• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Pet Chicklet 2001 9" Monitor Dead

Hi All it's been a while, I decided to dust off my 2001 Chicklet and have a go at repairing it. The story so far has been a toughie!! I have repaired it, it runs for a while then fails. I repair it again and something else fails. I don't think it likes being switched on, anyway my first lot...
  2. P

Commodore Pet 2001 6550 - 6264 Ram adapter

Hi all I have a quick question regarding a 6550 Ram adapter that I have seen on Nightfallcrew website.http://www.nightfallcrew.com/19/08/2014/commodore-pet-2001-6550-ram-adapter-by-xad-manosoft/ It is regarding the address lines on the 6264 Ram chip, address lines A2 & A3 joined and A4 & A5 are...
  3. P

Mos 6509 question?

I have been reading up on computer systems when I stumbled across this excerpt in a book:- "MOS Technology has announced the planned introduction of the 6509 IC which will combine the 6502 and 6530." Is that what the 6509 actually is or are they mistaken?
  4. P

2001-8 Chicklet Pet Fault Finding.

Hi all it's been a while since I've had a project. I have recently aquired a 2001 chicklet pet with the 320008 assy board. It was a non working machine that showed garbage. All four voltage regs are around 5v (4.95v & 5.05v etc) I removed the PIA's and all 6550's except I1,I2,J1,J2. I subbed the...
  5. P

Amiga 2000 zorro II

Hi all it's a change of machine from Pet's at the moment to an Amiga 2000 that's driving me mad! I have used it and all appears to be working fine, except the expansion ports. I have a gvp hc+8 hard drive card with 2mb memory and an xt bridgeboard installed. I have tried to use the install...
  6. P

Commodore P500

Heads up fellas there is another P500 up on ebay, it is not tested as per usual the seller does not want to risk turning it on :o and price is quite high at £499.:wow: (well for an untested one!)...
  7. P

Commodore P500

Just a quick heads up there is one on ebay ending today! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMMODORE-P500-low-serial-number-rare-vintage-computer-european-pal-/121677280015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c5487f30f
  8. P

Commodore Superpet SP9000

Hi I have a few questions about the Superpet:- How rare are they? How much are they to buy? Can it work without the dongle in the top board? Do they have two or four switches on the side? Can you obtain the side switches and roms? Where do they plug into on the three board earlier type...
  9. P

CMD RAMLink

Just had a bit of a shock by this listing on Ebay, are they worth this much or is the seller just being hopeful? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RARE-CMD-CREATIVE-MICRO-DESIGNS-RAMLINK-RAM-LINK-16MB-COMMODORE-64-128-/321733174672?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae8caa590
  10. P

Commodore P500

It's taken a long time but I've finally bagged a P500! :happy2: The good news is that she has her original box and even clear plastic bag with commodore printed on it and poly's There's always a but! and it's she has the black screen of death!! After checking voltages there is +12V,-12v,+5v...
  11. P

GVP A2000 HC+8 woes!

Hope one of you guys has had experience with these cards. I am after some advice on how to install one, without hard drive in place just the memory. I have 6 simm cards and have set the appropriate jumpers and fitted it into my A2000. But the memory available is the same as when it's not...
  12. P

Commodore B715?

Just noticed this B series auction on Ebay, on the box it says B715. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Commodore-B700-Personal-Computer-1982-vintage-/171493816386?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item27edd3f842 Was there such a model, I know there was a B710 and B720.
  13. P

MOS 6509 sources?

Hi again all it's been a while since my last project, now I have got myself a Commodore 710 that is as dead as a dodo. It has started to make me paranoid about using my B256, so I am wondering where you can get a MOS 6509 and was wondering how prone they are to failure. I am not sure if it...
  14. P

Merry Christmas to you all!

Wishing you all a merry christmas I can't believe it's been thirty years since I had my first commodore, the good old 64! Hope you all keep your old machines running and aquire the ones you crave in the new year!
  15. P

Tandon 100-4 XT compatible?

Hi again just a quick question, will a tandon 100-4 be compatible with an IBM XT? I know the IBM XT uses the tandon 100-2A but will a 100-4 work?
  16. P

Commodore Amiga 2000 repair.

Hi all I thought I'd share my latest vintage computing repair with you. Upon picking up my latest commodore I was filled with dread! BACK UP BATTERY!!! After just getting over the traumatising time of scoping my IBM XT in for repair with my Gould DSO. I turned on the scope and nothing, inside...
  17. P

IBM XT keyboard error 301

Hi all can anyone help me get this old girl back up and running. I've had lots of problems, firstly the power supply packed in which turned out to be diodes gone short. Then the Rodime hard drive went bang which was a found to be bad tantalum that blew it's top off and melted the ribbon cable...
  18. P

3.5" The Ultimate Drive TIB PLC DD-001

Hi all can anyone shed any light/info on this drive and the commands it uses. Have any posters on here ever used one or maybe still do? I have tried to find out via the web but to no avail!
  19. P

Silver Label Commodore 64

Really pleased today as my latest arrival landed on the doorstep. A WGB serial numbered silver label C64 with an ASSY 326298 Rev A board. The board has ceramic RAM chips and a ceramic Vic II. Another rarity arrived with it a Vic 1540 disk drive. All in all I'm well pleased!!
  20. P

CMD RAMlink

Are they worth this much? http://www.ebay.com/itm/281073428668 Seems more like SCPU money!
Back