• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. bear

Sun-2 and Sun-3 mice (eBay)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/xi_jinping/m.html?item=334195034340&hash=item4dcf9388e4%3Ag%3Ar%7EcAAOSwFVhhd12t&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 Hadn't realized before that there were Sun-2 mice which weren't black (were white/beige). I know some folks are looking. No connection with the seller, apart...
  2. bear

Compaq base memory/rom board for 8 MHz Deskpro 286 2550

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114759940263 If, like I once did, you have a Deskpro 2550 (8 MHz 286) that somebody's removed the ISA board containing the system ROMs and base memory... here's one for sale. Not affiliated, etc.
  3. bear

seeking Western Digital WD7000 SCSI host adapter software -- SST IV

Painful episodes from my adolescence revisited now 25 years later. Does anybody have a copy of the Columbia Data Products SST IV software, which contained 32-bit drivers for the WD7000, for use with Windows NT or OS/2 2.x? Back in the day, these upgraded drivers cost most of a month's worth of...
  4. bear

Intimate details of early-stage MS-DOS boot process? (why is my drive inaccessible)

Ladies, gentlemen: I am attempting to track down the cause of a problem accessing an MFM hard disk in an IBM 5170 AT. This disk has some data on it that I would like access to (copies of files from another drive with a failing format, prior to having run spinrite on the failing drive). It...
  5. bear

DPT PM2001 SCSI controller software/info ?

Colleagues; I have a ca. 1990 DPT PM2001B/95 SCSI host adapter I would like to use on a project. This adapter has no BIOS extension ROM, as it emulates a WD1003 controller, and so is meant to use the built-in drive table, unlike the vast majority of other PC SCSI host adapters. My problem is...
  6. bear

looking for info on Quadram Quadcolor II

Esteemed colleagues; I'm looking for information on the Quadram Quadcolor II graphics board. This is a daughterboard which plugs into the Quadcolor I to add extra display memory and supposedly the ability to display >100 colors. The Quadcolor I seems to be an ordinary CGA board, so I'm curious...
  7. bear

IIgs AE Sonic Blaster back panel connector on eBay

Stumbled across this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-2t-apple-computer-in-out-/301597605117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46389e3cfd It's a back panel connector for an AE Sonic Blaster board -- somebody who has just a bare board and no cable should be glad to see the opening bid of just $1.00
  8. bear

Wanted: Microchannel 8514/A or Image Adapter/A

Howdy folks. Got a project cooking that calls for a microchannel 8514/A display adapter (or Image Adapter/A). Prefer 1 MB 8514/A or 3 MB Image Adapter. Willing to pay some money for one, but not at current eBay prices. Or, trade for... I don't even know what?
  9. bear

Wanted - parts for Leading Edge computer

Well, okay, just one part. I am after the internal hard drive mounting bracket that fits a Model D2 (80286). I'm not sure whether other Leading Edge models in similar chassis (like the Model D or Model D3) also use this bracket. It fits to the right-hand side of the floppy disk drive bays...
  10. bear

Wanted MPI Model 51 or 52 floppy disk drive

This is a full-height, 5.25" floppy drive. Model 51 (single sided) preferred, Model 52 (double sided) acceptable. I think these are also known as B-51 and B-52, though the one I have is not labeled that way. Anybody got one? I'd accept a repair project, if necessary.
  11. bear

WANTED: NuBus memory card(s) - Daystar, NatSemi, etc.

Folks; I am in need of one or more NuBus memory (RAM) cards, to replace the failed NatSemi card in my IIfx MacIvory workstation. I am aware of at least two possible models: 1. NatSemi 8/16. 8 MB base board, with optional 8 MB expansion daughtercard. Either configuration accepted. 2. Daystar...
  12. bear

Wanted: Leading Edge Model D2 10 MHz 80286

Configuration unimportant. Should be in good shape, not horribly yellowed, and include original Leading Edge 101-key keyboard. Thanks! ok bear
  13. bear

Wanted: Packard Bell Force 386sx/16

Kind of a silly thing to be looking for, but it was the first computer I owned outright. I'd like to find another one. I can't remember the model designation exactly, but I am quite certain it was a Packard Bell Force something; it had a 16 MHz 80386sx with four ISA slots on a riser card and it...
Back