• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

Some graphic cards issues

I have few that don't work as they should. One is full lenght Taiwan no-name hercules from mid 80 which don't show anything on screen. EPROM was changed for one with polish characters which I tested and it's not working, putting working EPROM gives no results. There is one more chip that looks...
  2. L

Odd floppy drive / single dentisty drives and diskettes

I bought this floppy drive long time ago and I tought it was regular one mounted in IBM's computers. I think I was asking about this drive some time ago but noone replied. It's manufactured by Siemens, there's date - 10-1982. I've connected it to PC computer and tried to write some data on DD...
  3. L

What's going on? XT turns off.

After about a year i got my IBM XT out of basement. It seemed to work ok and I finally managed to put it on the internet. I was chatting on IRC when it turned off. Only PSU fan was working. I turned power switch down and after a while I turned XT on again and it loaded with no errors. It happend...
  4. L

1982 Quadram memory board, repairable?

I have old Quadram board from PC1 era (black front). Everything looks OKay except varistor (I think it's called like this), wich connection on one leg is broken, it should be soldered to IC. Would IC boil during soldering? I'am also looking for DIP settings, here's the card:
  5. L

Sharing internet without DHCP in Winodws.

I've finally found reason of inability to get internet connection on XT. Machine with internet connection is giving IP via DHCP, wich as far as I know isn't supported in DOS. When I'm setting IP given by DHCP to my laptop on XT it don't work. And when I manually set IP on both computers it...
  6. L

SANYO MBC-1250 keyboard

Does it hard to get one for that system? Maybe modified PC keyboard will work?
  7. L

iomega zip100 drive on XT.

I bought 100MB external zip drive for my XT machines. It work on my modern machine, but as usually DOS cause a lot of problems with non-standard devices. I downloaded few versions of guest.exe. When I run 6.0 it locks computer permamently, so I need to power up machine again. Version 5.x and...
  8. L

Compaq Portable III memory error.

There is a damaged Portable III for few dollars wich I'am going to buy. The machine was sitting for few years in garage not powered up. At first time when seller powered it up it counted memory to 640 kB and then locked up. On next power ups it says something like that: "010000 0000 201 memory...
  9. L

PSU can't start?

There's Compaq Portable II wich I'd try to bid, but there is problem with it. Seller says, that it can't start, PSU is trying to turn on, but it can't ;). Fan is runing once slower, once faster. Nothing appears on the screen.
  10. L

Unknown graphics card.

Here are connectors and swiches: Strange connector: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4923/resizeofimg1890nq4.jpg And some IBM chips and AMI BIOS (?): http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7984/resizeofimg1897oq4.jpg Is it EGA card? As far as I know EGA looks a bit different. And what about...
  11. L

001 and 002 monitors.

Is there any difference between 5151001 and 5151002 or 5153001 and 5153002? And... were 5153s with anti-reflective cathode ray tubes produced? My 5153 seem to have anti-reflective one...
  12. L

Old IBM terminals 5291 and 3178C.

Someone have some info about them? I googled a bit but found very little. Do they have any other usage than connecting to some kind of mainframe?
  13. L

Older 5150 with special hard disk

I don't remember where it was discussed, but I found guy who have 16-64 PC with strange HDD. It has it's own power supply, sits in Pc's case and need his own modified PC-DOS 1.1. Really strange... http://www.selectric.org/old5150/index.html
  14. L

IBM XT PSU - replacement.

Hello. I have two chances to buy XT PSU for future replacement. First is working similar to one that sit in my XT, but have less stickers, it's a clone? http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/594/xtpsunx1.png Second is made by IBM, it's very different than one from my XT, untested, seller say...
  15. L

Setting up NE-1000 compatible card to acces internet.

Hello, I have 8-bit card with RJ45 port. Here I found card similar to mine, because I haven't find it on TH. It's Invisible Ethernet 1000/V2.4. Only location of J4 and J11 jupers are different, but I think, that it doeasn't matter. I want to acces internet using Lynx. I have host computer...
  16. L

Adding second drive.

I want to add another FDD to XT. Do I need to do something with termination blocks? Or set settings on FDDs?
  17. L

Conflict - Keyboard vs. SideKick.

Just installed SideKick on my XT with italian 83 keys keyboard. I want to use it's layout, but there is a conflict. To type '\' I need to click Ctrl+Alt+key. Ctrl+Alt is also used to get SideKick out of memory. So when I want to type '\' sometimes SideKick starts or computer beeps 5 times and I...
  18. L

What is it? Terminal?

http://allegro.pl/item132432375_komp_z_lat_72_77_dla_kolekcjonera_jedyna_okazja_.html At the bottom there are few low quality photos, but seller gave some numbers from chips and badges. Any idea what's it? It looks like terminal, these two ports looks like RS-232.
  19. L

IBM 5202 printer.

Anyone know something about this printer? I didn't found any informations on google. Was it shipped with PS/2 computers or earlier?
  20. L

Variants of 5160.

What variants of 5160 were sold? I know about standard FH FDD, FH 10 Mge HDD and HH FDD, FH 20 Meg HDD. On Wikipedia they say, that they were also sold in dual-floppy configuration without hard disk?
Back