• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Vintage computer collection for sale, rough shape

I used to post here about 15 years ago and I had an interesting vintage computer collection, I lost interest and put everything in storage in the worst way. I recovered everything from a crawlspace and would like it to go to somebody who is interested in restoring all of it, for a very small and...
  2. D

Vintage computers in the wild - going extinct?

Since the local electronics recycler I used to work for shut down, I've been having more and more difficulty actually finding vintage computers. The local thrift stores, Salvation Army, etc. have all basically dried up. I haven't seen anything solidly vintage around for years. Yard sales are a...
  3. D

F800 ROM error on 5150 16KB-64KB board

I'm having trouble with a very old IBM Personal Computer... When I flip it on, I get a long beep and two short beeps, then it'll either boot into the BASIC ROM (V1.00!) or halt with the error "F800 ROM". When I turned this system on for the first time in a few days, it booted into BASIC, but...
  4. D

HeNe LASER box

Okay, I've a gaylord box full of HP and Agilent Helium-Neon Gas Lasers. The chambers are between 6" and 10", most have optics and I don't think any of them have power supplies. I'm assuming we acquired them for the aluminum, but they are in super awesome condition nonetheless. Not sure what...
  5. D

IBM XT w/four HDDs, color printer

This is the one I described in the Warehouse updates thread in the Your Collections forum. Tragically, the 5153 color monitor was destroyed on Monday, the one day I wasn't there to stop them. The rest of the system made it upstairs fine, and I set it up to display composite output on a rather...
  6. D

Commodore plus/4

A gold star to whoever can tell me the most about this system before 3:30 P.M. PST (I'm pretty busy today). We had one come in today, new in the box mint condition blah blah blah. This just in: found a 1541 floppy disk drive as well, new in box w/price tag ($219.99). Looks like they were...
  7. D

$700 keyboard

http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Adjustable-Keyboard-p-n-13H6689_W0QQitemZ130019660185QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem I've seen these go for $300-$500 but this one's new in the box! Cha-CHING! It's part number 13H6689, which is listed on the Unicomp IBM/Lexmark P/N page. I wonder how...
  8. D

Restoring spraypaint-damaged IBM XT (and others)

All right, if you xref my Warehouse Incoming thread in the collections forum, you'll see exactly what I'm dealing with (some very very very nice stuff), but the gist of this is how to rescue IBM PC/XT cases and monitors from spraypaint (red in this case). I'll post some pictures if need be...
  9. D

Xerox mystery from 1977

Looks interesting doesn't it? It's from 1977, by Xerox, product code 528B. Can't find anything out - it has two odd cassette tape drives, volume control on the front (there was a speaker inside as well), huge capacitors and a transformer, eats 6 amps at 120V, had a big long row of card slots...
  10. D

Compu-Lite panel (identification please)

I have no idea what this is or where it's from. I've had it since I was very young. I don't think it has anything to do with the Compulite that makes stage light controllers...but it might!
  11. D

Modern system pics!

Here's a few pictures of the computers I get by with to go along with my antique computer collection post in the collections forum. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/dreddnott/modern/ This system is an Athlon 64 3400+ (2.4GHz) w/2GB DDR400 SDRAM, a Radeon X800GTO 256MB AGP video card...
  12. D

Home Collection Pictures!

I've been meaning to take pictures of my home collection of PCs for a few years, and I finally got around to it. This collection does not feature the SX-64, Macintosh 128K or IBM 5150 because I haven't sold them to myself yet. They're still at work, waiting for me to rescue them. There's a big...
  13. D

Macintosh 128K

What MacOS versions will run on a 128K? I tried System 6, didn't work, but the disk might be bad. And yes, I found a Macintosh 128K on a pallet today. It's in very good condition. I had a mouse, just need a stupid RJ11 keyboard!
  14. D

TRS-80 Model I rarity

I have a TSR-80 Model I Level II packed away in a steamer trunk with a ton of software, books, original manuals, cassettes, monitor w/green-screen, etc. and I was looking for something similar on eBay. I was unable to find any Model I's for sale, and only a scarce few Models III and IV. Are...
  15. D

TRS-80 Model 2000 keyboard

If anybody's got a spare one of these for sale, give me a ring. I'd also appreciate being hit with a clue stick if anybody knows of another model of keyboard that will plug in and work! I have a Model 2000 in very good condition, color adapter and monitor, 20MB HDD, ARCNET adapter, boots into...
  16. D

IBM Model M keyboards

I've been stockpiling these at work (the good ones, made by IBM and not Lexmark or Unicomp) and was curious if anybody was interested in these. I happened upon a particularly collectible one the other day, as a matter of fact. It's an IBM keyboard with the wonderfully noisy buckling spring...
  17. D

Some recent IBM minicomputers...

I managed to snag one AS/400, two RS/6000s and a 7133-600 disk array, if anybody's interested. They appear to be intact except for some missing HDDs in one of the RS/6000s. On the same load we also got near on a hundred IBM 5294, 5394, and 5494 as well as some Perle boxes for the same purpose...
  18. D

UNIVAC, IBM, Westinghouse manuals

Somewhere in my stash I have quite a bit of documentation for old, old, old systems. Currently I can only find the generic IBM user manual for their office machines (1959!) but I know I have the others safely tucked away somewhere. They got misplaced (in my mind at least) when my schizophrenic...
  19. D

TRS-80 Model 2000 keyboard

I don't have one. That really sucks, and a PC AT keyboard doesn't seem to cut the mustard. The system works otherwise, boots to DOS 2.1 from the internal HDD, has an ARCnet adapter and the 14" colour monitor with appropriate video adapter. I do trades. Modern or vintage, you name it. If you...
  20. D

Warehouse incoming - daily updates

Hello, I posted in the introductions forum, I'm here to talk about the computer stuff I come across each day here at the warehouse. First off, though, a list of the stuff I'm hoarding upstairs right now: Motorola 6800 test kit from 1976 (with the hexadecimal keyboard) IBM 5150 (I think the...
Back