• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Weird Stain-like area on my 95lx screen

I pulled out my 95lx today and found that it developed this weird dark stain-like area on its screen. As you can see it still shows everything on the display fine through the area in question, so it doesn't appear to be a crack or dead pixels. Any idea what this is and can it be remedied?
  2. S

Using SRAM card in a Presario 1210

Does anyone know if the Presario 1210 can use a SRAM card like the ones the HP95lx uses? I'm mostly asking because I'd like to try to get around the SLOW method of using serial transfer to get files onto my 95lx. I know my Mobilepro 770 hates the cards and will try to reformat them.
  3. S

Problems with Skate or Die for IIgs

I can't get Skate or Die to work on my IIgs. It tries to boot, but crashes to a screen with a bunch of "@" symbols and a flashing prompt. Its ram requirements are much smaller than my IIgs's amount of RAM. I downloaded it at "What is The Apple IIgs". Could this be one of the games that aren't...
  4. S

Nice Find on Ebay

I was searching eBay and found this old Commodore...
  5. S

Got my IIgs working

I finally got a Power Supply for my IIgs. So far I've made the System 6 disk, used them to create a Second Boot Disk ( the Install to 800k Floppy Option) that I modified by removing the clock and printer control panel and added the sound control panel and two sounds. I've cleaned up and tested a...
  6. S

Found my PCjr

A while back, about 8 years ago, I was working for a flea market vendor as his computer tech. He got an awesome load that was a mix of early pentiums( the machines I refurbed for him to sell) and various vintage computers, which I was given because he was just going to trash them anyway. In this...
  7. S

full 040 in Performa 475 (LC style case)

I just swapped out a 68lc040 cpu and relaced it with a full 040 in a Performa 475. Does the full 040 produce anymore heat than the LC040? I was wondering If I need to put a heat sink on the cpu somehow , or does the case still allow enough airflow to keep things from overheating? I did notice...
  8. S

Apple IIgs psu wanted for trade

I'll make it official. In this thread I'll do the trading part, the thread in the Apple section will now be for advice on what to rig up to test my IIgs without blowing it up. Items I know I have available for trade so far. Apple II series: Disk II interface card ( I have several of these)...
  9. S

Apple IIgs PSU

I was given an Apple IIgs with no PSU. Is there any PSU that can be adapted to power up the Motherboard to see if it is still good? I don't see any visible signs of trouble on both sides of the board, in fact its a very clean looking board. If someone has a spare I might be willing to trade...
  10. S

Free Apollos, SW Georgia

As much as I hate to part with them, I no longer have the resources to restore my Apollo 735 or my Apollo 300. I have one keyboard, mouse and monitor set.All working, just needs some cleaning up. One Apollo 735 (PA-Risc) ( powers on but not booting, doesn't get past POST, possible ROM Bios...
  11. S

iMac DV+ replacement speakers

I blew one of my iMac speakers and I need a new set( or just the left one). I checked one site and they were $100 a pair! :crazy: Anyone know where I can get a replacement speaker alot more reasonable? I'm hoping to fix the built in speaker system because space is limited since i have both my...
  12. S

Just got done prettying this one up

Since My Apollo 735 will be down for a long time I descided to give the older Apollo 300 some attention. Here is a "beauty shot" of the 300 much like the one I made of the 735 back when I aquired them both. BTW the screen is grey, not blue. I have no Disk drives for this one, just a HD ( top...
  13. S

Portable Inventory

so what portables do we have? Handhelds: HP95lx - pocket sized xt with 512k ram and a 512k storage card Handspring Treo 300 - Combo Palm/Cell Phone with 33mhz Motorola Dragonball CPU, 16 mb memory( shared between RAM and storage) NEC MobilePro 770 - Windows CE Pro, 133mhz Mips CPU, 32mb...
  14. S

Holy Crap!

i was checking Ebay and found this lot http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-Vinatage-Macintosh-SE-SE-30-Classic-Plus-72-pieces_W0QQitemZ8802610953QQcategoryZ80286QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Its a Wall of Little Macs! i hope someone can buy these things because it would be a shame if the seller...
  15. S

My C64 still alive

I was digging out my Commodore Monitor to be used on a few game systems for my little cousin and i figured i'd try out the whole system. I set her up in my shop, plugged her it and the Blue Screen of Life! afer a few tries i got Strike Fleet to load( disc just aren't as durable as the systems)...
  16. S

Hp 95lx

just took a couple snapshots of whats currently the only working XT class system i have, and its one of the smallest ( if not the smallest) XTs made. This little system has a NEC V20 cpu( 8088/8086 compatible) 512k memory split( user adjustable) between RAM and Storage ( 256k c: anyone?), two...
  17. S

My new Beast

This is the picture of the Apollo the computer shop i hang out at ( on day they will hire me, but in a small town, computer shops don't make much) gave me. They had to get rid of alot of stuff because customers were taking their systems up there and never picking them up after they got fixed...
  18. S

need help with a Apollo 735/99

Hi, i'm a noob :rolleyes: . Someone gave me this awesome old HP-UX system, a HP Apollo 735/99 with 128 mb ram and a drive box with a CD-Rom, 3.5 floppy drive and Tape Drive. :cool: I'm trying to get this thing to recognize the cd-rom( ultimate goal is to install a web browser and get the old...
Back