• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Chuckster_in_Jax

China to ditch all Windows PCs by 2022

Just saw this on the news yesterday. No big surprise. China wants to dominate all markets and looks like software is one of the next targets. https://www.techradar.com/news/china-to-ditch-all-windows-pcs-by-2022-could-this-be-linuxs-time-to-shine
  2. Chuckster_in_Jax

Is this a major or minor monitor defect?

I've been looking for a TS-80 Model 1 monitor and ran across this one on eBay. The first picture shows a large dark spot in the middle usually indicating the neck is broken. The second picture with the brightness turned up shows that isn't the case. Am I wrong in thinking there is some...
  3. Chuckster_in_Jax

Odd Seagate ST-251

There is an auction for a Seagate ST-251 with 4 extra power connectors. Never seen one like this. The location of the connectors means it cannot be mounted in a standard drive bay...
  4. Chuckster_in_Jax

Digital Research S-100 Computer Listing

Saw this listing last night. Was thinking about buying it, but I waited too long to make a decision and someone else snapped it up...
  5. Chuckster_in_Jax

VintageComputerMuseum selling entire warehouse

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Computer-Warehouse-for-sale-1000s-of-Vintage-Computers-Keyboards-More/192510792189?hash=item2cd28991fd:g:Qg8AAOSw6-xa0jke
  6. Chuckster_in_Jax

Malwarebytes using all memory

While using my computer this morning I started getting "Low Memory" error messages. Calling up Task Manager showed that Malwarebytes was using taking up all available memory until my computer crashed. Doing a Google search showed large numbers of users having the same problem. Tried ending the...
  7. Chuckster_in_Jax

Possible PayPal scam

This just came into my e:mail. I suspected it was a scam so I launched my browser to check my account and it is fine. Reported it to PayPal.
  8. Chuckster_in_Jax

Scammed on eBay

On July 4th I bid and won an auction for a Zenith Z-120 and external 8" Zenith Floppy drive unit(eBay listing #282080860426). The listing showed only $25.25 for shipping from California to Florida. I knew that was way too low so I contacted the buyer and requested an updated quote for actual...
  9. Chuckster_in_Jax

IBM System 32 in Jacksonville

I was contacted last week by a gentleman that has an IBM System 32 that he needs to get rid of. It was purchased by his father in the 70's and was recently put in a storage unit. He wants the information on the hard drive recovered but I told him it was doubtful that the drive would work given...
  10. Chuckster_in_Jax

Never received keyboard repair kit

I ordered a keyboard repair kit for a Compaq portable through an internet site linked to in a thread on our forum. After almost 4 months I still haven't received it. Details are as follows: I payed for a keyboard repair kit on 01/19/2014. I sent email to the seller on 02/12/2014 and...
  11. Chuckster_in_Jax

Looking for EISA configuration utility - DEC Prioris MTE

I've been searching for the EISA configuration utility for a DEC Prioris MTE. Can't find it anywhere. All I see is the EISA utility for an Alpha 150 AXP. The DEC manual refer to it as the SCU - System Configuration utility. The model of my computer is PCT73 Motherboard has a tag - TA436F0146...
  12. Chuckster_in_Jax

eBay Auction for a "VERY RARE" XT-IDE board

Someone just listed an XT-IDE board on eBay: eBay item # 190719205714 Description: "I have here a VERY rare 8bit IDE card for the original PC/XT 8088 class of computers. This is a modern card called the XT-IDE. it lets you use newer ide hard drives with your vintage XT class computers. I...
  13. Chuckster_in_Jax

Best Aluminum Electrolytics?

I have a Gateway2000 486 machine with a bad motherboard. Upon testing, I found several shorted Aluminum Electrolytic capacitors. I also have 2 motherboards go out in the last year. Both of the boards were less than 6 years old. One of them has bulging top vents on caps next to the CPU. Some...
  14. Chuckster_in_Jax

SIMM for IBM 9595-OQT

I have an IBM 9595-OQT 66 mhz Pentium. It only has 16MB of RAM and I would like to bump that up using 32MB SIMMs. The IBM memory module is listed as a 72pin SIMM Parity ECC 70ns . There are some sites that reference the module as being 5v (8x39), others that don't mention that. I can easily...
  15. Chuckster_in_Jax

Tandy Service Manuals Get High Bids

Tonight a couple of Tandy Service manuals got IMO some really high bids. TRS-80 Model 12 Service Manual eBay item 300661506189 $151.50 TRS-80 Model 16 Service Manual eBay item 300661506836 $190.50 I screwed around and didn't get my bid in on time for a service manual for a Tandy CM-1...
  16. Chuckster_in_Jax

Windows 2000 Beta on DEC Alpha XL 266

I acquired a DEC Alpha XL 266 awhile back. I have read that Windows 2000 Beta build 2128 can be installed on this machine. I found the W2K Beta build 2128 but can't seem to get it to install. I'm not sure if there was a separate version of the beta for Alpha machines. Has anyone installed this...
  17. Chuckster_in_Jax

Tandy 2000 Lot

There is a man just south of Jacksonville that wants to sell a lot of Tandy 2000's. These apparently were used by local radio Shack stores in the day for inventory and other company business. The lot consists of: About 10 Tandy 2000's 10 or 12 Tandy 10 Meg External hard drives Model 25-1025 5...
  18. Chuckster_in_Jax

CompuPro 10+ Looking for User's Guide

I've had a CompuPro 10+ for a while now and I'm trying to get it working. I can't seem to find any information on this except general comments people have mentioned on other forums. I have a terminal connected to the Com1 port, but don't get any response. Someone told me a couple of years ago...
  19. Chuckster_in_Jax

Quality of KAO Brand 3.5" Floppies

I have noticed KAO brand floppy disks on eBay from time to time. They don't seem to sell as well as other major brands. Anyone have any experience with these? How reliable are they...
  20. Chuckster_in_Jax

EPROM Compatability Question

I have acquired over time 3 HP-IB 9133 drives. The controller boards used in them are essentially an MFM hard drive-> HP-IB interface. Only certain drives can be used in them and that is dictated by the firmware version on the controller board. I want to upgrade the firmware chips in 2 of the...
Back