• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

NEC Powermate I (286) Desktop

Bumping this old thread as I am searching for the proper NEC Powermate BIOS/setup files and the FTP links on page one are dead. do you still have those files?
  2. A

New England IBM ThinkPad TransNote (literally a notebook!) ENDS 6/14/22 @ 9PM PST

I've posted something special up for auction, hope someone brings it back to life! https://www.ebay.com/itm/275341841186
  3. A

So where did all the Sensations go?

Bumping this old thread again as I just found it! I've had this since 1994; was the first PC I owned personally :)
  4. A

Anyone have IBM P70 screen hinge files for 3D printing by chance?

Title says it all! I know many IBM P70 systems are plagued with this same issue as mine; broken display hinge mounts. Has anyone created 3D printer files for new ones?
  5. A

HELP! Needed: Japanese IBM 5545T reference diskette

Hi everyone! Trying to get my IBM PS/2 5545T (Japanese P70) up and running, but I am in need of the reference diskette. The P70 disk that works fine on my other P70 and my GE Fanuc II does not work on this; gives me an error. I'm guessing I need the diskette for this specific system. I don't...
  6. A

Games that will run under DOS with 2mb RAM

This is CGA only, yes, but there are pics everywhere of games like Keen running on these... so I'm more confused now.
  7. A

Bear with me, it's been a while since I've had to do this. How do I allocate the memory properly?
  8. A

Giving up hope finding a RAM upgrade for my Compaq Portable 386. Guess I'm stuck with 2mb RAM! Looking for game ideas for this lil guy. Tried Xargon, Wolf3d, Commander Keen... none will run with the paltry 2mb RAM. Any good suggestions?
  9. A

Going back here... Royal punch tape machine Model 518... what's it interface with?

Still cleaning out that estate! Another interesting piece. I've found only this for information but it either doesn't say what this interfaces with or I missed it: https://archive.org/details/TNM_Roytron_tape_punches_and_readers_20171021_0058 Curious what this worked with, and a possible age?
  10. A

Help with installing Mac OS 8 on a Power Mac 8500 - HDD not supported?

I didn't know where to post this as the Apple forum seemed to be for 68000 only? Purchased this Power Macintosh 8500/150 complete with all the discs thinking a fresh OS install would be easy. But I think I'm missing something! This had two HDD in it, but the main drive had failed. I removed it...
  11. A

Anyone do recap work? Need IBM floppy drive done

I have a pair of IBM portables; a P70 and a 5545T (Japanese variant). Neither floppy drive worked as both have leaky SMT caps. I tried my hand at doing one drive and it wasn't fun. Not much room to work on that board especially the ones near the spindle motor. Not sure if I didn't do...
  12. A

Loaded Altair 8800 discovered yesterday with tons of paperwork & punch tape programs

Loaded Altair 8800 discovered yesterday with tons of paperwork & punch tape programs Well, this happened. This was the crown jewel of that estate I cleaned out a couple weeks ago. Barely made a dent in the pile, but had to post this up. Sadly, it'll need a full restoration. Mice have been...
  13. A

Interesting CP/m card from Advanced Logic System

Latest find. This is a CP/m card for the Apple II made by Advanced Logic Systems. This one seems to be a very early release or possibly a prototype. I can't find any that look like this with all socketed chips. Really interesting.
  14. A

Which 387 math co-processor when using a 33MHz 486 upgrade chip?

My 40MHz 387 came in from Russia. Now to locate a the ti486sxl2-50 with the 8kb cache :)
  15. A

What kinda RAM works in 386 IBM PS/2 systems?

Hmm, according to this, the card I chose (KTM-3011-4) will NOT break the 16mb barrier in my P70. That's OK, long as I can get to that 16mb mark. So, with 4mb built on to the card, what configuration do I need to get the other 4mb? A single 4mb stick? Two 2mb? If one 4mb will work, might this...
  16. A

What kinda RAM works in 386 IBM PS/2 systems?

Picked this Kingston RAM card up for my P70. I know not all 72-pin is the same... what will work on this? Any chance any of the sticks I have might be the right ones? Otherwise it's back to eBay! Manual says it'll take 3x KTM4000/M70 (4mb each) for 16mb max. Trying to find the specs on those.
  17. A

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

I had to look into that CRT for that crazy price. It's for industrial equipment... and they do sell for a lot!
  18. A

MCA RAM expansion card compatibility with P70

Alright! Just scored a Kingston KTM-3011-4 for a great price. Was touted as being specifically for the 70 & 80, so should work fine with the P70 (I believe!) Now to find the setup files for it... :/
Back