• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Model 102 Point-of-sale terminal

I've had a Model 102 for nearly 20 years. I knew it had an option ROM installed, wrapped in TSI's Guardean wrapper. When called with 63012 it adds two programs to the menu. I'd never actually run the install program to see just what it did, until today! What I found was that it asked for...
  2. C

Mega ST2 floppy differences

I've had a Mega ST2 for something like 25 years now. It has the floppy drive with the central eject button with the sloped sides. I've also seen other Mega ST2's with a floppy drive with the more standard small offset eject button. I vaguely recall replacing the drive in the system years ago...
  3. C

GVP PC286 for Amiga 500

In my continued going thru things I've not messed with for a bit I found that my fastest 80286 machine isn't an AT-clone or my upgraded Tandy 1000A, but my Amiga 500! For nearly 20 years I've had a GVP Impact Series II A500-HD+ with a Quantum 52S drive and 4MB RAM with my Amiga 500. I'd...
  4. C

Bebox revisited

Lately I've been motivated to revisit some stuff I've not messed with in a bit, due to finding a nice and complete TRS-80 Model II here locally. Yesterday it was a TRS-80 Model III that I've had forever, and today was one of my Bebox.....a Rev. 06 Bebox from 1996. It came right up...and I had...
  5. C

revisiting a model III

encouraged by messing with the Model II this past week, I decided to pull out a worn Model III that I've had for so long that I don't even recall where I got it. It's well worn, but not broken...the paint rubbed off of much of the plastic surrounding the keyboard from hands resting upon it. It...
  6. C

complete TRS-80 Model II system picked up

Well after not getting any new items for a while, today while I was out I found a complete TRS-80 Model II setup that I just couldn't pass up. It's a 64k Model II, keyboard, disk expansion unit with two additional 8" floppies, a 15MB hard disk unit, and a DMP-400 printer. It also included 4...
  7. C

Sun Cobal RaQ uses

I've had a Sun Cobalt RaQ 550 for quite some time and the last time I did anything with it I had a fairly up-to-date OS install on it. If I recall correctly it has Strongbolt/CentOS installed on it. The thing was so loud with the two high volume fans that I didn't use it for very long. Is...
  8. C

486 and Etherlink III issues

I've been working on a 486 VLB build and for the most part it has worked out great. I put a UM486V mainboard with a 486DX2-66 in a nice case I got from Stone. It has two VLB cards...a DTC-2278D I/O card and a Genoa WindowsVGA 24 Turbo graphics board. The system has IDE, floppy, 1 parallel and...
  9. C

VLB video card issue

I have a UM486V AIO motherboard that I've decided to build up. If I put an ISA video board in it, it posts fine. If I put two VLB video cards in it in turn, it doesn't function at all, not even a display of any kind. I've tried dropping the VLB slot speed down, as well as adding a wait state...
  10. C

EISA cards for trade for VL Bus cards

I have the following two EISA cards from my stash to trade: - 3com Etherlink EISA (10/100baseT) 3C597-TX This card will work in the SGI Indigo2 using modified Phobos drivers - Adaptec AHA-2740A Fast SCSI adapter 50pin internal ribbon and an external high density 50pin connector. no...
  11. C

magneto optical under MS-DOS

I have a Pinnacle Micro Sierra 1.3GB MO drive that I'm trying to use on my ASL 386/33 under MS-DOS 5.0. It's connected to a Future Domain TMC-850M using PowerSCSI! 4. It is seen on the bus by the card on boot and it is seen by and responds to the format and partition software provided by...
  12. C

Any BBS sysops around?

I know there were BBS systems online a decade before I put mine up in 1988 but I was wondering if there were many other BBS sysops hanging out in here? I was one of the sysops of Mount Olympus BBS out of Washington D.C. in 1988 and 1989, until a hard disk crash took it offline. We used...
  13. C

1000A and Glitch Works XT-IDE

Last night I installed a Glitch Works XT-IDE Rev.4 into my 1000A and it worked perfectly with the default settings. I attached a PQI 32MB DoM directly to the board and used Tandy's MS-DOS 3.20 to FDISK and format the drive and so far I've had no errors or other issues. Once the XT-IDE BIOS...
  14. C

Z-248 post issue

The first PC's that I used were Zenith Z-248's, so for years I wanted to get one. I have one and it's bone stock, with all Zenith boards installed (CPU board, MFM/floppy controller, 16-bit I/O, 16-bit memory, 8-bit serial/parallel board with breakout connector, and EGA board). I seem to recall...
  15. C

ASL Transformer 386DX/33

Years ago my father brought me an IBM PC-AT 5170 that had been upgraded with an ASL Transformer passive backplane and 386DX/33 single board computer in one of the ISA slots. Another member here sent me the 486DX/33 upgrade for this board some time back. I didn't do anything with it for a long...
  16. C

rediscovering BASIC programming

The last few nights I've been messing with my IBM 5170 that has had it's mainboard replaced with an ASL Transformer backplane and 386DX/33 cpu board. This was done circa 1992 by it's previous owner and I've had the machine for a number of years. It also has a PAS-16 soundcard, Mediavision...
  17. C

Tandy 1000 HX PP2

There seems to be a bit of interest on here concerning the Tandy 1000 HX. The HX was actually the first computer I purchased new, from a Navy Exchange when they came out. I still have two of them, including this PP2 that I was told was a pre-production prototype. It's uppercase over the drives...
  18. C

Newer MaxPowrMP 225

I've had a Newer MaxPowrMP 225 CPU card for years but I've never even gotten a startup chime with it installed in either a PowerCenter or 7600. Power Computing 132 and Powerlogix G3/350 work fine in both machines. I've tried removing the cache and most of the RAM. I've always been interested...
  19. C

Amiga 3000 is alive!

My upgraded Amiga 3000 has booted fully for the first time in a number of years! I've pulled it out a few times over the last few months only to find that the 4GB Quantum Fireball hard disk has a checksum error. Then earlier this evening, the PSU wouldn't even power on...so I went thru and...
  20. C

paper tape preservation

What methods do those of you with programs on paper tape use to preserve them? Do you have a punch and just make duplicates or do you read them into a system and then save them out as another format, such as to 'tape' ...maybe as an audio file on another computer? I have 3 punched tapes..only...
Back