• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Wanted: Mac SE/30 or SE FDHD logic board

Hi all! Looking for motherboard / logic board for Macintosh SE/30 or SE FDHD, as would like to read 1.44mb floppies on my plain-Jane SE. Don't mind if recapping required. Worth a try! bbcmicro
  2. B

Transfer Applications to Mac over Serial

Hi all I'm not very clued up on old Macs, but I have a Macintosh Classic with System 7.0.1 I have no other computers at the moment except for my 2018 MacBook Pro. The Classic is basically a closed system at the moment. My MacBook can read but can't write HFS floppies, so I can't get software...
  3. B

A good console repair forum?

Thought I'd take advantage of the wealth of gamers on this forum- I have an original "phat" Nintendo DS. The touchscreen has a membrane which has got a rather large scratch (More of a chunk, actually) Taken out of it. My question is if I can replace this protective layer withouth replacing the...
  4. B

Wanted - HP Printer spare

Anybody got a HP PSC 1xxx series that they don't want/is broken? The piece of clear (Although in others sometimes coloured) plastic top with the HP logo on the lid of the scanner on mine has shattered, and I am looking for a spare. Actually, if someone could tell me what that bit is actually...
  5. B

Selling/trading my stuff

I've already got rid of a lot of stuff this past year. In September if I pass my exams I'll be moving to St Andrews in Scotland to go to univeristy. So, I need to get rid! This is the last lot to go. I have about 30 spectrum tapes Cheetah Specdrum, Sound sampler, microspeech and joystick...
  6. B

Ruckingenur II

I spotted a post on hackaday that mentioned a game in which the goal is to reverse-engineer hardware in a military setting. I wasn't interested at first, but after a few days I downloaded it. What a surprise! It's actually really fun, in a geeky sort of way. It's presented in the style of a NES...
  7. B

Toshiba T3100

If anyone in the UK has one on offer, an T3100 is on my wanted list. Cheers, Matty.
  8. B

wanted: PCI Parallel port card

My shiny new PC doesn't have any legacy ports ! D: Would like a PCI parallel port card or even a Parallel & Serial card.
  9. B

Transformer ratings

Help! I need clarification for transformer ratings. I've already got myself thoroughly confused. One schematic I read calls for a "15v CT x 1A winding" I'm guessing this means 15v and 1A from the secondary coil, but I'm not sure. I see transformers elsewhere rated as TX 15v/6VA for example. Is...
  10. B

1976 TTL Databook

Found a National Semiconductor data book from '76 - If anyone can't find a datasheet for a NS chip from that time, it may be in here. Will scan on request.
  11. B

Earthquake

Only a teensy one, but considering the UK isn't near any faults, and never having felt one before, it was certainly strange being woken up at 1 in the morning by the house shaking... I forgot that we can have hundreds of earthquakes a year, they're always small and rarely felt but I remembered...
  12. B

Get data from Spectrum motherboard

This is my third effort to try and fix this spectrum +2. The inbuilt cassette unit is crapped up. I managed to find the audio data out on the motherboard. It is very quiet, and can only really be heard with a small earpiece. A 3.5mm jack direct from the board to the mic input on a cassette...
  13. B

Sinclair RPN

I just got a 1970 something Sinclair Scientific, after a bit of tinkering and persuading it came to life, although battery corrosion has caused the bottom right corner keys to be a little unresponsive. I've never used RPN before, but says I wanted to add 2 and 2, on the calculator I'd press 2...
  14. B

WTD : Amiga Mouse

I have an Amiga 500 on its way but it doesn't have a mouse. Anyone got one to spare in the UK? Cheers.
  15. B

Wtd: ZX81, Spectrum, Mac

My wages at the moment are tied up in Christmas Presents, but a warning before everyone gets crazy christmas syndrome and starts throwing computers out of the windows (Unlikely, but nevermind) my next paycheque is promised on a vintage computer, having not bought one for many months. So I could...
  16. B

SATA >> Floppy power connector

Any idea where I can get one of these in the UK? I have an IDE DVD RW drive which I want to use in my PC which only supports SATA. Dug out a IDE to SATA converter but it draws power from a standard floppy power connector. I only have one in my PC which I use to power the floppy drive (Oddly...
  17. B

Transistors/Diodes

Can anyone give me the values/codes for bog standard npn transistors and silicon diodes for multipurpose and general tinkering? Transistors would probably be used for switching rather than amplification (Does that sound right? ;) ) At the mo in college I'm doing basic 555 timer circuits, we've...
  18. B

Gaming PC

I've been saving for a long while for a new PC. I've only got 350 GBP but it's a start. I want a PC for gaming, not serious hard-core gaming but enough to play most new titles for a while or perhaps Oblivion at medium/high settings. I want one from a large retailer for the guarantee and...
  19. B

DOS 5 1/4" discs.

Can anyone post me some DOS startup/boot and install disks for my samsung XT clone? I don't know which version would work best with a standard XT clone. I think it's a 360kb drive. Dong Feng sent me some a while back but a mix up at the post office meant they didn't arrive. Also wanted are PAL...
  20. B

GCSE's!

Feel free to delete this thread, but I had to tell someone! My GCSE results came out today; three A*'s, four A's, three B's and a GNVQ in ICT (equiv. four GCSE's at level C) Hooray! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Back