• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

A little VM for 8bit machines, stack based or reg based?

hi!, I am doing some coding here for a script-language and a VM. I also want to implement this in older cpus (6202 and z80), if possible. My original arch. design has 8 8bit generic registers (one for flags), and 2 16bit (PC and SP), able to address 64KB, generic arithmetic/logic operations...
  2. A

Psion Series 3 PDA Handheld Computer Spanish Version, complete with modem, manuals...

Hi, sometime ago I traded this unit for an old GB. Finally never used it, so... I put in ebay, price is negotiable or if you want to trade for something interesting just pm me. I am currently hoarding 8086 to 386 stuff. Unit is in perfect state, includes manuals, floppy with software, modem...
  3. A

Toshiba T1xxx series or similar with 8086

I've been looking for a notebook with an 8086. I want to run some code in an original Intel 8086 and do some low level testing, because of my location, getting an old PC with 8086 is complex and very expensive. They are common in USA, but shipping costs is crazy, and they usually need or...
  4. A

MSDOS loading .com / .exe process

Hi! I've been looking for more information about this, after some googling (only got modern msdos stuff/windows), y tried to read source of dosbox, but it's not very detalied as reference. What i am looking for is the loading process of .com and .exe files before execution. I already know...
  5. A

Psion3/a looking for more information, working links, forums, etc ?

Hi, a friend give to me an old (very good condition) Psion3 (don't know if is a), with a serial cable, some software card and i think what it is a modem. So I spent some time in Google/Reddit, but only found dead links, I don't found anything interesting. Any Psion fans here? Is there any...
  6. A

The Undocumented PC" by Frank Van Gilluwe Disk Only

I bought this book today (2nd ed) online. And while it arrives, i don't know if the disk is inside or not (not cited in the item description) Anyone has archived the contents of this disk? I've looked for online but found only this https://www.pcjs.org/pubs/pc/programming/The_Undocumented_PC/...
  7. A

Buying a 8086 for my Olivetti PCS

Hi, this computer comes with a Nec V30, some weeks ago I got from a thread here a link to pretty cheap NEC V20s /16mhz. Five of them for a pair of dollars. I was looking now for a proper intel 8086 in ebay, found a lot of things. Most populars I see are P8086 and P8086-2 So my question is...
  8. A

Olivetti PCS86 - IDE controller with new IDE or SD

I got a Olivetti PCS86, standard model, 720KB 3.5 floppy, internal Conner 20MB HD (CONNER CP3026, a Olivetti rebrand of more usual CP3024). I am thinking about upgrading it, a SB 16, a 5.25 floppy (a 360k, for testing and copying old floppies), exchanging the 720kb for 1.44MB one (i've read...
  9. A

Optimizing DOS in a 8086/286

hi! I am building a DOS installation in a 8086 (20mb hd), i choosed 3.30 because i think is a good SO for this cpu, i guess i can install a 6.x version but wanted to emulated a bit when i used it. In my >386 machines i usually install a predefined pack of dos tools, qemm, smartdrv, 4dos...
  10. A

Looking for a working 5,25" floppy drive (Europe)

Hi, I am looking for someone in Europe (i've seen 100$ in shipping cost to send one from USA to my home address, crazy) which could sell/trade me a 5'25" floppy drive, working ;) Best if it has been cleaned and aligned. I usually dump SD disks (360KB), Pc and C64 with a kryoflux and a...
  11. A

Name the games, and the magazine ;)

hi guys, I have some puzzle for you, name the games, computer/console and magazine: Rot13 for what i've guessed: 1. ??? (jrveq ect), znlor Nccyr VV 2. Onpxtnzzba, Cv Fbsgjner 1983 frra va gur fperra, vg frrzf gb or guvf bar uggc://jjj.jbeyqbsfcrpgehz.bet/vasbfrrxvq.ptv?vq=0000370 3. ...
  12. A

SoftDisk and Big blue archives?

Hi all, I've searching for information about the contents and total number of disks published by Softdisk and Big blue The entry in wikipedia for Big Blue, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Blue_Disk , is very scarce with little information. Also entry in Mobygames is very incomplete...
  13. A

Ideas for a diagnostic/utility floppy disk (3.5)

Hi! I got this week a spanish PS/1 2011 (with a 30MB HD), working perfectly, no apparent faults. I was thinking to build a boot floppy with some tools useful for testing. I know this PS/1 has a 286, so, some of these tools probably don't work. I have to test them first. I thought of...
  14. A

Old adventure in The Hitchhiker tv series

Hi, I was watching now a 80`s movie, Ragewar the Dungeonmaster, and i remember that when i watched it for the first time, 20 years ago?, here in Spain i could watch in tv a serie from HBO, the Hitchhicker. Maybe anyone could remember it, i loved it so much... Well i remembered an episode...
Back