• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. usotsuki

Nabu - trying to fix a problem in my FD bootloader

This is certainly a case of "coder is an ID10T", but last July I tried to write a floppy disk bootloader for the Nabu that: Doesn't use the official code, because I want it copyright-clean. Can boot existing CP/M 3.1 boot disks. I coded it in two forms - one that is part of my boot ROM...
  2. usotsuki

Rewriting my Nabu floppy disk bootloader 😵

So recently I wrote some code - both ROM code and code that could be sideloaded from the virtual head end - to boot the Nabu CP/M 3.1 floppy disks. And...in MAME...it works. Problem is, it's gone Schrödinger - I had people tell me it didn't work on metal, and I haven't since had it work...
  3. usotsuki

DOS rdate for XTs - using Mike Chambers' minitcp

I originally ported RDATE with WatTCP and lost the source in a drive crash. I tried to do it again using Mike Chambers' minitcp and couldn't get it working but he rewrote it from the ground up. I just copied its command line syntax on top of that. This is pretty handy for XTs without clock...
  4. usotsuki

archaeoIRC: How low can you go?

http://xtra.usotsuki.info/airc037.zip I'm still, on and off, tweaking this. I run it on my 5160 and have for a while. I'm just curious as to how low a config it'll still work under. Particularly I'm wondering if (under DOS 2.x; any other is prolly too big) it is possible to run it under 256K...
  5. usotsuki

Just got a 5160 (BIOS 82) and...

Right now I have yet to bootstrap it. HD that came with it didn't work and I don't know about the FDD (which I've pulled since I'm planning to replace it with a 3.5" drive as soon as I have a bracket). I am considering in the reasonably near future buying or having made something like an XTIDE...
  6. usotsuki

MS-DOS 3.3 bootsector: patching for 1.44 MB drive on XT?

It seems fairly well known DR DOS is able to boot off a 1.44 MB floppy drive installed in an XT. I'm trying to find the logic to how DR DOS does it, so I can modify the MS-DOS 3.3 bootloader to do this - it looks like that should be the only place where this matters. (Mike Chambers and I made...
Back