• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

IC profiler

Again, I am looking for something that no longer, or never did, exist. I seem to recall this REALLY cool, REALLY expensive device that you would plug into the CPU socket of a known working motherboard, plug the CPU into the device and it would profile that motherboard. In the future, with the...
  2. D

Model I solid state floppy

I'm about to tackle a pile of 16K keyboard units and bare boards. I'm looking for something that may not exist. A floppy drive emulator that doesn't require an expansion interface to work. Does such a device exist and, if not, could such a device be built? Unfortunately, I'm not a Raspberry PI...
  3. D

MOS6526 info required.

OK, I'm asking a question (again). I know the difference between the 6526 (1 MHz), the 6526A (2 MHz) and the 6526B (3 MHz), but what is the deal with the 6526A-1, if any? I have a mixed batch of these chips in transit and I don't seem to be able to find out anything about the A-1. I find...
  4. D

Next Computer Systems.

I really don't know where else this might go, but, if there is a spot I missed, kindly move it. My next personal project is these two items from a collection we acquired; NEXT CSlab 68040 CPU NEXT Mono w/montor Everything seems to be there, the boxes, at least one monitor (another may be...
  5. D

Making 8" physical diskettes...

Looking for another set of opinions; I have everything I need to produce actual diskettes, theoretically, for just about any 8" drive from images. The question is, do you think there is a market for the service? Yah, Nay, Maybe? Thanks
  6. D

Apple II keyoard encoders

Hi, I have a purchase decision to make and I'm looking for input here. I already have sourced and am expecting delivery of some of each of the following NOS chips; SMC KR3600-070 GI AY-5-3600-PRO-050 SMC KR3600-017-PRO SMC KR9600-PRO GI KB3600-PRO The problem is that I have also sourced the...
  7. D

Strange Cable

I came across this cable and I'm posting it here because the DB-25 shell has a dot sticker on it that says B4. I have only seen those on Duo Drive cables before. As you can see from the pictures, it's fairly complex in that shell with not only connector to connector wiring but internal wiring as...
  8. D

820-0044-C vs 820-0001-04 opinions

Ok, I have a decked out Apple II+ case with Sup R Mod, back-mount joy-stick plug and a higher-end memory, a Multi-plex Tech 80 column card (with composite and cable outputs), grappler+ card and Modem80 card. Now, the board that originally came in it was the 0001-04 and it tests fine. However, I...
  9. D

C64 Lock-up Box

Anyone remember those brown customized metal boxes that you use to have in schools that they would lock a C64 in to keep people from stealing them? I have one that someone is interested in, in good shape and I have no idea what a fair market value is. Anyone know what they are worth? Thank you.
  10. D

savem in Xroar CoCo emulator

Ok, here is the latest information I'm looking for; I'm running Xroar 35.2 and I'm loading a .dsk that contains a .bin file. I load that .bin into memory and, if I exec it, it runs fine. Can I do a savem of that .bin file and, if so, how do I determine the start, end and execute addresses for...
  11. D

A rather strange Commodore C128D

I have a plastic 128D that seems to be like any other one I've seen either live or in pictures. However, on this one, there is no text under/above any of the ports or activity LEDs. It's not like they were there and someone filed them off for some strange reason, they were just never there...
  12. D

Color Computer EPROM problem

Hi, I'm having a problem with burning a diagnostic EPROM (2.0) from a .ccc that perhaps someone could help me with. I have the file and I converted it to a .bin file using Joe Strosnider's CCC-TO-BIN program. When I load it into the TL-866CS buffer, it looks good and I can see the ASCII parts...
  13. D

I need some opinions...

Hi, I got tired of seeing all the Commodore 64s, 64Cs, 128s, Vic-20s and Amigas, with their monitors sitting around the warehouse, so I had them trucked over to my house and I am making fixing them a pet (no pun intended) project. Most of all the C64 PSUs tested bad on a load test-jig I set...
  14. D

Micom 2000 - R.I.P. Lawrence

It is my sad duty to inform you that Lawrence Walker A.K.A. Micom 2000 passed away on 11/19/2018 after a short illness. Lawrence will be know for his vast knowledge of all things computer and was the venerable "Grandfather" of old computer equipment. Although he hasn't been around lately, he...
  15. D

Auctioning off Micom 2000's Collection

OK, if anyone is at all interested, we've started auctioning off some of Micom 2000's collection on eBay. It's being done through my personal account which is Druid123 . Depending on how it goes, we might set up a store. Hope to see you bidding and, if there is anything particular from the...
  16. D

CoCo CCC files to ROM

I have a few CoCos (and I think I'll be getting more), so, I wanted to make a diagnostic cartridge up to be able to test them out quickly. I have the .ccc files for some of the diagnostics and I know I'll have to get the PCBs to use the 27 series ROMs, which I can get, but, what do I need to do...
  17. D

Non-Apple HD format help

Among the Mac AIOs I received in a collection acquisition was a Mac SE/30 with a bad floppy and no hard drive. The floppy I got from a 605 with a smashed up case that I've had for a while and for the hard drive, I have a Quantum 40S. Of course, the formatter on the 6.0.5 installer disk says it...
  18. D

Micom2000's Computer Collection Inventory

As stated in this thread http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?64519-My-Personal-Workshop , we have acquired this collection from the estate and it is currently in our (new) processing workshop. I thought people might want to know what is going to be available. So far, this combined...
  19. D

Ni-Cad 3.6V "barrel" battery replacement.

I'm planning on replacing the Ni-Cad batteries on all the motherboards I have in stock with rechargeable Ni-Mh ones the same size and voltage. They are 80mAh, 14h 8mA units with spade solder tabs and I was wondering if anyone has used them to replace leaking or dead Ni-Cads. The long charging...
  20. D

My Personal Workshop

I just thought, after all these years, that I would post a couple of pictures of where I go when I don't want to deal with phone calls and paperwork at the regular shop. It is uncommonly clean and organized because I am losing it to a storage area for a collection of Vintage computers that we...
Back