• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Trade query - Looking to trade working NeXT Computer for working Apple Lisa

Title mostly says it all. Includes Megapixel monitor, NeXT mouse, and NeXT keyboard. Please PM if interested. I'm in central TX.
  2. N

Looking for information about the MagicSCSI mod/board (Mac 512k)

Ran across a Mac 512k board that had been upgraded at some point in time, but unfortunately I have found practically no information about the MagicSCSI board (770-5380). Is anyone familiar with this board? Will I need to use any special drivers to access a SCSI drive? Is it possible to boot from...
  3. N

Apple 1 listed on eBay

There is a nice Apple 1 (with provenance) on eBay that is being sold by Dick and Cliff Huston. Starting bid is $35k. Good luck everyone. :-) Edit: They have also listed an IMSAI that was used for developing Applesoft. Cool stuff!
  4. N

Help with configuring a Cayman Systems GatorBox?

I recently picked up a reasonably priced GatorBox CS, but unfortunately I have been having a heck of time getting it configured. When I received the box, it was already configured by the previous user. As expected, their configuration would not have worked for me locally, but they also had a...
  5. N

My latest resuscitation project

Here's a neat little guy that will be receiving some much needed TLC soon: From the other pictures that I've seen, there's no telling what it has been through the past few decades. If I'm lucky, it will only need a gentle bath! (fingers crossed)
  6. N

Wow. $5k for an Apple II.

Incredible. An Apple II w/ Integer ROMs (#220876370111) just sold for over $5k on eBay. I don't see anything particularly unique about this Apple II and have actually seen (what I consider) much more rare Apple II's sell for less than half of that in the past 6 months. Guess that's just typical...
  7. N

On to the next project...a very lonely and ailing Apple ///

A few on here may remember that I spent some time rehabilitating a very sad Apple II. It took awhile, but now my II is running smoothly and is no longer producing any errors during testing. Fast forward to this week and I was able to purchase my first Apple /// for essentially shipping (which...
  8. N

IMSAI 8080 listed on ebay

Bidding started today at $0.99. Item number: 260794621595 "It should at least be a good source for parts." :-D (Not mine.)
  9. N

Darn. This II(+) doesn't look happy. Any suggestions?

The good news: I picked up a nice looking (ROM upgraded) Apple II. The bad news: It doesn't boot. I'm not sure where I should start, but I'm seeing the current screen (with or without cards) upon boot: Upon physical inspection, everything appears to look ok for a system 30+ years old, but...
  10. N

Help with identifying a card

Does the card in slot 3 look familiar to anyone? The gray cables run to J25, and there appears to be an audio(?) jack on the back of the card and perhaps one in the front as well.
  11. N

Is this an Apple II or II+?

Is there any way to tell without powering it on? Also, any idea why this (ground?) wire is attached in such a fashion?
  12. N

Looking for more information: Alaska/Wildcard 2

I ran across a pair of Alaska Cards and was curious if anyone can think of a unique reason to use it in 2011? Collectible? Reference: Alaska Card aka Wildcard 2 Cheers!
Back