ChatGPT and GPT-3 and......🤖 have everybody, specially programmers, talking about their implications. Do you think they could help reviving 👨‍⚕️ a dead Kaypro system? ziloo 😊
  11. Z

User Account Control (UAC), win 7

Hello Folks, UAC is constantly blocking some of my apps from operating, and keeps asking "Do you want this application to make changes to this computer?"....and when I press OK, the screen goes semi dark and freezes!!!! The funny thing is when I try to turn off the UAC setting, I get the same...
  12. Z

Router as Wi-Fi Repeater/Extender

Hello Folks, I have a router on the 1st floor and my laptop on the 2nd floor...located at point A... has poor reception. They tell me I can place an old router on the second floor to boost the weak signal from the first floor. Now my question is:... If I place the 2nd router at point A...
  13. Z

Noise on Computer Microphone

Hello Folks, When I attach this inexpensive microphone to my notebook, as soon as I go into recording mode (using Audacity) I hear a VIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ing sound on the speakers. I am having difficulty understanding the terminologies presented on the web such as background noise, self noise, pop...
  14. Z

DVD drive....Bye Bye!

Hello Folks, My DVD R/W drive has been acting up for a while, and somehow it works better with newer notebooks than older laptops ⁉️ I have been told that repair is futile, and I have to get a new one. Out of curiosity, what is the cause(s) of DVD drives going down? ziloo 🖥️
  15. Z

Surface Test for Flash Drive

Hello Folks, My USB Flash drive was acting up on me; whenever I deleted a file, the name would still be on the directory list showing 0 kb size! Using a partition manager software, I tried a "surface test??????" just for the heck of it......not knowing whether it is possible for flash...
  16. Z

IDE to Laptop (USB) adapter

Hello Folks, I want your recommendations for an IDE to USB adapter, so that I can get data from my old IDE HD drive into my laptop. Are they reliable and worth the money? Thank You ziloo :mrgreen:
  17. Z

Bondwell 12

Someone asked me about Bondwell 12 portables and how well behaved they are? I don't know about the status of the portable he is trying to obtain, but I want to know whether software/bios/hardware parts and information is available for this computer? Are they worth the trouble.... ziloo...
  18. Z

Source Code for a Z80 Assembler

I am looking for a source code listing of a z80 assembler that is written in z80 language! It would be a very educational tool for study...! A listing that is commented would be gold. ziloo :mrgreen:
  19. Z

Happy Birthday ahm!!!

It has been a long time since I had any chat with ahm. I don't even know whether he is still our mod or not. In any case, I wish you a very happy birthday and many many more years with health and joy.... :bigparty: ziloo :mrgreen:
  20. Z

Future of Programming

With all the humongous/giant/multi billion liner programs in every field/area already developed, what is the future of programming if not patching the existing programs together for a new application? ziloo :mrgreen:
Back