• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Wiring Schematic Questions

I know this is totally off topic but here goes. I'm building a wind turbine, small scale. I'm working on my charge controller and control panel. I posted the folowing question in a forum called Turbine Zone. I got a deer in the headlights stare. So I figures I'd ask my friends here who are more...
  2. F

ClubMac external CD-RW

I'm trying to find any information I can on this piece of hardware. I have been Googleing for hours. I'm hoping it will work on my Quadra 800 so I can make system 7.5.3 install disk for my PowerBook 5300c laptop. Any and all information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fred
  3. F

PowerBook 5300c question/ Mack system 7.x question

Quite a while ago, I bought a PowerBook 5300c from a fellow member. It had os 7.6 installed. It had a feature that would speak the text you typed. The Os was corrupt so I replaced it. After spending in excess of $50.00 on 2 corrupt copies of 7.5.3, I purchased a PowerBook 5300 (B&W) for less...
  4. F

Vintage Hardware in Pennsylvania

I have quite a bit of vintage hardware that I have accumulated over the years. The problem is that all the years I've had it, I've done nothing with it. It's time to thin the herd and make more room for my wife and I. I'm specifically looking for a vintage enthusiast in Pennsylvania who would be...
  5. F

Can't format my Mac iBook Clamshell

I made the mistake of installing osX 10.1 before Classic 9.2.2. Now I can't install classic. I can't get anything to boot so I can format and start over. I tried 9.0, 9.1, 9.2.2, 10.1 and 10.2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it was a Ms os issue I'd have no problem. I'm new to...
  6. F

os X Browser Problems

First off I'd like to apologize if this in the wrong place or if the machine is too new for this forum. I recently purchased an iBook clamshell with a 366cpu. I upgraded the ram to 576 mb, and added an airport card. It has classic 9.1 installed and also os 10.0. All works great except the...
  7. F

What did I find?

What did I find? It's definitely a Compaq portable, but which one. I think an origional portable from 1983. The fcc id # is cnt 75mcompaq and the model is COMPAQ, according to the data plate on it. The only badge on the unit is COMPAQ. It has the drive bays going top to bottom (vertical) as...
  8. F

Reviving a 5 1/4 HDD

A while back thier was a very informative post on Reviving a 5 1/4 HDD. Would some one please post or e-mail me the url of this post. I can't seem to find it. Thank You :confused:
  9. F

No to Drugs

Some people should just say no to drugs, like this guy on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-IIe-computer-system_W0QQitemZ270107381420QQihZ017QQcategoryZ51046QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  10. F

Sinclair ZX81 / Timex Sinclair T1000

If any one is interested in adapting a Sinclair ZX81 / Timex Sinclair T1000 to use a compsite monitor instead of an old tv, I posted the following instructional page. http://www.fred3rd.com I had to do it myself recently and hope others bennefit from what I learned the hard way. Just look at the...
  11. F

Sinclair ZX81

Gentleman I'm looking for some help with my Latest project, a Sinclair ZX81, AKA the Timex Sinclair T1000. I installed a jack to connect a composite monitor using the directions outlined at the following website. http://www.mainbyte.com/ts1000/composite.html After completing the modificatiom...
  12. F

80 column card question

Does any one know off hand if it is possible to put a second 80 colmn card in slot 5 or 6 to upgrade to 128kb? I suppose I could just try it, but I don't want to take a chance on frying something. If it makes a difference the computer in question is one of my IIe Platinums. Thanks in advance...
  13. F

Apple Works Woe's

I finally cleaned up my computer room and made room to set up one of my Apple IIe's, a Platinum this time. The problem is my copy of Apple Works isn't 2K complient. It will only accept dates up to 12/31/99. Does anybody know where I can get an updated version?:confused: Also I have a lot if...
  14. F

IBM external CD-Rom driver hunt

I know this doen't quite fit the criteria for vintage but here goes. Does anyone out there have any good links that might bag me the device drivers for the following IBM external CD-Rom drives? Drive #1 IBM ORB-CD12X Drive #2 p/n 61G4113 model 3509-001 Thank You in advance for anyone who...
  15. F

My Latest Endeavor

I went down to my garage full of relics and dug out a IBM PS2 55sx. It would not boot to the hdd, I always landed in Basic, "Hello World". I then went back to my bone yard and yanked a hdd out of another PS2. I went from a little 40mb to a big old 60mb. This got me booting into a hdd. I loaded...
  16. F

Hello from Fred3rd (Just call me Fred)

Well I guess you want to know what rock I climbed out from under. I started with a yardsale CowBox in 2000. Little did I know the cow had died or so I was told a year later when a neighbor looked at it for me. The same neighbor gave me a Pentium I 180mhz with windblows 98. I was off and running...
  17. F

I found my old PS2, model 8525-004.

Good evening all. After I was corresponding with Alex i got curious. I started cleaning my garage today. I found my old PS2, model 8525-004. I brought it up to the computer room and threw it on the bench. Can anybody help me get started with this project? It has 2x 3.5 fdd's. The specs I found...
Back