• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

IBM PS/2 Floppy Drive Removal With Pictures

So I have begun work on getting my IBM PS/2 P70 luggable computer up to speed (see my other thread: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?73381-IBM-PS-2-P70-8573-POST-161-163-after-replacing-battery). One of the common issues was the internal floppy drive not working. In mine, it will spin...
  2. H

IBM PS/2 P70 8573 POST 161 163 after replacing battery

I recently came into a wonderful IBM PS/2 P70, which I have always wanted. I knew it had POST errors 161 and 163 on buying, and hoped this could be fixed quickly. When I first got it, it does a RAM check up to 8MB, and then shows POST errors 161 (CMOS configuration lost (battery has died)) and...
  3. H

Gotek not working suddenly on my Amiga 1000

Recently, I switched on my Amiga 1000, with an internal Gotek floppy emulator. The Gotek didn't work! It was working perfectly about 6 months ago, and has been sitting on my desk under a home-made computer cover. I have a dedicated USB drive for it, and just leave it in there. So a little...
  4. H

OS/2 Killed My Sound Blaster

I have an IBM PS/2E Model 9533, which is an unusual variant PS/2 as it has an ISA slot. My goal with my ISA slot was to install an ISA Sound Blaster, so I researched what I could, and decided on a Sound Blaster 16 model CT2940. I bought it, and I was setting it up on my PS/2E. So my setup it...
  5. H

What Sound Blaster for an IBM PS/2E Model 9533?

Hello All: I am interested in putting a sound card in my IBM PS/2E 9533. This is the small pizza-box PS/2, which has laptop components in it to be a very early energy-star compliant computer. It's got a 486SLC2 25/50 MHZ CPU, 16MB RAM, and a single ISA expansion slot. It's a neat little...
  6. H

Commodore B128 (C610)

About 1-2 months ago, I came into possession of a very nice Commodore B128 / C610. It has a 220/240V power supply, and I'm in the US, so I bought a transformer unit from ebay for about $30. When I got it, I tested it out, and it seemed to work fine. I wrote some simple BASIC looping print...
  7. H

TRS-80 Start-up Zaps Disks

I just heard about TRS-80s zapping disks when turning on with a disk in the drive. I think it applies to the model III or 4. I tried an internet search on this, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have more info on this? Do we know why this happens? Is there a fix? Thanks.
  8. H

Source for good prototyping PCBs

So I've been wondering where you guys get your prototyping boards? I generally work with the single-sided copper clad boards with individually ringed 0.1 inch hole spacing for all my stuff. RadioShack has a good board about 4"x6", and I pretty much use it exclusively. I cut it down to size...
  9. H

IBM PS/2 Model 70 8570 Hard Drive Light

I have a very nice Model 70, which I have been working on for a while now, and have it set up and running smoothly with a 2GB SCSI hard drive running off a Future Domain MCS-600 SCSI card. The only remaining thing I feel I need to do on it, is to connect up the hard drive light/LED, which is...
  10. H

PET 2001-8 Datasette Problems

Hello All. I am trying to bring my PET 2001-8 back up to health, and have been working through some memory and stability problems in another thread. I have discovered load problems in doing that, mainly with the internal datasette. I thought I would start a new thread for this problem. So...
  11. H

PET 2001-8 Stability Issues

Hello All. I have a chicklet PET 2001-8, which I got about 6 months ago. I only got around to testing it for real recently, and have discovered some stability issues. When I first got it, I just tried typing some short BASIC programs, and running them, and it seemed to work fine. The...
  12. H

Apple II Monitor Stand

Hi All: Has anyone seen an Apple II monitor stand like this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/181891865482 It looks like the rubber legs are different (round), and the pattern of supports on the underside also looks different. Outside, it looks like an apple product. Looks very similar to the...
  13. H

Apple II and Sup'R'Mod II

Hi All: So I'd like to connect my Apple II to a nice Sony Trinitron KV9200 that I just picked up. The Sony only has UHF and VHF screws on it (a pair of screws for each). So I'm looking at using the Sup'R'Mod II that is in the Apple II, which I guess is an RF modulator. I've never used one of...
  14. H

Apple II ROMS

I've just come into possession of an Apple II with integer ROMs, and looking at the ROMs, the printing on the tops looks different from most of the ones I've seen online. They don't have "Apple" written anywhere on them like most I've seen, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me about them...
  15. H

Problems with 4040 and 8250 floppy drives

Hello All: So I've come into possession of a 4040 and a 8250 drive, neither of which work, and need some help. I've researched online and in every resource I have as to how to fix these, and have tried several things, but to no avail. The 4040 drive: ----------------- Drives spin briefly when...
  16. H

Apple II on eBay

So I saw this Apple II on eBay, and it's gone to insane levels (to me): http://www.ebay.com/itm/291198790454?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Can anyone tell me why this one is so special? It didn't look too special for me. I know often it's just emotional bidders who feel...
  17. H

PETscii Graphics for Full Block

So here's a silly question. How do I draw a full solid block character, using the PET graphics characters? I've looked all over the keyboard and the closest thing I can find is a grayed out full block. I've tried searching all over and no luck.
  18. H

My Commodore PET 2001N Reset Switch Mod

So I was able to put my RESET button mod together for my PET 2001N. I was anxious to do this mod soon, because when I get my PETdisk, I'll probably be testing tons of programs, and didn't want to have to turn my machine off and on over and over again, subjecting it to repeated power surges. So...
  19. H

PET 2001 CB2 Sound Mod

So I am working on adding sound to my PET 2001N. I have combed the internet sources, and found several designs based on using the CB2 pin. I got one from the "PET cookbook", and it used a variable resistor with a transistor and speaker and a 5V power source. I tried this design, but only...
  20. H

My new PET 2001

Hi All: I just got my first PET, and it's a real beauty! It's a PET 2001-32N, and it's in great condition. I think it's the perfect model for me, because it's still got the 9 inch screen and has the full keyboard, and has 32K. The screen is nice and clear, and the keyboard works great. The...
Back